"farm servers"

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

how is this not classed as an exploit? theres multiple servers forceing people to only one side cap and everyone kill them selves for rank points… ive reported all of them and hope this gets stopped with the owners accounts banned

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I agree that this isn’t in the proper “spirit of competition”, if these are custom arenas set up by players, what goes on inside them is really none of your business. They paid their gold to make the arena; they can do whatever they want inside them. Technically, “1v1 duel arenas” or “training arenas” set up by guilds to train their newer members are also illegal, but if you started banning these too, you’d have a LOT of unhappy players on your hands.

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

@Zaxares

If I bought a pistol and started shooting people, would you say I paid my own money, therefore I can do anything I want with it?

Anyway, devs won’t do anything with these farms, because they are terrified of losing small sPvP community. For example, they did nothing with Skyhammer farmers.

Signed, level 1 alt

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

But farming is promoted by anet, why else did they create skyham that allowed the mob grinding crowd to get all rewards pvp players get without actually pvping…

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Dirven.3021

Dirven.3021

@Zaxares

If I bought a pistol and started shooting people, would you say I paid my own money, therefore I can do anything I want with it?

Anyway, devs won’t do anything with these farms, because they are terrified of losing small sPvP community. For example, they did nothing with Skyhammer farmers.

Oh my god this is the most kittened comparison ever LOOOOOL just oh my god. Someone please screenshot it and post it on tumblr or something. =D

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Aren’t the hotjoin rewards capped and low to begin with?

I’m not saying it’s ok, but the rewards are mediocre (compared to say, speedclearing the dungeon) and a Dragon Finisher whilst you’re a bad player will instantly tell people that you’re either very dedicated but limited on your skills to improve, or that you farmed hotjoins. I wouldn’t even bother reporting it.

Wouldn’t mind if they do ban it though.

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

This isn’t illegal it’s just a lame thing to do. Different stuff.

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

@Zaxares

Lmao. One hurts people while another doesnt. Not the same.

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Rewards are time-based now. These players must be in their match for the same amount of time as any other server. We cannot necessarily stop people from ‘playing’ oddly for their fixed amount of rewards unless it’s an actual exploit.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no problem here

better this people farm ranks in custom arenans than in my SoloQ

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Zaxares

… Seriously? >.>

OK, fine. I’ll play along. No, your example is still not correct.

Someone creating a farm arena = Someone buying a pistol and shooting up his own car in the backyard. It’s pointless and doesn’t improve the guy’s life in any way, but it’s his car and his ammo, so fine, whatever.

Someone buying a pistol and shooting up a school = Someone who goes into tPvP and uses hacks/DDoS’s the legit competitors so they just can’t win against him. He’s deliberately going out of his way to cause pain and suffering to others.

"farm servers"

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

The fact that at any given time of the day, top 4 servers are always full and they are all farm servers. That shows in how a sad sad state GW2 PvP really is at the moment.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -