Darknicrofia.2604

will remove 1 condition every second with 1 second ICD at health above 75% HP

lol what a joke…

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

diamond skin's so called "nerf"

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t really feel that functionality fits with the earth line, but that’s sort of beside the point.

I’m not sure how they see this as a ‘nerf.’ If anything, this makes it a stronger, potentially more useful, passive. So, I guess it will depend on what other defensive adjustments are being made to the class.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It is significantly stronger, investing a lot of healing into keeping above 90% HP was very taxing. Now I can safely lose 4,000 health instead of 1000.

Plus a condition every second? Holy dwayna Guild Wars 2, your power creep is just insane when you need to remove a condition every second.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Source?

/15char

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Twitch

Balance preview stream today

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Anyone summarized it? Hate having to watch hour+ streams and wait through their painfully boring banter to get to what I want.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Dulfy will prob have a summary in a bit (she usually does).

…and there it is

http://dulfy.net/2016/01/15/gw2-balance-preview-livestream-notes/

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

More like a buff… wtf

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Well, i won’t mind it given Necro’s scepter aa converts one boon every attack and corrupt boons on 15s cd now.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

It’s a big nerf. Now Reaper can condi bomb the Ele right away with 5+ conditions. As a Reaper, I can easily put in 2000 burn tick, 2000 poison tick, chill and other stuffs. Most of the skills apply more than 1 conditions.

That doesnt even count the corrupt boons buff and Scepter auto attack converts boons.

Reaper will be a hard counter to Ele next patch.

P.S: and that doesn’t even count the removal of Celestial amulet. Ele is done for next patch, so stop the QQ lol

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

There’s 13 different conditions available that an Ele won’t be immune to any longer. This will hurt the offensive capability of builds with a narrow availability of condition types. Though this will help builds with a wider array of conditions or from multiple attackers with dissimilar condition availability.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

P.S: and that doesn’t even count the removal of Celestial amulet. Ele is done for next patch, so stop the QQ lol

Yeah I noted the celestial removal and sighed.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It’s a big nerf. Now Reaper can condi bomb the Ele right away with 5+ conditions. As a Reaper, I can easily put in 2000 burn tick, 2000 poison tick, chill and other stuffs. Most of the skills apply more than 1 conditions.

That doesnt even count the corrupt boons buff and Scepter auto attack converts boons.

Removing the celestial amulet also hurts Reapers as well as every bunker.

Once again the meta will shift into a very speedy, bursty meta that focuses around the battle of invincibility cooldowns.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

There’s 13 different conditions available that an Ele won’t be immune to any longer. This will hurt the offensive capability of builds with a narrow availability of condition types. Though this will help builds with a wider array of conditions or from multiple attackers with dissimilar condition availability.

Chill will wreck Ele hard (now that the Alacrity counter for chill is also nerfed).

I warned about this before haha. Ele was pigeonholed into bunker because the lack of stats (lowest HP + armor) and lack of active meaningful defense on weapons. Fire Aura on focus as a defensive skill??!? People will keep attacking you like nothing happens.

Glass Ele is too team dependent. It dies instantly to focus fire as soon as the long cooldown Invul goes away. Look at the buff for Thief. It will make sure Glass Ele will be non existent next meta.

People have been complaining about Bunker Ele, so Glass Ele never got the right buff (Arcane/Glyph?). Now that the bunker build gets nerfed hard, I wonder if ANet ever tests how it would work out for Ele? xD

My next few weeks will be spent dueling with Thief. The goal is to learn how to survive long enough so my team can come and rez me xD.

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

Well, Elementalist seems to be done, I’ll make a try next season but I’ll probably quit this game. Good Bye Anet.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Removing the celestial amulet also hurts Reapers as well as every bunker.

Once again the meta will shift into a very speedy, bursty meta that focuses around the battle of invincibility cooldowns.

Lol. Reaper doesn’t need Cele anymore now that Ele is gone. Pop shroud and kill everyone with your Carrion.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Well, i won’t mind it given Necro’s scepter aa converts one boon every attack and corrupt boons on 15s cd now.

It converts one boon at the end of the chain. So every 3 attacks.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

The third strike in the scepter attack chain corrupts, not all auto attacks corrupt.

in PvP

MyPuppy.8970

Well, that’s still potentially 3 condis per aa… so i don’t really see how the new diamond skin is outrageous.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

This is a load of crap, so ele gets all of it’s defense nerfed, while reaper/necro gets buffed and nothing is done about eles total lack of stability and nothing was done about the all the chills and condi necro has access too. Wtf?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Well, that’s still potentially 3 condis per aa… so i don’t really see how the new diamond skin is outrageous.

Excluding the boon corrupt, it’s only applying 3 stacks of bleed and 1 stack of poison for the full 3 attack chain. That’s not anywhere near as much condi damage as people are making it out to be.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Anyone who thinks this doesn’t kill earth line doesn’t play ele. 1 Condi per second over 75% means you’re Condi bombed and under 60% now in 3 seconds max. Time to make a new build, or a Rev.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Question for the eles. Sage and menders won’t give you guys most of what you need?

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Let’s be fair here, since launch how long has the Ele been in the meta? After 3 years I think we can safely say, as a profession, it’s been in the limelight more than any other.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Not so much “diamond” skin anymore

in PvP

MyPuppy.8970

I personnaly feel more comfortable with some toughness since we have the lowest armor, and no defensive mechanic.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

No Cele amulet + this change = dead ele. Unless Anet have more changes (which I doubt).

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Typical over reaction from the ele players.

Remember how tempest was the worst elite ever?? How’d that turn out? June 23rd patch? Again how’d that turn out? In fact how about release when ele was “Oh so under powered”? I’ll answer how that turned out…DD ele build got discovered.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

This is not release. People know the game, now.

And the problem with Tempest was the WARHORN SUCKED. It still does btw. They buffed the overloads enough to make them useful (except maybe water), and they added the main PvP Tempest trait in after the beta without any feedback.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Typical over reaction from the ele players.

Remember how tempest was the worst elite ever?? How’d that turn out? June 23rd patch? Again how’d that turn out? In fact how about release when ele was “Oh so under powered”? I’ll answer how that turned out…DD ele build got discovered.

Tempest is still one of the worst Elites. Remember what Ele was before Tempest. It’s Bunker. Remember what Ele was after the patch? It’s even more Bunker.

People said it’s the worst Elite not because it’s bad, but because it offers no new playstyle, while pigeonholed Ele even further into Bunker. People saw the nerf coming for Bunker Ele and wanted a more balanced class.

It’s a freaking Tempest, the focus should be on damage and CC, not bunking. Defense should be built into weapon set instead of putting all the eggs in the Traits/utilities basket. Ele was forced to go Arcana/Water/Cantrips before because if they didn’t take those, they would die in a few seconds. Ele was forced to take Tempest and DS because they would also die in a few seconds otherwise.

The build diversity of Ele is terrible, and Tempest added nothing to it, only made it even worse. That’s why it was rated one of the worst Elite spec at launch.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Well, Elementalist seems to be done, I’ll make a try next season but I’ll probably quit this game. Good Bye Anet.

no tears for you, ele has been top of the meta for so long, good riddance.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

will remove 1 condition every second with 1 second ICD at health above 75% HP

lol what a joke…

well kitten i hope they nerf my professions like that too

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Eles will never be above 75% health.

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Eles will never be above 75% health.

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner. No ele will run DS in PvP again, it’s the removal of an elite nothing more. Stoneheart is the only semi viable earth elite now.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

no tears for you, ele has been top of the meta for so long, good riddance.

So what? “oh It’s ok, let them kick us out of the game, we still can play unranked”

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I’m surprised people still qq at this. With the removal of cele ammy and diamond skin not providing immunity, auramancers are basically dead. We will have to trait condi cleanse in water now which makes us provide much less support as compared to before. Not to mention aura duration nerf.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Great change for pvp
but I’ll miss the immunities in pve. being able to walk through condi fields and such and remain out of combat was really nice

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Question for the eles. Sage and menders won’t give you guys most of what you need?

mender’s + the new fresh air
this may work

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

No bunker amulets, Diamond skin less useful vs Condi Burst.

Ele is 100% Dead.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

It seems Anet don’t understand their professions at all.

Elementalist/Tempest does not need more condition clear, what they need is a decent damage to justify the low health pool or the latter to be buffed so it won’t keep constantly dying in less than 5 seconds after the DS is broken due to conditions ticking for 2k each.

Scrap Diamond Skin, condition cleanse has absolutely nothing to do with earth traitline. Make something else, idk anything is better than that even a trait only for conjure earth shield.

Also, I’d change Soothing Power to make it similar to Force of Will if there won’t be any changes to the base health.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I don’t think it’s a really a nerf in lots situations, but I think it’s not really an issue. Not like you will see any eles in pvp after the changes go live. Their role was based on cele amulet and they can’t really give anything else to the team. Burst spec still not viable. Remember the times before they buffed cele? Those were the times when you tried to convince every ele on your team to switch to something else not completely useless. Seems like we’re heading that way again.