daily skyhammer rage thread

in PvP

Posted by: renegade.4851

renegade.4851

I’ll try to make these on a daily basis untill skyhammer finally gets removed from the rotation.
It is a horrible horrible design and everyone except a few trolls HATE IT.

~best regards,
some1 who’s kittened

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

+1.

Allie posted that the love/hate for skyhammer is 50/50. even if we believe this. which other map is hated by 50% of the community?

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

cba switching to engi, disturbs my champ shadow process =(

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

+1
can’t see skyhammer anymore… gl fighting engi/necro on tiny plaform with holes and no room for dodges due to huge aoe spam

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

just bring a warrior!

oh wait..

in PvP

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

if i could give this thread a thousand 1’s i wouldn’t. I’d give it 5 million. skyhammer is literally the worst thing that has ever happened to pvp. ever. of all time. i would be all the in game gold i have that i have died 90% of the time to either falling due to immob or knocked off, or the skyhammer shooting me in the fancy parts. normally im a little more calm about things like this that i dont agree with…but there is not one person that enjoys skyhammer. yes thats a blanket statement, and yes its true. anybody that refutes the point that skyhammer is worse than babysitting a t-rex that just got kicked in the junk is just trolling. there is ZERO places to fight without either falling or passively being shot up toward jezus, this map is the official “take a break for a few minutes…grab some food, drinks, and hop on imgur/tumblr till its over” map. it makes me hate myself. on the inside. GET RID OF IT

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

anet is too proud to give in.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Removing the disappearing blue platforms would help already.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

It’s been the worst map from the start. It was abused by countless of people who got milions of glory and now they were able to generate all that glory into gold. Just like back then a dam thing didn’t happen against those abusers don’t expect anything to happen against this. We have been asking for months now to remove this abomination of a map, there was even a straw poll indicating that 80% of the entire community hated it but hey, according to the devs it’s 50/50 right ?

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

+1 keep it like that my friend!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I like Skyhammer…

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I thought someone was doing an ingame survey to disprove the “50/50” love/hate for skyhammer already?

in PvP

Amaterasu.6280

Nothin like waiting 10 mins for Q pop just to get skyhammer vs decap engis and warriors.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet loves Skyhammer. Look at the EoTM map, it’s basically the same idea.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

i think they should make LS out of it…like vote for KIel/Gnash

All is Vain~

in PvP

Swagginator.3246

i think they should make Living Story out of it…like vote for Kiel/Gnash

YES, DEVS, THIS!

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Last night somehow the game decided that it would be an ace idea to put me ingame in solo queue with a bunch of unranked (me being 47 at the time) and I went on debunk engi which I never played before. I got 17 kills on my own because my team had 1 afk and 2 guys that kept running in against 2 burst guardians on close dieing all the time, a mesmer dieing on cannon. All my kills were from spammy knockbacks that got lucky and pushed people off the map. We lost the game but I stood at 220 points with the second best player being the mesmer at 70 points.
No words…

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Heh, I just got 13 kills just by standing at the cannon as a Necro and fearing people off. The enemy team didnt have a warrior, so it was easymode Corrupting the Stability and chainfearing with Doom+Fearwall+Reaper’s Mark.
Needless to say, even though I had the cannon for the whole game we still lost because the people in my team preferred to pew pew from the top ledges of the point while the guy inside decapped and, eventually, capped the point.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Cynz.9437

i made some engi say “You can have it” (talking about hammer)…after yanking him into hole 10~ times in a row… skill map yo, i don’t do anything but sit at hammer the entire match and pull ppl into hole from stealth zzzz

this is not kind of pvp i started to play this game for

remove this map +1

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

no! I love skyhammer. Will quit gw2 if you remove it. QQ all day errday!

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

in PvP

Posted by: klassik.7965

klassik.7965

Skyhammer sucks because the Wurms are invulnerable. If they were not, u could do amazing PvE Event.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

They should put all the banned players in it. They don’t have access to any other part of the game, just Skyhammer. Always Skyhammer! >:)

in PvP

Posted by: twity.4732

twity.4732

i am trying to sign this but i need 15 characters so… /signed

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I recently made the mistake of doing SoloQ again after the TeamQ didn’t pop.

I ended up in Skyhammer and rage-quit the map after about 30 seconds.

A harsh reminder of why I avoid SoloQ and an even harsher reminder just how bad sPvP is in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Skyhammer is fun, but really should be hotjoin only.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

I personally think Skyhammer is the best map in the game. Worst map IMO is raid on the capricorn, can’t stand water combat so I never even bother going to ruins.

I honestly haven’t died on Skyhammer by falling off that many times, and I have killed quite a few people with my mesmer knocking them off, but nowhere near as much as normal kills.

I find it annoying that Skyhammer and Spirit Watch are not in team arena, although I rarely play team to be honest.

Honestly don’t know why Skyhammer gets so much hate.

in PvP

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I personally think Skyhammer is the best map in the game. Worst map IMO is raid on the capricorn, can’t stand water combat so I never even bother going to ruins.

I honestly haven’t died on Skyhammer by falling off that many times, and I have killed quite a few people with my mesmer knocking them off, but nowhere near as much as normal kills.

I find it annoying that Skyhammer and Spirit Watch are not in team arena, although I rarely play team to be honest.

It’s because so many people don’t want the “pressure” of getting pinged off the edge by a Hammer Guardian/GS Mesmer/LB Ranger etc. People just don’t want to be aware of their surroundings and will dish out any argument against the map that they can think of.

Getting knocked off the edge is a mechanic that people need to learn to adapt to in order to prevent, rather than flaming and abusing those that cleverly take advantage of it.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

It’s because so many people don’t want the “pressure” of getting pinged off the edge by a Hammer Guardian/GS Mesmer/LB Ranger etc. People just don’t want to be aware of their surroundings and will dish out any argument against the map that they can think of.

Getting knocked off the edge is a mechanic that people need to learn to adapt to in order to prevent, rather than flaming and abusing those that cleverly take advantage of it.

Exactly! People rage about being knocked off map, but being locked down by a hambow warrior, or constantly back-stabbed by thief is much more annoying.

I guess warrior’s don’t like having to play smart and be aware of what’s going on, they too used to going in, spamming hammer then retreating back to fire bow and repeat.

in PvP

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

I agree with those who enjoy Skyhammer, it’s probably my favorite SPvP map. There needs to be variations in maps. I like that certain maps will work better with certain builds. As others have said, players need to be more attentive to positioning and learn how to dodge roll more effectively.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Skyhammer has literally put nothing but bad experiences in the game.

I mean really, people abused sky hammer to farm glory points for 1-2 months before they decided to “fix it”. Virtually every tournament player hates sky hammer, are there any positives to this map?

in PvP

IIvIIozzie.9250

Saying: “Skyhammer has literally put nothing but bad experiences in the game.” Is meaningless unless you give some real examples, not just the farming glory episode. You can say something sucks all day long, it isn’t going to be considered worthwhile criticism.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Skyhammer is an absolute gimmick of a map that has no business being in a ranked queue.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

IIvIIozzie.9250

Infantry, I’ll tell you the same thing, put some thought into the posts otherwise it’s pointless to bother writing them. Every PvP map has a “gimmick”, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it should be removed.

in PvP

Amaterasu.6280

All they need to do is 2 things and skyhammer will be MUCH better:

1 – Make hammer dodgeable
2 – Make platforms break a few seconds later so gimmick stuff like pulls and immobs won’t automatically kill you.

I have no problem falling off a cliff because that actually requires poor positioning to do so, but platforms need to go.

When people change their builds + utilities JUST for 1 objective of the map (to pull people into platforms or to troll at the hammer) it is a big problem. A map’s gimmicks should never dictate builds.

You don’t see people change utilities just to fight Forest NPCS, you don’t see people use builds just to solo lord.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Infantry, I’ll tell you the same thing, put some thought into the posts otherwise it’s pointless to bother writing them. Every PvP map has a “gimmick”, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it should be removed.

Yknow what does mean it should be removed? When the majority of the community doesn’t like it.

You might think this map is fun until you play it in high ranked pvp where everyone is running the trolliest kitten possible such as Skyhammer Engineer, Scorpion Wire Thieves, GS/Hammer Guardians. Oh, and Nullfield Focus Mesmers… those are fun too.

It’s really kittening fun walking into the hammer room to have your stability instantly stripped, stunned, and be pulled into glass panel by a stealthed mesmer after which you fall instantly to your death and your team has to fight 4v5 against a giant undodgeable cannon capable of almost one shotting every single person on your team. That’s really kittening fun.

This map is a disaster, and the majority of the community agrees on that.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Also I can think of no other map where when the queue pops you think to yourself: Oh, my class/build sucks at this map, I guess I have to reroll a different build/class

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

IIvIIozzie.9250

I’ll agree that I think the hammer needs to dodgeable but I disagree with changes to platforms. It’s not always so easy to knock players off of the map, it requires the right timing and positioning. I’ve played skyhammer a lot and even when I’m running something that is more susceptible to getting knocked off the edge it happens pretty infrequently.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

+1.

Allie posted that the love/hate for skyhammer is 50/50. even if we believe this. which other map is hated by 50% of the community?

Lol. I seriously doubt anyone would think it was 50%. Unless, they count the ANET team as 1000 each. Then maybe it is a good split.

in PvP

style.6173

If you don’t realize that this map is over the top bad, then maybe YOU should think about why so many people dislike it.

in PvP

style.6173

anet is too proud to give in.

I think they are worried. Let’s be honest, their 3 newest maps, spirit watch, skyhammer, and eotm in wvw are all focused around gimmcks vs good gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

support this OP

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Pve and WvWvWers that casually come to hotjoin spvp like it. People who solo queue all the time hate it.

Take it out of solo queue.

It’s that simple.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I agree with those who enjoy Skyhammer, it’s probably my favorite SPvP map. There needs to be variations in maps. I like that certain maps will work better with certain builds. As others have said, players need to be more attentive to positioning and learn how to dodge roll more effectively.

yeah gl dodoging anything while tiny hammer plaform has 2 holes and covered in aoe that is bigger than that platform… and trust me an engi has more knockbacks/pulls than you have dodges + gl dodging my scrop wire while i am using it from stealth

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I’m sorry but playing my fear necro on Skyhammer has proved absolutely hilarious…….but it needs to go

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

I’m sorry but playing my fear necro on Skyhammer has proved absolutely hilarious…….but it needs to go

THIS.

Fear is absolutely insane in this map!

in PvP

Swagginator.3246

Exactly! People rage about being knocked off map, but being locked down by a hambow warrior, or constantly back-stabbed by thief is much more annoying.

I guess warrior’s don’t like having to play smart and be aware of what’s going on, they too used to going in, spamming hammer then retreating back to fire bow and repeat.

claiming being killed back-stabbed or hambow warrior AKA “normal way” is much more annoying than a skill knock off to instant kill some1…. just…. what the hell is the word… the-i-like-ez-mode-cuz-i-don-know-why-my-settleramulet-is-not-working-with-my-gswarrior.

it has given people who has read the pulls/push skills a way to kill people when they couldn’t do it so often just by fighting, IMO the ones who are happy about it are these people. satisfaction that you made someone die without any effort whatsoever, you have the wrong idea of what real satisfaction is IMO.

(edited by Swagginator.3246)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Saying: “Skyhammer has literally put nothing but bad experiences in the game.” Is meaningless unless you give some real examples, not just the farming glory episode. You can say something sucks all day long, it isn’t going to be considered worthwhile criticism.

Actually people have posted extensive, considered criticism of why this map is bad. There has been thread after thread for months on this topic. People don’t like it for various reasons, but the fundamental one is this:

From launch community feedback about spvp conquest has generally advocated bigger nodes, stopping the chance to be one shot, more allowance for counter play, a more diverse option for builds. We got the exact opposite of this with skyhammer.

The cheese we got is acceptable in hotjoin I guess, but as we can’t opt out of solo queue once it pops it is very frustrating for the many people who hate the map.

As for the “bad experiences”, I totally agree. New game features are meant to draw people in, get people wanting to play more. Instead SH brought a glory farming exploit and most of the spvp community hating it and making many either quit the game, afk if SH pops, stop doing solo queue (or get upset when they do decide to SQ and get SH), and endless rage threads on the forum.

That is all bad for the game, and many people on the forum, despite our whining, actually really like the game and despair when we see something that is so damaging to the game.

To put it in perspective, an example of a great new feature was the temple map. Wow, that is still one of my favs. It brought none of the above “bad experiences” to the game, and was and still is well liked by the community in general.

Also people are not asking for much. They are just asking please take our overwhelming feedback seriously- ie don’t put it on the same level (or lower) as some people you “talked with”- and just take it out of SQ until it is modified or we get an option to drop out of SQ once we see what map has popped (or some such feature).

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Sure, Skyhammer seemed like a great idea at the time.

Well, so did asbestos.

And It wouldn’t be surprised if Skyhammer causes me to become terminally ill as well.

\o/

in PvP

Swagginator.3246

i love temple,

eff 15 characters..

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Worst map in history of gaming