d/d ele counter?

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

have anybody any tips how fight vs d/d ele beacuse his regen/cleanse is very strong

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Chill right after water. Ele is actually very easy to counter. Mess with their attunement, and you reduce their effectiveness by 50%. As soon as an ele rotation is messed up, many of them go into panic mode and starts pressing any cool down they have.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if you’re a berserker: it’s not your job to 1v1 an ele.

if you’re a celestial: engi and shoutbow can kill an ele, don’t ever fight a d/d ele when the node is not neutralized or yours.

condi classes can only kill ele if they can cover their damaging conditions. necro can try and kite ele a bit but as ele you can disengage and regain your health faster than the necro to go back and kill him.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

engis work well vs eles

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

kite and range. D/D ele hasn’t got much ranged attack.

Mesmerising Girl

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

They don’t really have a hard counter. But both necro and mesmer have potential to land a kill. Even thief can do it. However, if you find that you can’t outplay the ele and kill him soon enough, better retreat or have someone help you.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

What profession are you using? I run power Necro and rarely loose against D/D. Patience, chill, weakness and boon corruption are what I have a lit of luck with. Use Well of Suffering, etc to lure dodges before poison/chill/weakness+boon corruption (immobile/knockdown helps here) . Weakness and corrupting Vigor will reduce their change to remove these conditions by taking out theoir dodge/damage. Chillmreduces strong cooldowns and attunement recharge. This will make them incredibly weak for a moment giving you the chance to setup a burst. Playing very aggressive toward them is key. With the huge amount of skills/recovers/boons on low cooldowns, you’re generally best off to end the fight quickly. Drawing the figh out much will almost guarantee your demise. This is just my experience though I’m, by no means, top tier.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Elementalist, as well as a lot of things in this game, don’t have a “Counter”.

You just play the game and press buttons against them like anything else.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Elementalist, as well as a lot of things in this game, don’t have a “Counter”.

You just play the game and press buttons against them like anything else.

So you’re comparing eles to slick shoes nade engi? ..wow that’s low man…very low

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Range. They have little range.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Well….. there isn’t a counter…. but don’t be afraid, thats basically the only thing a D/D-Ele has going for himself…

- Teamfight presence is bad, cuz melee (so force the D/D-Ele to teamfight)
- Sustain is good in 1v1, but as soon as there are 2 Damage-Dealers against him, he falls over like like something that easily falls over (analogies are not my strong suit. ^^‘)
- sustained DPS is cleared easily and burst is bad as well, so he’ll most likel loose against any other sustain-heavy 1v1 builds.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

To add to what PowerBottom said (as these are all good points):

Coordinated burst – this is why d/d ele has pretty much fallen out of the meta since everyone shifted towards zerker comps. D/D ele is GREAT against sustained damage, and even 1 single roaming-dps. However, focus a d/d ele with 2 high-damage dealers to quickly chunk his HP down, and he can’t quite recover like a cele engie (with healing turret) or shoutbow (with shout heals) can.

I will say, however, that d/d ele does have great team-fighting capability by providing boons, heals, and cleanses if people aren’t all playing zerker specs that focus on stealth spikes or immob-chain spikes.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Tips:

Keep in mind what the attunements mean:

Water ( Heal/Condi Clear ): After they get out water, feel free to apply condis and pressure.

Fire( DPS ) : Avoid getting hit by drake’s breath / Burning speed.

Air ( Set up ): Avoid attacking while shocking aura is up, and watch out for updraft. Eles will usually have an easier time getting out burst while on Air.

also, force them to waste their lighting-flash / Cleansing fire before going full out.

oh and @Supreme.3164 Elementalist / Slick shoes Engi / Shoutbow / DPS guard are all in the same level :]

(edited by google.3709)

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

have anybody any tips how fight vs d/d ele beacuse his regen/cleanse is very strong

well technically a good d/d celestial ele shouldn’t lose vs anything that could possibly go for 1v1 him on point except, maybe, for a good shatter mesmer (Who still needs to play perfectly since he’s gonna be dead if he gets some random burning and bleeding) and still won’t be able to hold cap anyway

If a d/d cele ele loses 1v1 it’s probably his fault…on a 1v1 situation on point, aside from moa, crate and lich (Considering they shouldn’t be used in 1v1 in first place) at the same skill level worst thing that could happen should be fighting forever with noone dieing…if a celestial d/d dies 1v1 in less than 1 minute he’s just plain bad…and i mean really really bad

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ele’s weaknesses is continuous pressure from range and keeping clear of his 240 radius attacks.

Ranger’s and Mesmers have the best chances of beating him 1v1 for sure. He’s vulnerable to conditions if you work around his Water attunement… but not so much if he’s in a group as every Regen he applies to a teamate will cleanse a condition (needs an icd, please). Most of an ele’s sustains comes from mobility through peels. Lock him down for the win.

oh and @Supreme.3164 Elementalist / Slick shoes Engi / Shoutbow / DPS guard are all in the same level :]

Gerdian is not on the same level as engi and ele in a 1v1 standoff. They kite guards so hard, they’ll win 99% of the time.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Ele’s weaknesses is continuous pressure from range and keeping clear of his 240 radius attacks.

Ranger’s and Mesmers have the best chances of beating him 1v1 for sure. He’s vulnerable to conditions if you work around his Water attunement… but not so much if he’s in a group as every Regen he applies to a teamate will cleanse a condition (needs an icd, please). Most of an ele’s sustains comes from mobility through peels. Lock him down for the win.

Gerdian is not on the same level as engi and ele in a 1v1 standoff. They kite guards so hard, they’ll win 99% of the time.

The fact that d/d ele will kill a dps guardian does not mean that it’s not on the same lvl, just saying. Shoutbow will most likely beat a d/d ele in a 1v1, yet they’re on the same level. DPS guard is very forgiving for a zerker spec with its high sustain, lots condition cleanse and crazy dps. Obviously in team fights it’s a bit different but yeah.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Thief counters everything

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

medi guards say hai

All is Vain~

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

medi guards say hai

Thief counters them too. In terms of overall gameplay anyway. And thief will beat anything 1 on 1 too. Been that way since release. If played really well.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

medi guards say hai

Thief counters them too. In terms of overall gameplay anyway. And thief will beat anything 1 on 1 too. Been that way since release. If played really well.

Wat.

Thief will beat anything in 1v1? Wai do u troll so much.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

medi guards say hai

Wat.

Well if the thief is patient and just keeps resetting till enemy gets bored and eventually makes a mistake, then yes thief can win any 1v1. They can reset against any class quite easily while no other class can reliably reset against them but this isn’t really all that important in the grand scheme of things other than wvw trolling.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

medi guards say hai

Wat.

Well if the thief is patient and just keeps resetting till enemy gets bored and eventually makes a mistake, then yes thief can win any 1v1. They can reset against any class quite easily while no other class can reliably reset against them but this isn’t really all that important in the grand scheme of things other than wvw trolling.

i think by that time match is over lol

All is Vain~

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

medi guards say hai

Wat.

Haha, have you ever played a thief? The fact they can reset does not mean they will win the 1v1. They have very little chance of winning a 1v1 against a d/d ele, shoutbow, cele engi, heavy condition builds, dps guard…don’t need to go on. These classes will have more sustain and the thief won’t be able to take them down at all nor any time soon. Not even speaking of the fact that if thief does this in pvp, his team is basically playing 4v5 and he’s being useless. In wvw for trolling possibly, but hardly for anything in pvp.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

not entirely true

you can win vs engi or ele if played well/perfectly and they make mistake or 2
same goes for heavy condi builds, as they have to land their skills first

medi guard is just…. i don’t want to comment on it… or i will end up throwing my lovely keyboard against the wall -_-

All is Vain~

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

not entirely true

you can win vs engi or ele if played well/perfectly and they make mistake or 2
same goes for heavy condi builds, as they have to land their skills first

medi guard is just…. i don’t want to comment on it… or i will end up throwing my lovely keyboard against the wall -_-

Yes, you possibly could but they must be doing one mistake after another. They will just simply outsustain you. Landing burst on these classes is not really hard. But again, it will take too long anyway and you’ll just waste time instead of doing something useful.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

obviously you would be wasting your time, it is not thief job to 1v1 in first place unless they are forced to

my point is you can win vs engi or ele… and no they don’t have to make 10000 mistakes for it, you just have to play perfectly as thief

All is Vain~

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

^ that was my point, you may only have a 5% chance on thief to get the kill each attempt but if you don’t over extend and are patient enough eventually the enemy will make that mistake or 2 (of course if you do press too hard you can end up dead pretty quickly). As we all know in a real match this is a huge waste of time for the thief and a win for the enemy as they will likely have held the cap the whole time so it doesn’t really even matter.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

obviously you would be wasting your time, it is not thief job to 1v1 in first place unless they are forced to

my point is you can win vs engi or ele… and no they don’t have to make 10000 mistakes for it, you just have to play perfectly as thief

I would say even if you play perfectly you might lose if you’re against someone who knows what he’s doing, but everyone can have a different opinion.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Turret engineers that lacked mobility and condi cleansing did well against d/d eles but the recent nerf made it significantly less useful.

If you think eles are powerful now, just a few months ago it had a healing bug that made it almost unkillable. Even after that correction, the d/d eles still reign supreme. When I ran d/d ele, I found it took more effort to get myself killed than to stay alive. The build is a joke. No thank you. I run fresh air instead.

Btw, you can counter d/d with fresh air’s ranged.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The fact that d/d ele will kill a dps guardian does not mean that it’s not on the same lvl, just saying. Shoutbow will most likely beat a d/d ele in a 1v1, yet they’re on the same level. DPS guard is very forgiving for a zerker spec with its high sustain, lots condition cleanse and crazy dps. Obviously in team fights it’s a bit different but yeah.

I’m not talking about “kill” or “beat”. Ele completely Counters guardians. A good performance in 1 area does not give the class an excuse for being lackluster in another. No other class comes close to being Completely Countered like an Ele and Guardian matchup.

I guess this is one reason why we don’t have 1v1 or duels.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

^ that was my point, you may only have a 5% chance on thief to get the kill each attempt but if you don’t over extend and are patient enough eventually the enemy will make that mistake or 2 (of course if you do press too hard you can end up dead pretty quickly). As we all know in a real match this is a huge waste of time for the thief and a win for the enemy as they will likely have held the cap the whole time so it doesn’t really even matter.

Just jump in and out and chip his hp down. You even get the most op chill in the game to kill eles with.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

just whip out the cc and boon rip. take that stab off and start the ping pong. can’t heal in water when you’re sat on your butt.

(throw mine op)

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: voteforwinners.9576

voteforwinners.9576

IMO Mesmers can finish a d/d ele off, but it takes a while since they dont have a sustained burst, but can kite like hell around the ele. Shattered Concentration is a nice trait because of the boon rip, you can try the mtd-shatter build
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Condi_Shatter

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

I find consistent confusion/poison works wonders, My two mains are Thief and Mesmer and each classes is good at spamming at least one of those condi’s pretty much all the time. Since in Spvp at least lots of D/D ele’s rely off of sustain and regen taking that away (or boon stripping/stealing their might stacks) will cripple on pretty fast.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Condi mesmer……………just wait for them to peel off your first set of condi’s then reapply. A DD ele will have to be very very good to deal with a mediocre condi mesmer.

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Disables and confusion(after they swap out of water).

d/d ele counter?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Hambow also wrecks them pretty badly. They only have 1 stun break on a 75s cool down.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.