duo with thief

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: SparkingJester.8612

SparkingJester.8612

Going to be duoing with a thief buddy was wondering what went best with him. I have been playing a Eng but don’t know how well that would work

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Don’t quote me on this as I’m not a PvP expert, but I think thief works best when they do their own thing (i.e. decap and +1). So trying to pair up with them and provide support directly to them during a match isn’t usually productive.

Given that, your best bet might be to go with some sort of bunker or team support so that you can help win team fights and hold mid while your thief does what thief does best to keep the game in your control.

Maybe ele? A good ele support healer makes a world of difference in team fights.

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Don’t quote me on this as I’m not a PvP expert, but I think thief works best when they do their own thing (i.e. decap and +1). So trying to pair up with them and provide support directly to them during a match isn’t usually productive.

Given that, your best bet might be to go with some sort of bunker or team support so that you can help win team fights and hold mid while your thief does what thief does best to keep the game in your control.

Maybe ele? A good ele support healer makes a world of difference in team fights.

One of the biggest advantages you have while duo qing as thief is coordinating burst. Id go with something with that is able to burst, is mobile and is able to survive for a bit so it isnt as much of a liability.

Id say mesmer or LB dps druid.

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Mesmer is great with it. Both access to invisibility and instant (moa) burst can be very influential on the game. A good mes/thief duo is able to outrotate the enemy team.

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Mesmer is great with it. Both access to invisibility and instant (moa) burst can be very influential on the game. A good mes/thief duo is able to outrotate the enemy team.

Good point. I hadn’t considered using another mobile class. A good mesmer with those portals and the ability to burst would be a potent match.

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

When I duo, I tend to find someone that can hold their own for about 7ss at a time (when I stealth, all focus is in them), when ppl focus on them, its way easy for me to focus burst ppl down.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

Engi/thief duo works well in ranked. Thieves rely heavily on their teammates to provide them with rotations, so having an engi player taking side node fights usually provides for an easy +1 from your thief friend. Engi has strong 1v1s across the board aside from a few (mainly revenant and necro), but those few are weak in outnumbered situations, so it really isn’t an issue. This is all assuming that both you and your friend are running either meta or something viable to fulfill the same roles.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

(edited by Undo.5091)

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: SparkingJester.8612

SparkingJester.8612

Well that’s good I really like playing scrapper. Not a fan of the mesmer playstyle, was really wanting to use an engineer or guardian.

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Thief/mes is the strongest duo by far

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Thief/mes is the strongest duo by far

If both players,are good enough

duo with thief

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Going to be duoing with a thief buddy was wondering what went best with him. I have been playing a Eng but don’t know how well that would work

play your best class, or take another and make a lot of practice in unranked, taking an ideal class that you dont master at your 100% level is detrimental for much good sinergies that teorically had with your duo partner.
BTW . anet remove duos from ranked, make it only true solo q,duo is a form of xploiting sistem