excited that Anet is looking into a MOBA mode

in PvP

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

As someone who plays Smite (A 3rd person MOBA) i am really excited by the idea that a MOBA style mode might come to GW2. Now i know im getting a bit ahead of myself since it has been said this is just in the “testing phase”.

but just wanted to make this post to show my support for a MOBA style game mode in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

The balance of classes in this game is a joke. Just mention the stealth system to any hardcore MOBA or LOL player and they will laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

A moba kind of style would work well with gw2 lol. Extremely well imo

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

This game has some of the best small-scale skirmish mechanics. 1v1s and 2v2s are very well-balanced and actually entertaining to watch because all of the nuances of combat can be appreciated without confusion on the viewer’s part.

MOBAs tend to encourage players to disperse across the map, which facilitates the duels, small skirmishes, etc. A MOBA PvP mode would play to GW2’s strengths.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

OMG I want to play gw2 as a moba game-type alreadyyyy

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

The balance of classes in this game is a joke. Just mention the stealth system to any hardcore MOBA or LOL player and they will laugh.

things can be done to relieve that though, have set armors and traits depending on your “role” after all thats what MOBAs are about … Tanks, Ranged Carries, Assassins, Mages and Junglers.

also having 4(or 5) skills (which is usual in MOBAs) would relieve this as well.

Personally if it was up to me, I would use the Minis as the Champions for this MOBA mode(if its implemented), instead of letting players use their own character … but thats just my idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

A moba would be alright if it didn’t come with the stupid cash grind systems that just draw out games and make matches snowball.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

A moba mode would be stupid in this game….if i wanted to play a moba i would play dota or league which i dont like. I think a game mode using moba elements (keeps/ sides of the map) could be cool. But progression style moba absolutely not.

in PvP

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

lol, noob cant handle thieves

in PvP

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t really see how stealth is a joke. It’s what thieves are supposed to do and havn’t done in most MMOs.

There’s plenty of ways to counter stealth, especially the thieves who just charge straight at you.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

yeah because LoL doesnt have any stealth champion. Specially not one that is, literally, in perma stealth. About a moba style map for gw2, it’s gonna suck. More AI minions in a pvp game? Just imagine, you trying to fight an enemy 1v1 and agroing minions. Just think of the clutter… Dont reinvent the wheel, there are many proven game modes for mmos.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

A moba kind of style would work well with gw2 lol. Extremely well imo

It wouldn’t.
MOBA maps work because there is a constant risk, reward and focus on leveling.
GW2 literally cannot have a situation like that.

At best it can try to simulate the creep wave, but without xp/gold keeping people in lanes…
Without that legitimate lane’ing doesn’t exist, the map will just be chaos… bunkers and mini zergs.
Unless they pull out a miracle, it seems like it could be an interesting changeup but not lastingly much better than conquest (and conquest is bad).

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

And when would this be implemented 2015 considering how slow they move and the 8,0000 other more important things to work on. Please.