daily [profession] winner

in PvP

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

i am SICK of joining a ranked game and having to play with 4 engineers or 4 rangers or 4 WHATEVER which results in losing most of the times. they won’t even swap the class if asked “i am here for the daily”… srsly ?

it would be nice if the achievment was randomized individually for each player.

also playing against a team of 5 rangers is kittening ridiculos and usually ends in steamroll. in that case winning is not even fun / doesn’t feel rewarding.

(edited by Immortal.3647)

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

I am voting to end this thing already.
This is simply absurd.

Change it to something like, “2 or more victory’s with different classes” or something.

in PvP

Posted by: Exodus.6501

Exodus.6501

even with hotjoins… you can EASILY tell which profession is the daily.

Ranger? Get ready for bearbows everywhere
Engi? Hellloooo turrets.

Its not unbearable but it kills the spirit of pvp in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Relic Hellfire.6534

Relic Hellfire.6534

Relic Hellfire
Rank 80 PvP Guardian
The Knights Reaper [TKR]

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Yes, this. I’m not so much against the idea, but the inevitable results.

It screws the queues up by overloading it and forcing bad matches. It makes the team swap/autobalance issue in hotjoin worse.

So what are the benefits? Only thing I can think of is that it encourages people to at least become familiar with other classes – which is a good thing. But maybe can we achieve the same result without the problems that daily profession winner causes?

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Multiple suggestions have been made such as grouping by armor class (scholar, adventurer, soldier) instead of individual professions.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

even with hotjoins… you can EASILY tell which profession is the daily.

Ranger? Get ready for bearbows everywhere
Engi? Hellloooo turrets.

with ranger i dont play with bear
with engy i dont play with full turrets (only tumper and HT)
with guardian i play spirits weapon (for my fun high risk high reward)
with my main class i play ranked arena, without i play hotjoin

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

really, remove that daily already.

and return “play now” button for hotjoin eventually!

(edited by fumcheg.1936)

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Today daily was Warrior/Thief
“Just” got this MU:
http://i.imgur.com/BOxTdiK.png
Yup, 4 engi, 4 ranger (thou only 3 in the same team).

But ofc I support the remove daily-class wins idea, or make it random per person basis, that’s a bit better..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Guess what was the daily?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

i am SICK of joining a ranked game and having to play with 4 engineers or 4 rangers or 4 WHATEVER which results in losing most of the times. they won’t even swap the class if asked “i am here for the daily”… srsly ?

it would be nice if the achievment was randomized individually for each player.

also playing against a team of 5 rangers is kittening ridiculos and usually ends in steamroll. in that case winning is not even fun / doesn’t feel rewarding.

My thoughts exactly. It’s frustrating to no end having to spend hours with a class you don’t play or care about to hopefully get a win. It should have a conditional OR: finish three matches with [profession]. Or just be randomized individually like you said.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’m more uhm… well, unhappy about the fact that not all professions seem to have an equal chance to be part of the daily. According to wiki-research, there’s two PvP class-winner slots. Slot 1 is shared between Guardian, Mesmer, Ranger and Thief; and slot 2 between Elementalist, Engineer, Necromancer and Warrior. So, from december 12th to february 20th, we’ve had the following professions chosen:

Slot 1:
Guardian: 24
Thief: 20
Ranger: 11
Mesmer: 9

Slot 2:
Engineer: 21
Elementalist: 20
Warrior: 15
Necromancer: 8

Looks like RNG is kinda biased here. Although of course it MIGHT equal out in the next year or two or so, but still…

in PvP

Posted by: Selk.1783

Selk.1783

Theses dailies are ruinning game.
Please change theses rules !!!!
Every party is filled with same class, leaving game all the time when team have 100 less point.
It really destroy fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Please understand.
It is too hard for ArenaNet developers to put a random daily pick up for each account separately.
If it was easy, they would do it week after New Daily system update.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

it is simple … let daily only in unranked …

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

no, it’s simple … let daily only in ranked …

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Multiple suggestions have been made such as grouping by armor class (scholar, adventurer, soldier) instead of individual professions.

…or make profession dailies randomised per account and not rotating globally for everyone.

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

today is one of those days again. one of those days where i have to completetly avoid playing PVP because TURRET ENGINEERS EVERYWHERE. i would LOVE to have some mixed gameplay but turret engineer in everymatch, at least 2 per team, AT LEAST, IF NOT MORE.

PLS ANET CONSIDER RANDOMIZING THE ‘DAILY PROFESSION WINNER’ FOR EACH PLAYER INDIVIDUALLY

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

+1 I keep getting matches full of people who really don’t know how to play a particular class and getting crushed.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This has my vote in regards to pvp being in a state of distaste.

I join un-ranked expecting a normal team but what do I get? Usually 3 guardians for example due to it being national BRING YOUR GUARDIAN IN PVP DAY just for the daily.

It is off-putting and extremely boring knowing that other guard is probz just another bunker/never dying heavy build. Uhg.

I feel ANet has made a huge mistake by making this a thing. It should be changed to “win 2-3 games with any profession”.

I’m over being put with 2-3 rangers pew pewing. It’s stale. Lame.

EDIT: for more specific regarding build above.

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

…or make profession dailies randomised per account and not rotating globally for everyone.

That wouldn’t help much. Instead of 3-4 people of the same class who don’t know how to play these class you would have 3-4 people of different classes who don’t know how to play these classes.