curb cheap stomp tactics

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I think that making a mist form not be able to stomp would just kill that skill… why would anyone pick it? ok you are invulnerable for 3 seconds while doing nothing except moving, dodging and changing attunements… not really worth it over the arcane shield except for stomps imo…

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think that making a mist form not be able to stomp would just kill that skill… why would anyone pick it? ok you are invulnerable for 3 seconds while doing nothing except moving, dodging and changing attunements… not really worth it over the arcane shield except for stomps imo…

Could just as easily be re-designed if it wasn’t. I’m fairly certain the skill has a long cooldown for two reasons. First, obviously is the stomp factor. But also, it makes you faster and doesn’t have a block limit, so that you can flee enough to reorient. Arcane shield is essentially a more offensive block, where as mist is more defensive (aside from stomps, strictly speaking combat).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I say so long as activating deathshroud mid stomp interrupts it, all skills and abilities activated mid stomp should interrupt it.

Consistency is key, and since fixing Deathshroud seems unlikely, only one alternative remains.

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]Stop saying there is no counter playing to Immunity stomps. There are counterplays.

Like what? Predicting the enemy has an invincibility skill and stun them before they use it? A skill that will probably break stun?

Stealth whoever is going to be stomped?

Every profession has access to a form of CC. Not all professions have access to party stealth.

Characters are not Swiss knives with all of their skills available at the same time.

Granted that not everyone may bring CCs. But someone having a CC is immensely more probable than someone having AoE stealth.

A ‘counter’ existing doesn’t really qualify as an actual counter. A counter counts as a counter when it’s available to enough professions. All professions have access to stability and stun breakers, so stuns are fine, all professions have access to stability, so CCs are fine.

Not all professions have access to party stealth or invulnerability, so invulnerability finishing is not fine.

And you can’t expect both people to form parties that may counter the issue, and having solo queues. You must keep in mind that you WILL have parties formed with random unsynergized builds by people that may not be able to talk to each other because they speak different languages.
So when balancing things, you can’t just say “Well, have a party member drop a revives skill, or stealth them”, because you may not have any control at all over what your party brings.

So stop flauting around the “L2P, L2P” just the way the seagulls in Finding Nemo say “Mine, Mine”, because it’s in no way a “L2P” issue.

Why do you think invulnerability prevents capture? Because invulnerability would be too strong otherwise. It already has enough value on its own. It doesn’t need more uses other than keeping the user alive during a heaving direct damage burst.

I though that was pretty obvious. But it seems it is not.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

[…]Stop saying there is no counter playing to Immunity stomps. There are counterplays.

Like what? Predicting the enemy has an invincibility skill and stun them before they use it? A skill that will probably break stun?

Stealth whoever is going to be stomped?

Every profession has access to a form of CC. Not all professions have access to party stealth.

Every profession has access to an instant revive.

Just because you don’t choose to use the counter play doesn’t mean it isn’t there. You are making a trade-off, just like the player who uses their invulnerability.

And you can’t expect both people to form parties that may counter the issue, and having solo queues. You must keep in mind that you WILL have parties formed with random unsynergized builds by people that may not be able to talk to each other because they speak different languages.
So when balancing things, you can’t just say “Well, have a party member drop a revives skill, or stealth them”, because you may not have any control at all over what your party brings.

No. PvP is a team game, of course it should be balanced around teams. If you hate your allies getting stomped because you can’t interrupt invulnerable players or stealth your teammates, you have the option to bring an instant revive, and to ask the same of your teammates.

If you’re playing solo Q, you have way bigger things to worry about than, “Am I going to be able to save my guardian/ranger/warrior/engineer/necro teammate from getting stomped by a player using an invulnerability utility?”, these other issues don’t deserve any special consideration for balancing either.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

PvP is a team game, but that doesn’t mean you can balance ONLY with a perfect team composition in mind.

Otherwise we could just do away with selectable utilities and just give people fixed builds.

You will have to take into account randomness, and you WILL have to take into account there’s people queuen solo and forming random parties that may not speak to each other and will have to respond solely to each other’s actions.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

There are no cheap stomp tactics. You either know how to manage the downstate, or you don’t. If you can’t avoid getting into a downed fight with a warrior or ranger then you shouldn’t be off 1v1ing by yourself.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

The thing is, even if we want to make a consideration for solo Q when balancing, even organized parties don’t take invulnerability stomps into account for their setup because it’s such a non-issue. There are trade-offs and there are counterplays, but at the end of the day the difference really is that one of your (often tankier) players has been downed.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

curb cheap stomp tactics

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

and you forgot f3 from mesmer … it is another way of stomping but this too has long cd

f4

Ark 2nd Account