dummies can't pvp, this is how to.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Also, make sure to belittle people and tell them they suck and need to learn how to play, in a sarcastic manner, in order to improve veteran/noob relations in the hope of a better future for the PvP community :/

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You forgot rule 6 – destroying an unmanned enemy trebuchet is more important than capping points and should be done by someone built for condition damage asap. Duh.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

7. remember to always go into a fight, outnumbered. Waiting for teammates are for noobs.
8. Always aim for the highest personal score because that means you are the best on your team.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Zypher.9536

Zypher.9536

Rule #9: Don’t bother focusing classes like mesmers and thieves, they will just stealth away anyways. Instead, it’s better to focus targets which are more stationary, like bunker guardians.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You forgot rule 6 – destroying an unmanned enemy trebuchet is more important than capping points and should be done by someone built for condition damage asap. Duh.

My favorite is when I’m on a condi necro and the other team is trebbing and I ask if my team can go take care of it and they tell me too =( so they just get to treb all game.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Rule #10. Rush to svanir at the start of the game and make sure that he kills you.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

Whats so bad about #3? Im a pvp noob but I really want to improve my skill so I’ll appreciate an honest answer :p
I get all your other points though

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Whats so bad about #3? Im a pvp noob but I really want to improve my skill so I’ll appreciate an honest answer :p
I get all the other points though

Would you rob a store next to a police station?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Of course not, you rob the police station. Open with lord rush.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

while there are a lot of bad players out there, I find the pvp ‘experts’ more annoying than the noobs personally.
If you are good you carry if you are bad you get carried. If you are bad and have no idea that you are bad you kitten about other people being bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Rule #10. Rush to svanir at the start of the game and make sure that he kills you.

Rule #10 Side Note: If you are a mesmer in order to be sure to get killed by svanir and fail miserably try to moa it before engaging

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

silvermember.8941

while there are a lot of bad players out there, I find the pvp ‘experts’ more annoying than the noobs personally.
If you are good you carry if you are bad you get carried. If you are bad and have no idea that you are bad you kitten about other people being bad.

What you said while technically true doesn’t really invalid this topic, now does it? most of the suggestions here are things people think are great ideas but are not actually great ideas.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Rule #11: Always rush Lord at start while leaving your other nodes uncontested.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

ya realize that just being good doesn’t mean you can carry a bunch of new players against legit teams, right?

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

ya realize that just being good doesn’t mean you can carry a bunch of new players against legit teams, right?

I’m not saying a good player will carry every team and win every fight. If you played well it really shouldn’t matter if you won or lost. I personally are happier losing a match in which I played well rather than win one where I played like kitten.
What’s the point raging at ‘bad’ players that you will never have any influence over? In my experience the ones who kittenes the loudest about other players being bad are often pretty bad themselves. Which is not surprising when you think about it, if you are convinced that every match you lose is always the fault of others and never because bad playing of your own, you’ll never try to get any better.

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Of course not, you rob the police station. Open with lord rush.

Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Rule #12: Never ress your teammate, even if he is right next to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Rule #13: Be sure to always fight for the Ferocity buff. Send at least 2-4 players.

in PvP

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Rule #9000: Run a non meta build when you don’t even know how to pvp to begin with. Auto win

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Rule #9000: Run a non meta build when you don’t even know how to pvp to begin with. Auto win

Well… For example when you play engi, it’s better to get used to pvp using a p/s rabid build instead of the meta cele one. Or playing a PU mesmer istead of a shatter mesmer. You see the idea.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Well… For example when you play engi, it’s better to get used to pvp using a p/s rabid build instead of the meta cele one. Or playing a PU mesmer istead of a shatter mesmer. You see the idea.

Cele engi is easier than Rabid IMO. And encouraging someone to run PU is the same as encouraging someone to stay afk. It’s just as useful for your team and the guy won’t get any closer to learning how to play mesmer.

On the topic:

Rule #14 – always push far first. If you fail, keep trying until the match ends. Top players often rush far solo while streaming, it’s obvious that you should do the same, 24/7.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I have some more to add:

15. Never care about timer in Temple of Silent Storm (11:30, 8:30, 5:30)

16. If you’re Guardian or Warrior, always fight off point and roam far while leaving thief and power ranger to guard the middle node.

17. Skyhammer and Courtyard is the best map ever created!

18. Power ranger is too hard to fight >_< Nerf it!

19. Put shadow refuge when there’re no foes and your teammate is trying to cap a node (Saw it many times really…)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Except p/s rabid is pretty meta.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Except p/s rabid is pretty meta.

I wouldn’t argue against this. I don’t know why everyone complains about cele engi while it’s not better than p/s or p/p. I think people just don’t like cc.

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

20. When you get a map you don’t like, sit in spawn and complain that the map is bad because 1 bad player can doom the team… while the rest of you team is getting stomped 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Rule 21 (For rangers). Longbows do the most damage when Pew Pewing directly into a downed characters face, and weapon swaps should only be considered if your second weapon is also a longbow

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Rule #10 Side Note: If you are a mesmer in order to be sure to get killed by svanir and fail miserably try to moa it before engaging

Beast vs. Mesmer. True story!

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Beast vs. Mesmer. True story!

No wonder the current unrank pvp sucks…
So many people are like that mesmer..
Yet they trash talk me when I point out their mistake..

in PvP

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

22. Focus the orb. Preferably zerg it with the whole team. Orb gives way more points than holding nodes.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I gotta teach all yall something because I keep getting idiots who don’t understand.

When you start match, both teams cap home and normally 4v4 at mid.

Well, after the people at home cap they go mid.

5v5 now.

If you got a teammate that has strong urge to go far and full cap…

This is what happens. Your left with 4v5.
Due to 4v5 your team will start to lose (around the time that teammate of yours gets the far node neuted).

After a few seconds your team realizes they’re losing (due to losing the downed state game, enemy finishing rather than your team) and starts to bail mid.
You full cap far.

Now the people at mid come and kitten you up at far or chase your teammates around.

Your team is now in a state of something called “out of rotation”.

Thanks to your efforts to FULL cap far instead of neuting it and running back to support your team, you have caused your team the game.

Because coming back from being out of rotation is very difficult.

So all in all.

Never full cap far, always neut it and go back and help your team, because its going to get recapped by the enemy anyways and all your doing is hurting your team with the teamfights.

Just because a node is open, oooh ya its nice to full cap….

In the meantime, your team is getting owned and you think your contributing.

Yup. All you contribute to is your team losing all the fights elsewhere because they ’could’ve used you’. Like the enemy just had 10% hp left and all you had to do was show up. The enemy has 2 guys downed and 2 of your guys are downed but they have 2v1 upstate and therefore win it… When you could’ve came in with all your cooldowns ready and stomp.

Stop kittening full capping far, if situation doesn’t require it. Greedy motherkitteners lose games.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Blair.3796

So, to summarize:

23. If there’s a team fight at mid, full cap far. Every time.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

So, to summarize:

This is the main reason why games are either lost or won, especially true in solo que.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I gotta teach all yall something because I keep getting idiots who don’t understand.

When you start match, both teams cap home and normally 4v4 at mid.

Well, after the people at home cap they go mid.

5v5 now.

If you got a teammate that has strong urge to go far and full cap…

This is what happens. Your left with 4v5.
Due to 4v5 your team will start to lose (around the time that teammate of yours gets the far node neuted).

After a few seconds your team realizes they’re losing (due to losing the downed state game, enemy finishing rather than your team) and starts to bail mid.
You full cap far.

Now the people at mid come and kitten you up at far or chase your teammates around.

Your team is now in a state of something called “out of rotation”.

Thanks to your efforts to FULL cap far instead of neuting it and running back to support your team, you have caused your team the game.

Because coming back from being out of rotation is very difficult.

So all in all.

Never full cap far, always neut it and go back and help your team, because its going to get recapped by the enemy anyways and all your doing is hurting your team with the teamfights.

Just because a node is open, oooh ya its nice to full cap….

In the meantime, your team is getting owned and you think your contributing.

Yup. All you contribute to is your team losing all the fights elsewhere because they ’could’ve used you’. Like the enemy just had 10% hp left and all you had to do was show up. The enemy has 2 guys downed and 2 of your guys are downed but they have 2v1 upstate and therefore win it… When you could’ve came in with all your cooldowns ready and stomp.

Stop kittening full capping far, if situation doesn’t require it. Greedy motherkitteners lose games.

Just to clarify, he’s not saying to not go far at the very start of a match.
Bottom line is, don’t take time to full cap a node when your team is obviously getting handicapped elsewhere.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Blair.3796

So, to summarize:

This is the main reason why games are either lost or won, especially true in solo que.

Very true. I was just summarizing for the purpose of the thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

24. Try to go (At least) 3v1 vs bunkers on their point and stay there failing forever so you can be sure your teamates are playing 2v4 everywhere else…they gonna be really happy bout that.

25. If someone tells you to stop going for boss and to hold points instead of zerging around like wvsw chickens leaving everything freecap always show you legendary, your wvsw achievements or bring up the team’s scoreboard to prove you’re the best in town.

25+1: If legendary weapons, zergs vs doors titles and score are not enough you can also whisper him later with something like “Boss is 25 points you nooob!!1!”

And this happened…for real…not even joking, but i almost gave up even on insulting people, someone is so stupid that any flame wouldn’t be enough anyway..3 starting on boss (Or capping points with 2-3 ppl, or leaving points freecap with 3 ppl chasing a s/d thief around map and so on..) = istant afk…that really saves nerves from overloads

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Rule 26: If you cap a point after a 5 minutes long fight, ALWAYS leave it immediately without checking for incoming enemies first. Especially true in graveyard on legacy.

Rule 27: If your team mate holding home says he’s got 3 incoming, don’t bother to go help them, go to far instead because you’ll probably win a 1v2 there before the enemy wins 3v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

If Teef on Khilo, port to the roof and shoutcast the match for your team.