in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

daily profession win no more pls

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’d be happy in a rework for them, either one of these:
- Win 1 game as Heavy / Medium / Light (2 of these would replace current professions)
- Win 2 games with 2 different professions (rewards 4 PvP Tonics)

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I think it would be much better to get rid of it. They could completely rework it to ‘Win 3 games on any profession in any queue.’ Which would make people actually care about the game and reduce class stacking, too.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I think it would be much better to get rid of it. They could completely rework it to ‘Win 3 games on any profession in any queue.’ Which would make people actually care about the game and reduce class stacking, too.

+1, quoted for truth.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

Since the idea is to encourage players to play professions they normally don’t, why not have it based off their least played professions stats?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It needs to be gone. The issue is with matchmaking. For example, someone typically plays their main and does fairly well. For the daily they play a class they are not good at. They are then matched with people who are way better than them.

It is just a horrible example of the matchmaking system.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Since the idea is to encourage players to play professions they normally don’t, why not have it based off their least played professions stats?

If they wanted to stick to that idea, something better would be to have:
‘One win on one profession’
‘One win on an alternate profession’

People may then only pick 2 professions to play with but then it becomes what does ANet want. Do they think its getting people to play different professions? Because atm it feels like they want me to play professions I don’t like.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If they wanted to stick to that idea, something better would be to have:
‘One win on one profession’
‘One win on an alternate profession’

People may then only pick 2 professions to play with but then it becomes what does ANet want. Do they think its getting people to play different professions? Because atm it feels like they want me to play professions I don’t like.

The whole idea is wrong, though. It’s not ok they’re forcing on people to play something they’re not experienced with. As it could work in an ideal world, in real world it will always fail because people will be joining ranked queue on classes they’re not familiar with. While it would most probably remove the class stacking, the problem of people playing something they don’t know in ranked queues would still linger on.

If I’m a play who wants to get better and have a deeper knowledge about the game and all classes as it helps with playing my main more effectivelly, I will go and try different specs in unranked queue/duels/hotjoin. This has to come from a player, not from Anet pursuing multiclassing. It only brings some sort of grind to the game, doing something I don’t really want to in order to gain some rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

It needs to be gone. The issue is with matchmaking. For example, someone typically plays their main and does fairly well. For the daily they play a class they are not good at. They are then matched with people who are way better than them.

No, it’s worse than that. Because then the system thinks, “hey, this player is super good, they can carry these other guys not as good”. So they get marked as the good player on Team B, Team A gets a good player playing their normal class, meaning Team B has almost zero chance of success because they are horribly imbalanced from the start.

I’d say we need to enable the profession-based MMR, except whoops, it was turned off in part so people could switch because the system kept throwing together 3 rangers on a team on ranger day.

(edited by wwwes.1398)

in PvP

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

No, it’s worse than that. Because then the system thinks, “hey, this player is super good, they can carry these other guys not as good”. So they get marked as the good player on Team B and Team A gets a good player playing their normal class, and Team B has zero chance of success.

IIRC, the professions have different MMRs only slightly affected by a core MMR for the player. So they should not me matched the same as their main.

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

it’s not only daily profession problem , there are other things plus daily win that make spvp no fun , boring and without reason: class stacking no work and it’s since september… matchmaking is soo bad… solo+team ranked queue (kitten logic)… they don’t want to do a simply thing like “the match will start only when all the players press ready , and after 2 minutes if someone don’t click it he is replace” and in the end the worst ladder ever….

but arenanet don’t give a kitten about this things (and the player base asked it for years/months) , they treat us like a monkeys betatesters after 2+ years… and then they want to know why esl tournaments have soo few viewers…. in 2+ years they can’t even insert the possibility to view in game the tournament ( in gw1 we can watch gvg… but in gw2 we can’t see important spvp match….)

spvp at the moment it’s only a different place for farming pve stuff and achievement…

ty anet

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

spvp at the moment it’s only a different place for farming pve stuff and achievement…
ty anet

It’s really sad that they allow farm “servers” to exist and be so high profitable

Now ontopic, instead of removing the dailies, they could randomly select the 2 professions for each player, so players need to win with different professions. It will somewhat lessen the stacking effect and make matchmaking easier.

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

ty anet
http://i.imgur.com/jLFiIUQ.jpg
soo much fun

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

No, it’s worse than that. Because then the system thinks, “hey, this player is super good, they can carry these other guys not as good”. So they get marked as the good player on Team B and Team A gets a good player playing their normal class, and Team B has zero chance of success.

IIRC, the professions have different MMRs only slightly affected by a core MMR for the player. So they should not me matched the same as their main.

No, they have the capability to use profession-based MMR, they turned it off because people needed to be able to switch classes when the team balance was off. Which was, in turn, deemed necessary because of…. the profession dailies.

in PvP

Posted by: Kurse.1540

Kurse.1540

Today’s daily Engineer + guardian. https://gyazo.com/d212326077df69ecfca54189648fb881

in PvP

Posted by: Wakko.2078

Wakko.2078

sorry for the necro post but … remove profession win … this is just the worst idea for any ranked and unranked match.
having more than half the game being thief just cause thief is daily … yeah you can tell just by looking at how they play it. When they score 0, don’t anticap nor stealth dead nor rez, nor finish.

in PvP

Posted by: bahoru.7308

bahoru.7308

does anyone have statistics of how often each profession was in daily?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

There you can see the dailies for the next 2 months. And by quick count engineer, guardian and thief will be 11 or 12 times for the next 2 months and mesmer and necro 4 each.

in PvP

Posted by: Bysvyken.6235

Bysvyken.6235

From what I understand, the profession win order was randomly seeded for a certain amount of weeks. This rotation of the dailies then simply repeats whenever it runs out; so if the initial rotation was biased then it will remain biased until they eventually change it.

I would love to see ANet change these to something more like “Win a PvP match as 2 different professions”, as I’ve seen suggested here several times before.

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I was in team with 4 rangers and 1 warrior was the most fun i had in a while we won 500-100 ~ against premade. The rage in chat was real

in PvP

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

I haven’t seen daily necromancer win in almost a month. —F

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Wakko.2078

Wakko.2078

To be honest i just can’t understand why people play ranked match with a profession they don’t know to play. ( Also dunno why but it’s almost always thief and ranger that are out numbering in match).

Just putting a “Win a match” would be way better for the balance of the team in ranked pvp.