eSport's HGH and Steriods

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

There seems to some usage of macros going on in spvp lately. It isn’t that hard to spot. Not going to name names. Curious as to if Anet actually checks into this issue or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

There seems to some usage of macros going on in spvp lately. It isn’t that hard to spot. Not going to name names. Curious as to if Anet actually checks into this issue or not.

I honestly dont know any usage for macros except lich stomps.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its Lightning whip cancelling

Compared to ultra rarely useful stuff like lich stomp, this is used every 10s

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I’m not sure how anyone would be able to see a macro in use visibly by the naked eye.

Unless people are admitting to macro use, the only way to definitively tell is gathering details on the milliseconds in between game inputs.

For macro programs that that provide an input variance, the way to detect those is to search a larger data sample of input times and see if the averages are consistent at a small interval of milliseconds.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Everyone is using macro on lightning whip…and i mean everyone

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

It is easier to just fix the autoatack thancreate a anti macro system.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Hey so I thought that too for a little while then I just applied myself to learning how to do it, it’s really not that hard.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

ya tbh it took me a couple minutes to get it down pretty much exactly every time. I might be like 5% less efficient than a macro but at least I dont need a macro

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Fun fact:
- Pwn prO macro user = Block + whisper flame spam.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Can someone tell me why people LH cancel and how? Like Mesmer GS auto with straw weapon?

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I am not using a macro for lightning whip, if you place your weapon stow on the right key you can do it pretty fast, and I think a lot of other players don’t do use a macro either.
It would be just silly using one, because it’s so easy to do without and using a macro just gets you banned.

Can someone tell me why people LH cancel and how? Like Mesmer GS auto with straw weapon?

You set a key for “stow weapons”, if you press it while channeling something it interrupts it.
On GS you interrupt it because of the aftercast, so you attack slightly faster.
On ele with Lightning whip you use it because of the double heal it gives you while using the healing signet.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

(edited by Dwaynas Avatar.1562)

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I set a stow weapon key because I liked being able to draw/stow weapons for RP purposes. Taste the Toast on Tarnished Coast!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Not to forget dodgejump macro also seems to be very popular.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Its Lightning whip cancelling

Compared to ultra rarely useful stuff like lich stomp, this is used every 10s

Lol. I know a couple people that do this (like everyone else) and they do not use macros to do so. They practiced it and practice makes perfect. I believe all you have to do is stow your weapons….there is a key for that. Not saying that everyone doesn’t use a macro but I know it is not needed.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

They could make make it a 2 or 3 hit chain and put the biggest fraction of the damage in the final hit. Same for mesmer and all other classes.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Hit stow weapon after right when that yellow bar is finishing hit stow and hit the 1 again rinse and repeat get the timing down and bam.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Usualy there are not macro users just players with quick fingers or even players what dont understand class mechanics. Other day I was accused by some “Legendary Champion” (God every noob has this title these days..) for using macros while only thing I did was using mine field under his feets and those mines instakill him. Simillar it was from my guildies what ask me after 5k hours played what cheat it is when engi do nothing and keep him knockdowned (Slick Shoes). It took me 5 minutes to convince him that skill actualy exist in game since launch and its not cheat or macro.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Usualy there are not macro users just players with quick fingers or even players what dont understand class mechanics. Other day I was accused by some “Legendary Champion” (God every noob has this title these days..) for using macros while only thing I did was using mine field under his feets and those mines instakill him. Simillar it was from my guildies what ask me after 5k hours played what cheat it is when engi do nothing and keep him knockdowned (Slick Shoes). It took me 5 minutes to convince him that skill actualy exist in game since launch and its not cheat or macro.

Funny reading this right now because some ranger reported me yesterday for the same thing. Was kitten in around in unranked for the daily on my “1” shot mine build. Walked up and insta dead…30 seconds later I get a whisper, “Reported hacker” LOL. I just sent him Salt and left it at that.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Usualy there are not macro users just players with quick fingers or even players what dont understand class mechanics.

If you meet enemy player in pvp that plays like he just started pvp or just bad and litteraly every dodge he do, is perfect dodgejump …. than i have my suspicion. And i meet alot of ppl like that Beside if you just search on nonofficial forums there you will find many ppl that claim using that macro.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

It’s completely plausible that people don’t macro and pull off things like jump dodge and stow weapon lightning whip with a very low amount of messing up.