easiest profession to play for season 7

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so what would be the easiest profession to play in the upcoming season 7 ?

it will be pvp season 7 right ?
i have not been playing gw2 pvp for some time.
(i have been playing sengoku rance again though, finally completed all the 3 alternate endings – ran route, kenshin route, isoroku route. then i played 2 ran routes again with one eyed demon family bonuses for high score, first got me an end game score of 48 while the 2nd got me end game score of 110. then i went and read some guides and realize i should have gone with kill the monkey route for easier end game and more points, which is what i am doing now at the moment.)

anyway, as for for gw2 pvp season 6, i only did 5 out of 10 placement matches for season 6 i think.

so i read that warrior has been nerfed quite hard.

dh maybe just a tiny bit ? perhaps i can play that in the lower tiers where i belong? (silver, gold)

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

At low rank, the DH is perfect, inflict huge damage burst and no one know how counter it properly because they lack of skills and/or experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Actually the other way around, warrior was nerfed a bit but power DH is totally broken. Burn DH still works reasonably well.

I’d say power necro is a bit OP now. Axe buffs in the last patch were insanely good. Atleast the build I’m using can 1v1 on point against pretty much any class, and 1v2 vs most classes around the point as well. The only 1v2 you will definitely lose is vs another power necro and a support/ a +1’er.

Here’s the build if anyone is interested:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JHNQtNYNNg5mA9mYBXwo6CthvA0VLAcAiridxwIA-TZROABAs/g7HEAYPBAn/EA0uMAA

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Actually the other way around, warrior was nerfed a bit but power DH is totally broken. Burn DH still works reasonably well.

I’d say power necro is a bit OP now. Axe buffs in the last patch were insanely good. Atleast the build I’m using can 1v1 on point against pretty much any class, and 1v2 vs most classes around the point as well. The only 1v2 you will definitely lose is vs another power necro and a support/ a +1’er.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JHNQtNYNNg5mA9mYBXwo6CthvA0VLAcAiridxwIA-TZROABAs/g7HEAYPBAn/EA0uMAA

It’s a strange build, i’ve never tried to run a power necro build without ferocity

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

It’s a strange build, i’ve never tried to run a power necro build without ferocity

I used to do Paladin before the patch too, but now… without Fire & Air (+Chill of Death & Chilling Nova) procs you just don’t have the pressure to kill things.

Landing a full Axe 2 for a truly meaty 4k does wonders for my self-esteem.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

DH and druid are probably going to be ‘the’ classes for season 7

I used to do Paladin before the patch too, but now… without Fire & Air (+Chill of Death & Chilling Nova) procs you just don’t have the pressure to kill things.

Landing a full Axe 2 for a truly meaty 4k does wonders for my self-esteem.

Yeah, with necro you basically have to go full glass all the time.

I’ve been kitten ing around with this. Obviously it’s paladin so the dps is meh, but it’s got the debuff and boon corrupt spam of ye ‘ole procmancer with the sustain of blighter’s boon.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I’ve been kitten ing around with this. Obviously it’s paladin so the dps is meh, but it’s got the debuff and boon corrupt spam of ye ‘ole procmancer with the sustain of blighter’s boon.

I’ll have to try it sometime.

I went the opposite direction from your concept with this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTo2GscTwbTgeTsgLYxVxuYYE6qFAaBUdh2wzC-TpRWABEfCAg+BAU6RAAg9HS+QAARZAA

I dream of landing a Quickness Gravedigger, but in reality those are few and far between.

When you mentioned corrupt + sustain I thought it would be Curses/SR/Reaper, but I guess I just need to learn how to grow some balls and take off Soul Reaping. Curses screws with everyone, so it’s good for your survival, in a way.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

I’ll have to try it sometime.

I went the opposite direction from your concept with this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTo2GscTwbTgeTsgLYxVxuYYE6qFAaBUdh2wzC-TpRWABEfCAg+BAU6RAAg9HS+QAARZAA

I dream of landing a Quickness Gravedigger, but in reality those are few and far between.

When you mentioned corrupt + sustain I thought it would be Curses/SR/Reaper, but I guess I just need to learn how to grow some balls and take off Soul Reaping. Curses screws with everyone, so it’s good for your survival, in a way.

I find myself dissatisfied with Necro because of our reliance on Soul Reaping. I’ve tried playing without it, but it just doesn’t work out for me too well. Necro is already a punching a bag; without SR, you’re in trouble. You can go zerk, but what’s the point? Other classes play zerk much better and have safer builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The new Sigil of Courage is really helpful to making non-SR work. It’s effectively 1% Life Force every 2 seconds as long as you are attacking. Add on Hoalbrak runes and LF from weapon skills, you can get some competitive LF gain.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

With the build you don’t really need Ferocity, as your damage comes from sitting on a full stack of Might. Additionally, both weapon sets are really good for racking up LF, and shroud is mostly used for relieving pressure, as you regain health in shroud while attacking. It has a ramp up time but what necro build doesn’t?

Your only true counter in this build is another necro as you effectively cancel each other out. You do gain lots of Might but it’s relatively easy to get stripped of it since it’s pretty much the only boon you have without support.

I’ve tried the build with Marauder and Demolisher but they don’t cut it as you go down before you have a chance to do anything substantial. Paladin really does enable you to survive the initial teamfight focus. Or at least outlast the guy your own team is targeting.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

With the build you don’t really need Ferocity, as your damage comes from sitting on a full stack of Might. Additionally, both weapon sets are really good for racking up LF, and shroud is mostly used for relieving pressure, as you regain health in shroud while attacking. It has a ramp up time but what necro build doesn’t?

Your only true counter in this build is another necro as you effectively cancel each other out. You do gain lots of Might but it’s relatively easy to get stripped of it since it’s pretty much the only boon you have without support.

I’ve tried the build with Marauder and Demolisher but they don’t cut it as you go down before you have a chance to do anything substantial. Paladin really does enable you to survive the initial teamfight focus. Or at least outlast the guy your own team is targeting.

I personally don’t like it, but if work than it’s ok.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

With lowest skillfloor + high reward? I would say still DHs. Yes, the numbers got tweaked a bit but design didn’t really change. Other classes also saw nerfs so there is that. Ofc DH can be killed by a good player with the right build but i don’t think this is what is topic is about.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>