anet buffs the ability for smokescale to knock down for no reason
is enforcing a pet damage carry meta
buffs ranger damage

(edited by Poelala.2830)

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Yes yes we know, tempest is weak; every other class is op. Thanks for posting this yet again.

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

Yes yes we know, tempest is weak; every other class is op. Thanks for posting this yet again.

Not at all what this post is about. You seem very salty. Have I farmed you before?

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Not at all what this post is about. You seem very salty. Have I farmed you before?

All I see from you poe is qq about how bad eles are and how good other classes are, is it you being farmed?

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

druid changes

in PvP

Poelala.2830

All I see from you poe is qq about how bad eles are and how good other classes are, is it you being farmed?

never

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Loaded class with an elite spec line focused on healing, done and done
anet is trying to push damage druid with support spec and ancient seeds carry
makes clarion bond unblockable for no reason
allows Signet of the Wild to be unblockable for an entire season
um am I missing the balance aspect of this?\
people complain about pets and how they carry druid’s damage
buffs ranger damage

I don’t think you full realize what a ranger supposed to do:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_

You see , I ask for nerfs too…but on specific aspects of one build

When I ask to nerf wars, I don’t stupidly ask to nerf war dmg or sustain because obviously they’re wars and they’re supposed to be in the thick of battle doing dmg and they need huge sustain for that; I merely asked to reduce a tad the stability uptime and reduce the range of Arc Slice

When I ask to nerf dh, I realize what the profession supposed to do..yeah it’s a freaking paladin archetype, we’ve got it, he will have dmg and whatsmore.
I simply asked again to add a tad more counterplay to traps and pulls, because the situation becomes unbearable when there are multiple dh on a point.

Now we have ..You.
You complain about ranger pets when :

Anet devs 2014 Balance Philosophy
Ranger: High single target DPS. Long range single target damage – should be the best (mesmer comes second). Sustainability through melee evasion and dodging. Sustained melee AoE.
Weakeness: Dealing with boons on enemies – no boon rip. Lack in stun breakers with some builds but it is intentional since you can evade so much. Reliance on pet for maximum efficiency as pet is factored into your damage output. Your damage will be smaller than other classes due to the pet. Pet have issues against high end PvE encounters since they are more of a hindrance than help. AoE at long ranged but it is a trade off with having highest single target DPS at long range

Anet balance patch 2017

Ranger
The ranger will see a variety of changes during this update. Of particular note, we are reducing Grace of the Land’s damage bonus and reworking it so that it’s compatible with all Celestial Avatar abilities and affects ten allies around the druid. We hope this improves the value of a single druid in large-group scenarios. Many pet attacks have had usability and movement enhancements in an effort to improve general damage against moving targets. The greatsword has had a couple of improvements for better damage and pet synergy. Finally, a few underused (and even some meta) utility skills have undergone general quality-of-life improvements.

Do you understand now?
What you complain about are the trademarks of the class and they’re here to stay till the last day of this game..no matter how long you will waste time complaining about it

You complain about smokescale and bristleback?
-They have low/mediocre AA but a reliable F2 burst that can keep up with moving targets on perma swiftness ( due to HoT powercreep ).
Other pets ( like owl-felines, drakes ) have way higher AA and dmg F2 but they’ve been left to rot for years and only now the dev have started to upgrade them with passion.

Sweet child…pets are supposed to dmg, the core pets you can currently walk away from are the UP ones, recognized by Anet and promptly buffed every patch

My Sweet child..smokescale and bristleback are the pet standards which Anet is aiming for…you should embrace yourself for more buffs on pets

(edited by Supreme.3164)

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

P.S : 900+ hrs on ranger, made 2 years ago and left for an while, currently picked up it again ( after losing faith in Anet ability to ever balance ele properly : played ele for 7800 hrs)

-Currently playing power druid : LB-s/w ( favourite build on which I win way more than on meta healing staff bunker)

Actually gave up on ranger before because of cele ele pre June 2015, they then used “druid” to fix many problems of the ranger class

I may be considered biased again and that’s fine and expected..but in no case I should ever be considered a carebear, I will never ask to destroy professions I don’t actually play, I will only always ask to increase by a tad the skill req for certain specs without deleting any of their strengths

(edited by Supreme.3164)

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

<bunch of complaints>

Oh the sweet qq. Pets needs more improvements still. It only took Anet +4 years to actually acknowledge and try to do something about the fact that pets have major issues landing their attacks vs moving targets.

With this last patch it’s been improved, but there’s still more work to do when it comes to this.

To the argument about pets carrying ranger/druid damage – rofl, give it up already, or add all the damage, utility and burst potential back to the ranger himself. Let’s see how you would like that.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Poelala does get farmed though…And complains about every known profession under the sun. I know, because I’m one of those people who farmed him.

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well…he’s right that pets carrying Druid damage. For a spec that is meant to heal a lot and be difficult to kill and provide plenty of support, it sure does hit hard. And most of that damage comes from pets and Ancient Seeds hold you still so you can’t dodge any burst. So, a Druid is meant to support and heal, which means that it should be difficult to kill, but then it has a stun break and full condition cleanse on a 15 second CD and then it can stealth. And then they can pop their short CD pulsing stability, only countered by frequent boon strip/corruption, and never be controlled long enough to take damage. Plus they have excessive evades from S/D and staff (not the only profession guilty of this).

So yeah, hard to kill if they know what they’re doing. But then on top of all this, they have hard hitting, practically passive pets (alliteration no intended). And this is where the problem happens. It’s fine that they can be hard to kill, but hard to kill must come with the consequence of doing crap damage, and that is not happening in the case of Druids. Hell, even Tempests can do some pretty big damage with Overload Air and some well played bursts from Burning Speed, while being fairly hard to kill. But the damage of Tempest is active and easy to avoid, but you can’t avoid pets (exception being Bristleback activated skill which has plenty of counterplay). This is why I suggest that rangers themselves receive a damage buff and pets get nerfed. This makes a Druid’s damage more active so that if they want to do damage, they have to sacrifice using a survivability related skill.

This ties in with so many other professions who have skills that do high damage while also being defensive in nature. Ele’s Burning Speed is actually one It evades and does good damage for how fast it acts and how low the CD is. Scrappers are also a massive problem. Hammer has three skills that do something defensive while also doing damage, and they’re all on pretty low CDs, and they’re also all AoE. Let’s see, what else is there? Chronomancers have block that summons a phantasm which can be shattered twice. Though the phantasm summon can actually be dodged. Still, it’s a defensive skill that does something offensive. Berserkers can easily and frequently use Primal Bursts skills while maintain pulsing stability, and each burst give 15 seconds of pulsing healing and when any burst hits, the warrior is cleansed on 3 conditions. Now these are skills that do these effects baseline. Instead, this is an issue with traits have too much synergy with other traits and skills. But then they have stances that basically make them immune to damage for 4 seconds (8 with the passive proc trait) and conditions for 12 seconds.

Notice any commonalities with all these? Everything is too passive or requires very little activity to achieve a good reward. Basically, the risk/reward ratio for damage is out of whack. Druids risk very little to do damage (due to pets). Scrappers risk very little to do damage (due to constant defences). Warriors risk very little to do damage (due to low CDs). Chronomancers risk very little to do damage (due to illusion respawning). Some elite specs have to risk something. Support Tempests have to overload for a full 4 seconds to do their main damage, and most other damage skills are AoE, slow, easy to avoid, require facing your target etc. Reapers have so little defence that they have no choice but to avoid bursting when they’re too prone to damage. But then they have powerful, constant AoE bursts and condi bombs which are only risky when the enemy has enough CDs to cleanse or avoid the damage completely. Revs couldn’t just jump into a fight and expect to tank everything while doing a ton of damage. They had to line up their skills and set them up to do the most damage against a competent player. Yet, they also have constant evades/dodges/blocks. There are other professions, but this post is already getting too long, so I’ll cut it here and summarize my point.

There’s too much of everything, and it’s removing or slowly killing risks that players need to take in order to achieve a desired result.

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I said it already before this buff:Everything and i mean EVERYTHING!! needs to be scaled back in pvp.There is too much cc and burst overall, and it encourages to just zerg random people down with all cc and burst

druid changes

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Poelala does get farmed though…And complains about every known profession under the sun. I know, because I’m one of those people who farmed him.

On what class? When do I complain about DH or Necro? Who are you? Don’t you have me still blocked saltmaster?

druid changes

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Loaded class with an elite spec line focused on healing, done and done
anet is trying to push damage druid with support spec and ancient seeds carry
makes clarion bond unblockable for no reason
allows Signet of the Wild to be unblockable for an entire season
um am I missing the balance aspect of this?\
people complain about pets and how they carry druid’s damage
buffs ranger damage

I don’t think you full realize what a ranger supposed to do:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_

You see , I ask for nerfs too…but on specific aspects of one build

When I ask to nerf wars, I don’t stupidly ask to nerf war dmg or sustain because obviously they’re wars and they’re supposed to be in the thick of battle doing dmg and they need huge sustain for that; I merely asked to reduce a tad the stability uptime and reduce the range of Arc Slice

When I ask to nerf dh, I realize what the profession supposed to do..yeah it’s a freaking paladin archetype, we’ve got it, he will have dmg and whatsmore.
I simply asked again to add a tad more counterplay to traps and pulls, because the situation becomes unbearable when there are multiple dh on a point.

Now we have ..You.
You complain about ranger pets when :

Anet devs 2014 Balance Philosophy
Ranger: High single target DPS. Long range single target damage – should be the best (mesmer comes second). Sustainability through melee evasion and dodging. Sustained melee AoE.
Weakeness: Dealing with boons on enemies – no boon rip. Lack in stun breakers with some builds but it is intentional since you can evade so much. Reliance on pet for maximum efficiency as pet is factored into your damage output. Your damage will be smaller than other classes due to the pet. Pet have issues against high end PvE encounters since they are more of a hindrance than help. AoE at long ranged but it is a trade off with having highest single target DPS at long range

Anet balance patch 2017

Ranger
The ranger will see a variety of changes during this update. Of particular note, we are reducing Grace of the Land’s damage bonus and reworking it so that it’s compatible with all Celestial Avatar abilities and affects ten allies around the druid. We hope this improves the value of a single druid in large-group scenarios. Many pet attacks have had usability and movement enhancements in an effort to improve general damage against moving targets. The greatsword has had a couple of improvements for better damage and pet synergy. Finally, a few underused (and even some meta) utility skills have undergone general quality-of-life improvements.

Do you understand now?
What you complain about are the trademarks of the class and they’re here to stay till the last day of this game..no matter how long you will waste time complaining about it

You complain about smokescale and bristleback?
-They have low/mediocre AA but a reliable F2 burst that can keep up with moving targets on perma swiftness ( due to HoT powercreep ).
Other pets ( like owl-felines, drakes ) have way higher AA and dmg F2 but they’ve been left to rot for years and only now the dev have started to upgrade them with passion.

Sweet child…pets are supposed to dmg, the core pets you can currently walk away from are the UP ones, recognized by Anet and promptly buffed every patch

My Sweet child..smokescale and bristleback are the pet standards which Anet is aiming for…you should embrace yourself for more buffs on pets

“Ranger: High single target DPS. Long range single target damage – should be the best (mesmer comes second). Sustainability through melee evasion and dodging. Sustained melee AoE.”

Hm, that seems to have been abandoned since Celestial Avatar is a thing. Maybe it’s like they wanted Druid to be a support role. Though this is only speculation, it’s not like they said this.

“Rangers entering the ancient Maguuma Jungle may attune to the long-dormant forces of Tyria to become druids capable of channeling the might of the heavens, mending allies and daunting enemies. By gaining access to the staff weapon and glyphs, these masters of support bolster their allies with mystical insight into the natural world. Their new profession mechanic allows them to accumulate astral force to become a celestial avatar, a paragon of reactive recovery and strong sustainability in a dangerous world.”

It’s almost like they boosted the offense AND the defense AND the utility. It’s almost like power creep. It’s almost like what I’ve been saying is right :o

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

On what class? When do I complain about DH or Necro? Who are you? Don’t you have me still blocked saltmaster?

You get farmed on everything…mainly s/f fresh air ele and dash pulm thief or acro staff thief…I literally watched you complain in map chat for over an hour when Chef and Roon just farmed you on their DH…And you’re now saying you farm dh’s…? Wanna duel them tonight and prove it? I’m pretty sure you can’t win even 10% of the duels.

And I blocked you because I got tired of watching you QQ about literally every profession. I’ve seen you complain about druids….dh…acro thief…condi mes…condi warr…Only thing I honestly haven’t seen you complain about is prolly necro.

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You get farmed on everything…mainly s/f fresh air ele and dash pulm thief or acro staff thief…I literally watched you complain in map chat for over an hour when Chef and Roon just farmed you on their DH…And you’re now saying you farm dh’s…? Wanna duel them tonight and prove it? I’m pretty sure you can’t win even 10% of the duels.

And I blocked you because I got tired of watching you QQ about literally every profession. I’ve seen you complain about druids….dh…acro thief…condi mes…condi warr…Only thing I honestly haven’t seen you complain about is prolly necro.

Duel me bb mwahahahahaha

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

druid changes

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Since you like to talk trash in any way possible, just unblock me. You blocked me because you got beaten by a casual in a 1v1 on your main. A casual, and I pointed it out. You were so salty you banned me from 1v1 rooms. Just unblock me instead of subverting forum posts, sheesh.

druid changes

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Well…he’s right that pets carrying Druid damage. For a spec that is meant to heal a lot and be difficult to kill and provide plenty of support, it sure does hit hard. And most of that damage comes from pets and Ancient Seeds hold you still so you can’t dodge any burst. So, a Druid is meant to support and heal, which means that it should be difficult to kill, but then it has a stun break and full condition cleanse on a 15 second CD and then it can stealth. And then they can pop their short CD pulsing stability, only countered by frequent boon strip/corruption, and never be controlled long enough to take damage. Plus they have excessive evades from S/D and staff (not the only profession guilty of this).

So yeah, hard to kill if they know what they’re doing. But then on top of all this, they have hard hitting, practically passive pets (alliteration no intended). And this is where the problem happens. It’s fine that they can be hard to kill, but hard to kill must come with the consequence of doing crap damage, and that is not happening in the case of Druids. Hell, even Tempests can do some pretty big damage with Overload Air and some well played bursts from Burning Speed, while being fairly hard to kill. But the damage of Tempest is active and easy to avoid, but you can’t avoid pets (exception being Bristleback activated skill which has plenty of counterplay). This is why I suggest that rangers themselves receive a damage buff and pets get nerfed. This makes a Druid’s damage more active so that if they want to do damage, they have to sacrifice using a survivability related skill.

This ties in with so many other professions who have skills that do high damage while also being defensive in nature. Ele’s Burning Speed is actually one It evades and does good damage for how fast it acts and how low the CD is. Scrappers are also a massive problem. Hammer has three skills that do something defensive while also doing damage, and they’re all on pretty low CDs, and they’re also all AoE. Let’s see, what else is there? Chronomancers have block that summons a phantasm which can be shattered twice. Though the phantasm summon can actually be dodged. Still, it’s a defensive skill that does something offensive. Berserkers can easily and frequently use Primal Bursts skills while maintain pulsing stability, and each burst give 15 seconds of pulsing healing and when any burst hits, the warrior is cleansed on 3 conditions. Now these are skills that do these effects baseline. Instead, this is an issue with traits have too much synergy with other traits and skills. But then they have stances that basically make them immune to damage for 4 seconds (8 with the passive proc trait) and conditions for 12 seconds.

Notice any commonalities with all these? Everything is too passive or requires very little activity to achieve a good reward. Basically, the risk/reward ratio for damage is out of whack. Druids risk very little to do damage (due to pets). Scrappers risk very little to do damage (due to constant defences). Warriors risk very little to do damage (due to low CDs). Chronomancers risk very little to do damage (due to illusion respawning). Some elite specs have to risk something. Support Tempests have to overload for a full 4 seconds to do their main damage, and most other damage skills are AoE, slow, easy to avoid, require facing your target etc. Reapers have so little defence that they have no choice but to avoid bursting when they’re too prone to damage. But then they have powerful, constant AoE bursts and condi bombs which are only risky when the enemy has enough CDs to cleanse or avoid the damage completely. Revs couldn’t just jump into a fight and expect to tank everything while doing a ton of damage. They had to line up their skills and set them up to do the most damage against a competent player. Yet, they also have constant evades/dodges/blocks. There are other professions, but this post is already getting too long, so I’ll cut it here and summarize my point.

There’s too much of everything, and it’s removing or slowly killing risks that players need to take in order to achieve a desired result.

+1

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)