done with rated pvp. downed glitch

in PvP

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

played a game today…was my last game til ruby. been legendary every season since season 1. anyways i go far from the start and i down this necro easy…he proceeds to glitch out, and float off point all the while STILL taking the point even though im on it. so i go to him and try to stomp…i cant…i try to run way out of his range….cant stop his downed 1 attack that heals him and hurts me..i get downed. i vengeance try to stomp, still no go. he rezzes. guardian comes. same thing..downed him he gets glitched yet again..and point is still his even though hes floated off point. gg. with 2 people out it snowballed us and we were staggered from the start..we wind up losing the game only by 15 points…if i would have taken the point we would have won. im totally done with the game. losing a rated because of a glitched game mechanic. unacceptable. ive played many mmos and never have had this issue. ty all for all the fun ive had in guild wars but im another player that has uninstalled..have fun all.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You need to use locations based skills. So on war, fire a ranged projectile, or hit GS5. GS will make you run and stop wherever his true location is. At that point you can hundred blades him, or the stomp option should come up.

But yes, its the sort of thing that needs hot fixing because it decides matches. Pull all your resources off PvE, hire a new team if you have to, get it fixed. Hand out bonuses if it’s done within 24 hours. That sort of thing.

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

That floating downstate bug needs to be fixed. But for now, just know that they aren’t floating away. If you stay at exactly where they went downstate in the first place, you can continue to damage them, and stomp them. The mistake people make is assuming they should chase after floating downstate players.

Again it’s a very annoying issue that Anet should fix asap. But don’t chase after them, just stay where they went downstate and proceed to stomp or damage as usual.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It is not just floating downstate. It affects all CCs. 100% guaranteed to happen: basi venom → steal on target → gl landing backstab because target is floating somewhere, i know he is still on same spot but backstab doesn’t register because game ports target bit behind where it was before. Got me killed so many times now.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

But for now, just know that they aren’t floating away. If you stay at exactly where they went downstate in the first place, you can continue to damage them, and stomp them. The mistake people make is assuming they should chase after floating downstate players.

For most cases, you’re right. But today, I had someone sliding across the floor and I had to follow him to continue doing damage. He did not stay at the original downed location. I think the bug is inconsistent in that regard.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes this bug is so annoying please fix this is also related to my res/downing thread there are too many issues with the mechanic right now. For example people resing off of players they didn’t fight.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

i’ve noticed this with allies and enemies. Their corpse will just move quite a distance and I can’t interact with them at all…

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I found my encounter with this bug quite endearing actually. Imagine my surprise when a downed guardian suddenly stands up, still with the downed healthbar mind you, and just sort of takes off running away quite a distance before snapping back and being downed like normally again.

in PvP

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

I’ve seen this quite a few times. A while back there was a bug where you could walk around normally while in the downed state, not sure if this is the same thing but I got a picture of it when it happened to me.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

It’s happening very frequently lately. Tonight I had a match where the bug occurred twice in the same mid fight.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.