#esports

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Stop it.

Stop trying to turn sPvP into esport, it’s not gonna happen.

Instead focus on make sPvP enjoyable for players first.

Thanks

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I find spvp enjoyable…

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I find tpvp enjoyable too.

However, for any “esport” warriors have to be fixed.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Dont forget the infamous AI builds. Although they’re not a big problem in high end pvp they’re still broken in their own ways.

For esports to happen anet needs to update things faster

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

#esports

in PvP

Rezz.8019

Dont forget the infamous AI builds. Although they’re not a big problem in high end pvp they’re still broken in their own ways.

I agree, spirit ranger is broken. While you are moving spirit will not use their skills but will just keep following instead. However, their skills will go on cooldown. That should be fixed.

Other than that, I think everything is fine except warriors.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I agree, spirit ranger is broken. While you are moving spirit will not use their skills but will just keep following instead. However, their skills will go on cooldown. That should be fixed.

You seem to have some hatred towards warriors, if hambow didn’t exist would you still be saying an entire class is broken? Because contrary to popular belief every class has one of these builds that have people crying to nerf the entire class for no reason.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

#esports

in PvP

Rezz.8019

You seem to have some hatred towards warriors, if hambow didn’t exist would you still be saying an entire class is broken? Because contrary to popular belief every class has one of these builds that have people crying to nerf the entire class for no reason.

By warrior I obviously mean hambow. Hambow and bunker warrior are only viable builds in pvp.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: WolfiKurisu.6894

WolfiKurisu.6894

People will just continue to complain about the strongest classes and builds until everyone’kittenting zero.. (lol, I typed ‘everyone is hitting zero’, and it got censored :P)
Why’re Warriors so tough anyway? I’ve only recently got into PvP, really, but I’ve not died once to a Warrior yet. I play Thief and Ranger, and Immobilize wrecks ‘em, especially if you spawn trap so they can’t get any Adrenaline.

(edited by WolfiKurisu.6894)

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Stop it.

Thanks

That’s the same thing. Only if the sPvP is more enjoyable, it will get more famous. Only by attracting more people it might oneday get to be an esport title (but that’s going to be a long way).

Try to give constructive feedback at what you don’t like, but man up, and don’t qq.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Do away with esports! Bring on #Veesports!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I’m just getting tired of all these posts telling people to “stop pushing for e-sports, it’s not going to happen”, when the only people that are openly stating this are obviously joking.

And the people that may have this in mind are really conscious of the fact that there is a lot of tweaking, building, structuring to be accomplished before this will even be a thing, and hence are careful not to state their ambitions out too loud. So yeah, there’s not really a lot to complain about IMO.

Professor James – Mesmer

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I think the main process that people seem to miss, is that the majority of esports games (aside from Starcraft) were created naturally and are never “forced” or built to be “esports”

Moba style games were built by players essentially from the RTS genre, Counter Strike was a Half-Life mod that became super competitive naturally, Street Fighter was just an arcade game.

The problem is, you need something players want to play consistently, something that is fun, something engaging, and something that can be calculated. Then it comes down to the PLAYERS to make it into a sport…not forced by the developers.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The E-Est of sports.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I find tpvp enjoyable too.

However, for any “esport” warriors have to be fixed.

qq about what you can’t beat

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I think the main process that people seem to miss, is that the majority of esports games (aside from Starcraft) were created naturally and are never “forced” or built to be “esports”

Moba style games were built by players essentially from the RTS genre, Counter Strike was a Half-Life mod that became super competitive naturally, Street Fighter was just an arcade game.

The problem is, you need something players want to play consistently, something that is fun, something engaging, and something that can be calculated. Then it comes down to the PLAYERS to make it into a sport…not forced by the developers.

One thing for sure: none of these games is spectacular or flashy. I think that seeing what’s going on might actually be one of the main thing to ensure while thinking about esports.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Stop it.

Thanks

Thankfully, the devs already agree with you. In fact, to my knowledge they have not spent any significant amount of resources on “pushing” for esports. Ever.

They did give some interviews before launch (that is, 2+ years ago) in which they mentioned esports. Since launch, they’ve added spectator functions, because the playerbase was pushing heavily for that at the time even though there were probably more important features that should have been added first. They’ve also spent some modest resources encouraging tournament events, usually hosted and run by a third party with little or no prize money provided by Anet directly.

tl;dr esports have probably consumed around 0.01% of Anet’s money/time in the past two years.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Still needs DR on CC…

otherwise, it’s pointless.

#esports

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Yeah. for Esport, frankly, go play Starcraft 2 or LoL man. simply becuz this game has been KNOWN as MMORPG. If they wanted this game put into esport they had to make another pvp game package like “GuildWars PvP edition” with all build premade characters like LoL and free to play.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)