dueling vs Mesmer? HOW????

in PvP

Posted by: nGelik.3129

nGelik.3129

Hey guys, this is realy bothering me… How to win duel vs mesmer?
My main class in pvp is Druid, and I can duel any clas expect Mesmer.
Since Im only few pips away from legendary I find more and more god mesmer players, and from my perspective they are OP!!!
How Im supose to win a duel if Mesmer put Torment, poison and confusion on me, how to duel hiw if I cant move, heal or cast spells?
Plus he have other condie dmg like burn and bleed + stuns and moa… Even if I somehow survive and evade some of his cc’s and cleanse some confusin, he have blocks and evade to avoid all my dmg, and then spam begin again…

Any advice?

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’d recommend making an effort to actually learn the Mesmer mechanics. There’s no way you can effectively fight a class if you have no idea as to what they’re doing. If it just seems like you explode with conditions randomly when fighting a Mesmer, you can’t counter that. Conversely, if you understand how those conditions are applied, you can play to avoid them.

That being said, condie mesmers are one of the best dueling classes in the game. However, a well played Druid can pretty much fight them to a stalemate through the proper use of sustain from healing and condition removal.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

ermm…it will be hard to kill a mes in 1v1 unless u a thief that can do a high burst, change position fast and evade

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Current Condi Mesmers are Top tier at Dueling…

All I could tell you is, forget about killing them in 1v1, it wont happen vs any ’’decent’’ mesmer.
Your best hope is just to stalemate them, untill someone else comes along to put a pressure.

These past few days I have been auto-piloting(thats right) as a Mesmer from Diamond Tier 1 to now Legendary, and not once I ever felt like losing 1v1 battles, unless I intentionally began to underestimate enemy.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Step 1 roll dh
Step 2 laugh at anyone who thinks mes is op

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Step 1 roll dh

nah, dh is free kill for any class unless the guard is way more skillful than the opponent

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Booms.2594

Step 1 roll dh

nah, dh is free kill for any class unless the guard is way more skillful than the opponent

not even m8 unless I’m just way more skillful than every player in the game
not surpirsed

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Most (>95%) of the mes these days run condi builds + portals and moa. On a point, necromancer is the only class I find to be comfortable enough to beat them due to the insta transfer of the condis (8 stacks of confustion + torment + bleeding) and perma chill them to death unless he/she runs away. I play ele as well but the condi pressure is just too much from the mes on a point and if moa’ed in 1v1, its an instant death regardless of class.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Mesmers, specifically condi builds (and druids for that matter) have always been one of the best 1v1 classes in the game. Condi mesmer’s 1v1 specs have been complained before but they were never meta. Now they’re efficient in tpvp and players are having a tough time competing vs them on side points.

Guardians have a tough time competing vs Revs, Engi and Druids on side points. I recommend you doing what Guardians have been doing since launch… avoiding the classes that eat you in 1v1s by out rotating them.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Some classes do better against a mesmer then others. Reaper/Daredevil imo, and maybe scrapper. DH doesn’t really stop a mesmer. Tempest can do it, but they have to make sure their stability is up, timing is crucial. But then there’s Moa

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

You don’t duel a mesmer until they nerf it.

From all the QQ threads recently it seems they’ll straight up delete the class or nerf it like last year’s thief.

I mean its kitten in PvE and it will be kitten in PvP too come this April.

Few months after that ANet will see the error of their ways and will buff auto-attack in attempt to fix it.

Fun times ahead.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

As a druid you have decent chances to win and I’ll tell you how:

-You both have stealth (via smokeskelk and staff 3 on your end as well as a druid trait when exiting CA form and longbow 3 but that’s purely for cleansing targeting and a small repositioning window.) Stealth means you concede node progress to them so conquest is an uphill battle this way.

-Mesmers have nasty torment and confusion, but we have tools to wash this.

-Moa form has a big tell.

-Longbow 5 cleaves through clones nicely.

-CA form has cleanses and interrupts.

-Druid has pets such as smokeskelk and bristleback that give good DPS.

-Mender’s amulet gives you decent offense and healing.

-Shield 5 is quite strong but try strafing around it if you can help it but dodge if you must.

It’s actually anyone’s duel here.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I find mesmers by far the hardest class to deal with on my druid (I play staff/longbow) as well and are the only class that I am not confident I will win against before going into the fight. That said I do win about half of my fights against mesmers, maybe a bit more. This is what I do:

- If it is a fight on a point I control, I don’t even try to hold it, I just let it be decapped and try to keep it neutral. You will probably die very fast if you try to stay on point too long against a condi mes.
- I try not to be overly aggressive. I usually just kite around and wait for my burst to finish its cooldown before I try to attack again. I only try to deal as much damage as I can if I am confident I can win the fight very quickly or the Mesmer starts on low health.
- Once my burst is ready, I use it on my opponent as quickly as I can (LB 4, LB 2, bristleback f2, swap to smoke scale and let it do smoke assault). That usually takes a lot of health away from the Mesmer. I just repeat this every time it is off cooldown.
- Most importantly, I never activate celestial avatar unless on low health with a ton of conditions on me because then I get the most benefit from it and more often than not get back to full health with the Mesmer having already taken a lot of damage. Just make sure to activate skill 3 first to get that healing burst so there is no risk of being killed before you used all your heals.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I destroy mesmers, doesn’t matter the build. One of the easier classes to beat in my opinion. /shrug

I keep them at max range and just make sure not to get shattered on. It’s pretty easy to tell, I find their rotations stupid simple to read.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

you can’t beat 2x moa 1 v 1. That is why almost all 1 v 1 tournaments ban moa.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

First, dueling isn’t really the point. Second, Mesmer has very little access to condition clear and is fairly squishy.

As a Memser, when I face a Mesmer I go for offense. I know that once I get them down below a threshold, it’s only a matter of time.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Fay.2357

Have you tried dodging? If you eat moa in a 1v1 it’s your fault.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

so how do i know when im dodging a moa cast? mesmer will warn me in chat before he uses it? plz tell also include instructions in case if mesmer casts it from stealth

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Fay.2357

so how do i know when im dodging a moa cast? mesmer will warn me in chat before he uses it? plz tell also include instructions in case if mesmer casts it from stealth

Moa has a large and obvious animation. If you don’t know what it looks like, I recommend you learn it.

Additionally, the meta condie Mesmer builds usually have zero access to stealth, preferring less easily countered defenses. So you’re basically saying that you’re unable to dodge a big and slow cast from a visible target. The only possible response is: L2P.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Moa has a large and obvious animation. If you don’t know what it looks like, I recommend you learn it.

Additionally, the meta condie Mesmer builds usually have zero access to stealth, preferring less easily countered defenses. So you’re basically saying that you’re unable to dodge a big and slow cast from a visible target. The only possible response is: L2P.

nice, also help me decide what i should dodge: 12 confusion stacks or 10 second daze

in PvP

Fay.2357

nice, also help me decide what i should dodge: 12 confusion stacks or 10 second daze

I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that there’s this cool new thing called condie cleanse! It removes conditions so you don’t have to eat them.

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Mesmer is actually a fair game for DH, you can manage to kill them very fast if you do a good burst.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that there’s this cool new thing called condie cleanse! It removes conditions so you don’t have to eat them.

thought you have to eat them before you can remove them, gotta double check my information sources

in PvP

Fay.2357

thought you have to eat them before you can remove them, gotta double check my information sources

Dedicated cleanses will remove confusion without proccing the damage. Cleanses that are added to skills via traits (as in mender’s purity adding a cleanse to Mesmer heals) will cause you to take 1 hit of damage as the main skill activates prior to the cleanse.

in PvP

Booms.2594

DH doesn’t really stop a mesmer.

Hahahahaha

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

the answer is simple, you do not stand a single chance in a 1v1 against a condi mesmer, not a SINGLE chance. No matter what class you play (unless you play condi mesmer yourself), you will lose to one that is decent. the amount of survivability and constant conditions that they can apply is ridiculous and soon enough your condicleanse will be on cooldown and then you’ll melt. This isn’t even taking into account the ridiculous OP skill moamorph which is basically a 8 second daze (which he can cast twice in a row if he’d want to).

In other words, if you see a condi mesmer on a point, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Take more condi cleanse, hit the mesmer between their blocks and evades, bait them out then burst them. This is either a build issue, a l2p issue, or both.

Druid can for sure win this match up.

On an aside: I know some DH players that have done well vs condi mesmers 1 v 1.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

If you drag them into a teamfight instead of 1v1ing them they fall apart like a bullet though soggy cardboard. Save your dodges for when you see clones going kamikaze at you and when you see a giant circle above their head.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in PvP

Ananeos.4587

the answer is simple, you do not stand a single chance in a 1v1 against a condi mesmer, not a SINGLE chance. No matter what class you play (unless you play condi mesmer yourself), you will lose to one that is decent. the amount of survivability and constant conditions that they can apply is ridiculous and soon enough your condicleanse will be on cooldown and then you’ll melt. This isn’t even taking into account the ridiculous OP skill moamorph which is basically a 8 second daze (which he can cast twice in a row if he’d want to).

This is ignorance at its finest, do not listen to this person.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

ermm…it will be hard to kill a mes in 1v1 unless u a thief that can do a high burst, change position fast and evade

It’s 2016. Thieves haven’t been a mesmer counter for a long time. =P

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

nono, it’s not ignorance, it’s having a sense of reality. Condi mesmer is by far best 1v1 out there right now and if you enter a 1v1 with an equally skilled mesmer (or even a little worse) then you will most likely lose and you’ll get your team outnumbered. Best to do is go back to the teamfight, wipe them and 2v1 the mesmer or get the other point and simply ignore him should he be so stupid to bunker a point. You’re the ignorant one for not seeing that.

D/F ele

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

nono, it’s not ignorance, it’s having a sense of reality. Condi mesmer is by far best 1v1 out there right now and if you enter a 1v1 with an equally skilled mesmer (or even a little worse) then you will most likely lose and you’ll get your team outnumbered. Best to do is go back to the teamfight, wipe them and 2v1 the mesmer or get the other point and simply ignore him should he be so stupid to bunker a point. You’re the ignorant one for not seeing that.

They can lose 1 v 1. I’ve seen the best Mesmers in North America lose to necros, druids, and dragon hunters. As a conclusion your post must be none other than ignorance. This is a learn to play issue. Is Condi Mesmer very strong 1 v 1? Yes. Is it unbeatable? No.

in PvP

Ananeos.4587

First off, condi mesmer is not a BUNKER. Do you know what a BUNKER is? Condi mesmer is a ROAMER.

Secondly, the primary damage of condi mesmer is confusion and torment. Mesmer’s staff auto crits for 600 on full berserker, crits for 900 on mainhand sword. This means if you stand and do nothing you will be virtually unkillable from the mesmer’s perspective.

Thirdly, since when was moa an instakill? 8 second DAZE? Have you ever been moaed before? Do you stand there and do nothing when you are a moa? Do you not notice your evasion and leap skills as a moa, as well as your massively increased stats?

Learn to play. Seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

some tips:

-run condi clear and use it only when you need it
-range pressure staff, dodge ileap/scepter
-kite when they stealth
-destroy clones as soon as they appear
-if there are too many clones and they all start running at you, try to aoe/cripple them down before they reach you, or dodge into them so you evade most of them
-the easiest way to do this is to always face the mes from one and only one direction, so always keep him north of you
-if the match is stalemating, expect a moa from stealth

gl

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I struggled to fight condi-mes for the longest time, even on guard which supposedly does very well against them. The fact is, a good condi mes is very difficult to down and excels at 1v1s. They CAN be beaten though, but the method you use to 1v1 some or most classes usually fails against condi mes.

Here are some things I’ve learned that may help you:

-First and foremost, make a mes, learn how to play it, and practice the burst. Once you get a feel for how it plays, you get a better feel for how to play against it. This is ESPECIALLY true if you take it into pvp and see how other people counter you. Also, this is good advice for any time you struggle to fight a class.

-When a condi mes goes invisible, you as a druid have one of two good options:
1. Kite/move AWAY from where they stealthed. They don’t move very fast.
2. Count the seconds they have been stealthed. After about 2-3 seconds, they will usually attack again. Dodge.

-You can NOT face-tank a condi mes, and fighting one usually takes excellent kiting and timing of your CC/big damage. They will outlast all of your condi clear if they’re any good.

-Watch your condi-bar. Don’t keep spamming attacks when you have 4+ stacks of confusion on you; it hurts. Torment hurts too, but it’s the lesser of the two evils if you ask me. Condi cleanse after they use shatters.

-Keep your distance and dodge INTO the illusions when the mes uses shatters.

-Keep track of their blink. If they use blink to chase or burst you, now is a good time to cleanse and burst back. Condi mes can really only sustain actively through stealth and blink.

-If all else fails, kite them. Condi mes are terrible at chasing players and excel when you try to stand your ground and fight.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

They can lose 1 v 1. I’ve seen the best Mesmers in North America lose to necros, druids, and dragon hunters. As a conclusion your post must be none other than ignorance. This is a learn to play issue. Is Condi Mesmer very strong 1 v 1? Yes. Is it unbeatable? No.

What Eura said is right. But mesmer is one of those classes that you really need to understand to beat. You need to learn the tempo of the mesmer’s skills so that you can properly react to them. Knowing when the mesmer’s shatters are back up, when the block is back up, when the bursts are coming, etc. is 90% of the battle.

Also, learning to dodge moa is critical. It has a very obvious cast animation (a giant wavy purple mist swirls around the mesmer), and it’s almost always accompanied by a csplit beacon being dropped. So if you see either of those tells, use a dodge/block/invuln/blind/evade/LOS.

In my experience, DH probably has the strongest matchup vs Condi Mes because the tempo on the DH’s condi cleanses syncs nicely w/ the CD on the mesmer’s shatters. The DH’s AOE also tends to down clones.

If you’re on Reaper, 99% of the matchup boils down to making sure you land the plague signet. The plague sig is instacast, so failing to land it is entirely on you. Don’t cast it while the mesmer is dodging/blocking. Other tips involve interrupting shield block with WH4 and Staff5, and interrupting signet of illusion with whatever. But just landing the plague signet is usually enough to win. At that point, the mesmer’s main burst is gone and won’t be back up for awhile due to chill wreaking havoc on CDs. If you whiff the plague signet (which again, is instacast), then you will likely lose.

If you’re on druid, a lot of the matchup involves proper kiting (if using LB) or evading shatters (if S/D). Save celestial form (full condi wipe) for after the mesmer uses F1+F2. Make sure you’re managing the pet properly to keep up pressure. A well played druid can hold a point (or at least keep it neut) virtually forever.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

If you’re on druid, a lot of the matchup involves proper kiting (if using LB) or evading shatters (if S/D). Save celestial form (full condi wipe) for after the mesmer uses F1+F2. Make sure you’re managing the pet properly to keep up pressure. A well played druid can hold a point (or at least keep it neut) virtually forever.

The second you go into celestial form is the moment I’ll moa you. Same goes for rampaging warriors and shrouded necromancers

in PvP

Fay.2357

The second you go into celestial form is the moment I’ll moa you. Same goes for rampaging warriors and shrouded necromancers

And if you’re that predictable, the only people you’ll be moaing are the noobs that don’t deserve to win. Moa is a flashy and long cast time. Anyone that doesn’t dodge it deserves it.

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Since Im only few pips away from legendary I find more and more god mesmer players, and from my perspective they are OP!!!
How Im supose to win a duel if Mesmer put Torment, poison and confusion on me, how to duel hiw if I cant move, heal or cast spells?
Plus he have other condie dmg like burn and bleed + stuns and moa… Even if I somehow survive and evade some of his cc’s and cleanse some confusin, he have blocks and evade to avoid all my dmg, and then spam begin again…

Any advice?

Druid counters mesmer pretty hard, I stomp almost every druid or make them retreat while holding points with my mesmer, and when I play my druid, fairly decent at it; I can’t take a mesmer down unless they’re garbage.
Druids are good for fighting necros, which not many classes they can do, with their ‘burst cleanse’, how they can instantly clear all condis when entering avatar form, thus screwing a necro up. Necros have low mobility and the pet is constantly presurring them, while you kite around at range with your double ranged set, or even GS would work too.
Mesmer is sustained condi slow kill over time. A good mesmer will change how they apply their condis upon you, they can either burst and shatter everything and then everything again in a couple seconds to put 8 torments and 12 confusions on you, or they can slowly shatter their illusions every 5 or 10 seconds, and constantly apply small amounts of conditions wearing you down. Druid doesn’t have enough sustained cleanse to beat it. Their shouts won’t be enough to cover it, and their weapon skills don’t cleanse either. You won’t beat the current meta mesmer with your druid, its like a thief to a DH almost.
That being said, it won’t stop you from reaching legend. I have lost many games as a mesmer to strong druids, they cover their allies butts’ with their pet tele res carry, usually necros, and then they stomp me in 2v1. together. Druid is extremely powerful in team fights, and is also strong in 1v1, just not with mesmer. If you see a mesmer coming towards a point your holding, and a decisive team fight taking place, let him have the point and win that team fight then you can 2v1 the mesmer down. GL

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

And if you’re that predictable, the only people you’ll be moaing are the noobs that don’t deserve to win. Moa is a flashy and long cast time. Anyone that doesn’t dodge it deserves it.

Will you really see that cast in stealth while I’m interrupting and worst case scenario stow my weapon and force you to dodge, I mean by that time my staff skills would’ve reloaded and I’ll be ready to give you some condi presents

And since condi damage is braindead I can just jump around keep on shattering, forcing you to dodge.

We can all count to 2 right? Right. So. Dodge 2 times and eat that moa.

P.S: Tides of time stun you (you can’t stunbreak while in that kittenty form) and increase my casting speed.

Do I need to teach you more lessons on how to land moa properly? Because it really isn’t that hard given those forms disable your utilities, give you pulsing stacks of stability and nothing much else.

P.P.S: I’ve never had issues doing moa to rangers xD Unless I eat a blind. I’ll admit, I don’t look for blinds since I focus on the enemy while casting moa. That’s the only viable play I guess to a player in my rank.

Which reminds me

ANet … could you pls add some shades to my screen when I’m blinded. Put up that black and white filter or something. Typically when I get 10+ condis from a nearby reaper it’s really hard to distinguish blind from the plethora of other nasty effects.

And since you blink and you die to a necro these days, I can’t really look at my condis to figure out what exactly I have. Something that works on ALL GRAPHIC SETTINGS too pls. I usually disable postprocessing because i don’t need a shaky cam in PvP (and other gimmicky effects).

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Step 1 roll dh

Actually dh are one of the better classes to fight mesms

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

DH, condi rev (power works too but when doesn’kitten and reaper are the best rn. Dodge when you see moa morph activate (the tell is the chicken signet over their head), dodge when you see 3 clones running with super speed towards you cause they just shattered and stay out of chaos storm. High cleave kills clones which means they cant shatter which means they cant spike which means they’re useless. If you get moa-ed just kite around and save 5 for when they try to burst you. If you’re reaper make sure to reflect condis and save 1 dodge for that moa cause its worst for you.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Best counter to condi mes is Resistance, since they can’t strip boons in the popular build (apart from sword chain aa, but ya know). You can bring Mallyx Revenant if you see a lot of Condi Mesmers, he should be able to significantly lower their pressure in teamfights if needed (PAbsorption) and 1v1 them with ease unless he gets Moa’d.

Fighting them as Druid is more or less kiting till CA is up and repeat. Unless you’re running build with a lot of glyph cleanses, then you stand fair chance.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Will you really see that cast in stealth while I’m interrupting and worst case scenario stow my weapon and force you to dodge, I mean by that time my staff skills would’ve reloaded and I’ll be ready to give you some condi presents

And since condi damage is braindead I can just jump around keep on shattering, forcing you to dodge.

P.S: Tides of time stun you (you can’t stunbreak while in that kittenty form) and increase my casting speed.

Do I need to teach you more lessons on how to land moa properly? Because it really isn’t that hard given those forms disable your utilities, give you pulsing stacks of stability and nothing much else.

P.P.S: I’ve never had issues doing moa to rangers xD Unless I eat a blind. I’ll admit, I don’t look for blinds since I focus on the enemy while casting moa. That’s the only viable play I guess to a player in my rank.

Which reminds me

ANet … could you pls add some shades to my screen when I’m blinded. Put up that black and white filter or something. Typically when I get 10+ condis from a nearby reaper it’s really hard to distinguish blind from the plethora of other nasty effects.

And since you blink and you die to a necro these days, I can’t really look at my condis to figure out what exactly I have. Something that works on ALL GRAPHIC SETTINGS too pls. I usually disable postprocessing because i don’t need a shaky cam in PvP (and other gimmicky effects).

A few things:

(1) If you’re running Decoy instead of SOI, then your follow-up pressure is going to be so low that the druid won’t care about being moa’d out of CA. The point is to use CA to wipe condis after the initial F1+F2 shatter condi dump. Getting moa’d after you’ve already countered the mesmer’s burst isn’t a gamechanger. At most you’ll get the decap.

(2) While mesmers can use their CDs to get strong setups for landing moa, using those CDs means you don’t have them available for locking down the moa itself to deal damage. It’s a balancing act.

(3) No decent druid will die to a mesmer that just spams shatters off CD. To kill a good druid, you really need to set up a strong condi burst followed by a moa BEFORE the druid is able to CA-cleanse. Then follow-up with another burst while the druid is in moa (which is why you need SOI rather than decoy).

(4) Not sure why you’re complaining about Reapers. They have the most obvious animations and are the easiest to read. What’s probably happening is that you’re mindlessly spamming your condis (your own words) and then eating a plague signet.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

in PvP

Fay.2357

Which reminds me

A few things:

(1) If you’re running Decoy instead of SOI, then your follow-up pressure is going to be so low that the druid won’t care about being moa’d out of CA. The point is to use CA to wipe condis after the initial F1+F2 shatter condi dump. Getting moa’d after you’ve already countered the mesmer’s burst isn’t a gamechanger. At most you’ll get the decap.

(2) While mesmers can use their CDs to get strong setups for landing moa, using those CDs means you don’t have them available for locking down the moa itself to deal damage. It’s a balancing act.

(3) No decent druid will die to a mesmer that just spams shatters off CD. To kill a good druid, you really need to set up a strong condi burst followed by a moa BEFORE the druid is able to CA-cleanse. Then follow-up with another burst while the druid is in moa (which is why you need SOI rather than decoy).

(4) Not sure why you’re complaining about Reapers. They have the most obvious animations and are the easiest to read. What’s probably happening is that you’re mindlessly spamming your condis (your own words) and then eating a plague signet.

I was gonna say something along these lines, but decided the density of that post made it not worth my time. I appreciate you stepping up to the plate and giving it a swing.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Is it the hybrid Chrono build you are having trouble with or a full condi build utilising sceptre? It’s important to know what sort of build you are fighting in order to know where the damage is coming from.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

1v1 them with ease unless he gets Moa’d

And even then I’ve seen revs with +10s of resistance plus other boons (making the strip boon from sword useless)

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

1v1 them with ease unless he gets Moa’d

And even then I’ve seen revs with +10s of resistance plus other boons (making the strip boon from sword useless)

Mallyx revs are very very rare. Most are power revs. And Resistance is not as easily stacked as it used to be since Demonic Defiance trait was nerfed to a 5 sec ICD.

Pain Absorption can give you a lot of resistance if you use it right after you get condi bombed. But it costs 35 energy (when you start with 50) it doesnt exactly leave you with much left to hit back with.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Drew The Brave.6403

Drew The Brave.6403

Any advice?

I dont know how effective this will be but Ive played condi war all the way into legendary… I always wait for the druids to use cele form then just kitten condis on them. The best defense against my condi build is druids who just use cele form then end it to go invis, and then heal up so its ready to condi cleanse again. I would just try using invis from ending cele form and comboing on your smoke stack.