does GW2 have matchmaking?

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Is this really how i am supposed to carry?

Attachments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

(edited by Bart Weird.9671)

in PvP

Posted by: Leothen.7421

Leothen.7421

sadly this is the state of matchmaking, for the sake of mmr magic lets go by numbers, say 10 is the highest, 1 the lowest. if you are facing a 6, 6, 6, 8, 8 team and you are a 10 you will get 3, 3, 6, 6 as your teammates. this is how the matchmaking system balances.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

achievement points = PvP skills

lol

in PvP

Leothen.7421

lol

it doesnt but when u got 150 and the rest of your team has 30…. its obv the rest of your team cant 1v1 anyone or rotate or any of the basics

but i think ops point is matchmaking does put 1 better player with multiple worse players agasint a team of average players

edit: my bad i thot he was talking about in game points which also dont mean anything

(edited by Leothen.7421)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

lol

No, but it shows how much someone spends on the game. Obviously high achievements doesn’t mean you’re good at the game pvp wise, you could get it all from pve. On the other hand, you can assume someone who has 150 AP won’t have any clue about the game unless it’s a alt account since you get tons AP from pvp, too. I have even more than this on my alt accounts and all I do is pvp there and I haven’t really spent much game time on that account, so yes you can assume these players are clueless.

in PvP

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The matchmaking seems very unbalanced. I will be on a team, and myself and the others on my team have a similar amount of points, but the opposing team are always better, so I seem to be on the losing side 80% of the time, as it seems to be those not so experienced at PVP against more experienced players.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

The matchmaking seems very unbalanced. I will be on a team, and myself and the others on my team have a similar amount of points, but the opposing team are always better, so I seem to be on the losing side 80% of the time, as it seems to be those not so experienced at PVP against more experienced players.

Points you get in pvp says completely nothing about your experience, but yeah matchmaking is pretty bad at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

The main problem with matchmaking in GW2 is that as you improve your MMR instead of fighting with and against better players, you play with worse teammates against the same players.

in PvP

Leothen.7421

The main problem with matchmaking in GW2 is that as you improve your MMR instead of fighting with and against better players, you play with worse teammates against the same players.

This.

in PvP

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

THIS.

And about unpunished win streaks… After today 14-6 Stronghold I played like 7 Conquest maps with all solo players against well coordinated premades, most of games was lost after first minute… I think game thought that I’m pro and could carry anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Last few days seemed even worse than before. I was even getting first-time PvPers in my team and got pitted against full guild teams during the Stronghold beta. I think I’ll be staying out of PvP again, until a proper soloqueue and/or MMR are implemented.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

More than likely old players with new additional accounts. Nothing to see here…..

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

More than likely old players with new additional accounts. Nothing to see here…..

I’m absolutely sure there is more new players and players with alt accounts. Yes, alt accounts are a thing, they still shouldn’t be matched with experienced people.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

lol

No, but it shows how much someone spends on the game. Obviously high achievements doesn’t mean you’re good at the game pvp wise, you could get it all from pve. On the other hand, you can assume someone who has 150 AP won’t have any clue about the game unless it’s a alt account since you get tons AP from pvp, too. I have even more than this on my alt accounts and all I do is pvp there and I haven’t really spent much game time on that account, so yes you can assume these players are clueless.

there is something called alt accounts. I am not disputing the possibility that he is a new player but I am saying there is a possibility said player isn’t new either.

Then again, maybe you were playing against a better team?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

lol

there is something called alt accounts, go look up what ALT means. I am not disputing the possibility that he is a new player but I am saying there is a possibility said player isn’t new either.

10 dollar accounts are cheap.

Or maybe you read before you post, I even mentioned alt accounts in my original post, stop trying to be a smartkitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

I know how you feel. I was getting home in a match when i see a thief with a Champion Shadow title (500 matches won as thief), i mean, he had more matches won as thief than i have played total, what was my chances playing against it, after a few seconds i saw his guildmate with the same title but the necromancer one, match was like 500 to 180.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

To be honest, I don’t know wtf is going on today’s match making. I usually have an above 50% win rate. Yesterday I went 70% for 10 matches. Now today, it’s utter blowouts and losses. I’m at 8 losses in a row as if the game’s match making decided “screw you” today. Completely abnormal and makes playing feel horrible. I’m looking at my GW2score record and there’s certainly a pattern of win, win, win, DIE! DIE! and then cycles. Maybe it’s whom I’m matched with, I don’t know.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

And now a 4v5….. another 3 points down.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

I don’t bother to fight topteams or any other premades but people should at least know the gamemode and be able to write/respond. The guys in my party were already overwhelmed by walking out of the gate.

I would love to have some tutorial for them to know what they have to do instead of leaving a point half capped. Hotjoin isn’t the solution.
Also new accounts should be excluded from ranked till they hit r30 so they actually get used to spvp first, this would also prevent people from smurfing.

I don’t know, I think the chinese client has some entry barrier like this.
It’s not fun for me and not for thm eather.

Why not just pair people with same mmr together instead of mixing them up through the whole leaderboard and beyond?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Game is a joke i’d love to see the devs solo queue for a long period and see them get rocked by full premades

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It does this to try and keep your win rate around 50%, and stop groups of good players from stomping noobs when there aren’t many people online.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It doesn’t. Matchmaking is RNG even if they “perfect” it. But the fact that they match you with low achievement players who are most likely not smurfs, then it’s an even bigger problem.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Superform.1067

Superform.1067

i have been having these same problems in the last couple of days – i think anet is trolling me – i’m going to put the game down for a week and go diving – hopefully i dont feel the need to come back after my holidays