first 6 games in a nut shell. MMR

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

first 6 games in ranked, please explain. if this streak carrys on, what is the point ?

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

Im not gonna say l2p but consideri gthat you jiat started in amber that is like the equivelant of bronze 7 in infamous LoL. Dont blame mmr. If you cant get out of amber then mmr isnt the issue

in PvP

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I won 5 games myself last night, then again I did party up with a random 3 man group though, but I know it doesn’t guarantee wins or streaks.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in PvP

Posted by: UvU.3256

UvU.3256

Probably just a bad day, but then again you don’t lose pips nor tier in amber, just carry on you’ll probably get out sooner on later, and your team might get better in emerald and later on, goodluck =).

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

played a bit more.

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in PvP

Posted by: Sophist.5029

Sophist.5029

Im not gonna say l2p but consideri gthat you jiat started in amber that is like the equivelant of bronze 7 in infamous LoL. Dont blame mmr. If you cant get out of amber then mmr isnt the issue

If its not MM then explain this and dont give me your lern2play bullkitten one player doesnt loose matches even if afk that much. Ive played unranked so if the logic of "its all me " is correct i should have never won in unranked either.

Attachments:

in PvP

Sophist.5029

and more if you need more proof of bullkitten 50/50

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Grats on amber tier 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

50/50 obviously will not and CAN NOT work in Amber. I’ll quote myself to explain why:

I think in Amber you’ll generally find a lot of variation. Often you’ll come across oldtimers coming back and being placed in Amber since they never played a season before, which was what happened to me. These are often people with a lot of PvP experience so in low tiers they’ll just roll over less experienced players with ease. It’s really confusing and win/loss ratio is odd because a lot of people are Amber that simply do not belong there. I lost far more games in Amber than in emerald or w/e the next one is.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

foo foo poo. lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Post a video of your games, otherwise all the players will dismiss you as simply L2P as I am doing now. I’ve seen some real bad players, like real bad, keyboard turning, skill clicker, no dodging zerker staff eles that basically do absolutely nothing. I’m thinking you’re one of those until I see you play.

in PvP

Sophist.5029

Post a video of your games, otherwise all the players will dismiss you as simply L2P as I am doing now. I’ve seen some real bad players, like real bad, keyboard turning, skill clicker, no dodging zerker staff eles that basically do absolutely nothing. I’m thinking you’re one of those until I see you play.

Are you kittening blind there are 3 emeralds on that team if your telling me that’s not a bad match your a kittening loon. On a semi-decent team I could go afk and still have a better kittening chance of wining if it was evenly matched.

Not to mention if it was purely due to one players bad skills that means you would make every team you ever play on loos ranked or unranked. and that is not the case before Ranked started i was on a 15 game wining streak in unranked. So I may be bad but there is no way that result could occur solely due to bad play.

(edited by Sophist.5029)

in PvP

Sophist.5029

If what all the MM defenders say is true that would mean there would be an equally bad player on the opposing team to match my skill and that’s clearly not the case.

God this has me worked up tbh. Look I dont want to get into an argument over how i am vrs how good i or you think i am. My point is with the combination of things i see happening in matches yeh if im not an optimal pvper that understandable but so are the groups im supposedly facing. Though i think its more of a mash of players not knowing maps and not knowing pvp to bad mm and yes ill admit it I don’t have leet gw2 pvp skills. But i know i can fight. Expl me holding 3 at a node on a druid for at least and im low balling 30-40 seconds. And in that time the rest of my team couldnt get one other point capped before i Respawnd. I mean can I say WTF.

(edited by Sophist.5029)

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

If what all the MM defenders say is true that would mean there would be an equally bad player on the opposing team to match my skill and that’s clearly not the case.

God this has me worked up tbh. Look I dont want to get into an argument over how i am vrs how good i or you think i am. My point is with the combination of things i see happening in matches yeh if im not an optimal pvper that understandable but so are the groups im supposedly facing. Though i think its more of a mash of players not knowing maps and not knowing pvp to bad mm and yes ill admit it I don’t have leet gw2 pvp skills. But i know i can fight. Expl me holding 3 at a node on a druid for at least and im low balling 30-40 seconds. And in that time the rest of my team couldnt get one other point capped before i Respawnd. I mean can I say WTF.

No, there would be an equally bad player in unranked.
In ranked all your teammates are equally bad while all your opponents are slightly better/worse.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

There is literally zero matchmaking in this game. Just more lies.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Xter.6271

Xter.6271

I sympathize with you.

I was on a nice winning streak at the start and since then it’s mostly been hardcore loses.

I keep getting paired with teammates that don’t communicate, fight off point, chase one thief around the whole map for no reason, won’t and don’t rotate, zerg mid and home and end up dying anyways, and think they need three and four people at the start to cap home.

I’m no pro league here but after 3 years on and off sPvP, I think I am decent enough to not get team mates like this due to MMR. Instead I keep getting teams like this SoloQing. Most of my wins came from when I duoed with another guy. And we had a win streak going on easy.

Now? I lost 9 games in a row tonight, all blow outs, and gave up tonight on it.

This matchmaking did not get any better, instead it’s just giving lopsided matches. I won 4 games in a row at the start, then started my losing streak, duoed, won a few more and now just lose games straight because this MMR puts me with people who have never sPvPed and don’t do anything but run around like chickens.

And the MMR tanking theory for S3 doesn’t work. I proved that unintentionally. Once you hit a losing streak, be prepared to ride it out for a long time.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I made it from Amber to Ruby with over an 80% win rate. IDK what to tell you other than practice, get better, rank up. If you need help playing a class, the profession forums are >>>>> that way and they will help you. Some of them.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I sympathize with you.

I was on a nice winning streak at the start and since then it’s mostly been hardcore loses.

I keep getting paired with teammates that don’t communicate, fight off point, chase one thief around the whole map for no reason, won’t and don’t rotate, zerg mid and home and end up dying anyways, and think they need three and four people at the start to cap home.

I’m no pro league here but after 3 years on and off sPvP, I think I am decent enough to not get team mates like this due to MMR. Instead I keep getting teams like this SoloQing. Most of my wins came from when I duoed with another guy. And we had a win streak going on easy.

This matchmaking did not get any better, instead it’s just giving lopsided matches. I won 4 games in a row at the start, then started my losing streak, duoed, won a few more and now just lose games straight because this MMR puts me with people who have never sPvPed and don’t do anything but run around like chickens.

And the MMR tanking theory for S3 doesn’t work. I proved that unintentionally. Once you hit a losing streak, be prepared to ride it out for a long time.

The thing is OP is in start of amber, like really now. People talk about enemy have higher mmr but since this is amber, how high can enemy mmr be? If OP lose this much even in start of amber then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way he plays.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

You had to earn starting in amber this season… it’s not to keep you down, it’s to tier you with/against equivalent skill players. If you scored into amber, and are continuing to struggle playing in amber, the clear message is operator error. Everyone who wins and ranks up went through a time when it was stomp after stomp after stomp. Then they learned from those mistakes and began turning the tide against mmr. Be patient, take your lumps, get better. Divisions not a persistent progression bar; pips are an account of your ability to achieve in current play conditions against others doing the same thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I sympathize with you.

The thing is OP is in start of amber, like really now. People talk about enemy have higher mmr but since this is amber, how high can enemy mmr be? If OP lose this much even in start of amber then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way he plays.

MMR is meant as a reflection of skill.

If a skilled player enters with no MMR (at base amber as a smurf or returning player) then they could be incredible pvp’rs.

in PvP

warbignime.4610

I sympathize with you.

If a skilled player enters with no MMR (at base amber as a smurf or returning player) then they could be incredible pvp’rs.

And you think many days into the season 3 with the scaling from last season there would a lot of high mmr, low rank players in amber? Is our pvp population that big? to the point we have this many of extreme cases to create this many loss for OP?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I sympathize with you.

And you think many days into the season 3 with the scaling from last season there would a lot of high mmr, low rank players in amber? Is our pvp population that big? to the point we have this many of extreme cases to create this many loss for OP?

/shrug/

A single skilled player running a strong build can carry an entire team to dominate the other at these low levels.

FYI: in case it wasn’t obvious, a no MMR player wouldn’t have any recent pvp history (they wouldn’t have played season 2). I.e. a “returning player” from a substantial enough time ago. That or an alt account (smurf).

In S2 I came into the season 15 days from end. It looked like this

Attachments:

in PvP

warbignime.4610

I sympathize with you.

/shrug/

A single skilled player running a strong build can carry an entire team to dominate the other at these low levels.

FYI: in case it wasn’t obvious, a no MMR player wouldn’t have any recent pvp history (they wouldn’t have played season 2). I.e. a “returning player” from a substantial enough time ago. That or an alt account (smurf).

The thing is that’s you on the winning side, you are better than others therefore having high win rate at low rank is reasonable. Situation of OP was that he keep losing at start of amber, where either people are really good and progress through it really fast or people that are really bad that grind many games to get out of there. With OP losing this much in early amber, it can at least confirm that OP is not a good player and he is doing something fundamentally with his rotation/build/general skill level, because like you said if one person is good enough he can turn the tide of an entire game.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I sympathize with you.

/shrug/

The thing is that’s you on the winning side, you are better than others therefore having high win rate at low rank is reasonable. Situation of OP was that he keep losing at start of amber, where either people are really good and progress through it really fast or people that are really bad that grind many games to get out of there. With OP losing this much in early amber, it can at least confirm that OP is not a good player and he is doing something fundamentally with his rotation/build/general skill level, because like you said if one person is good enough he can turn the tide of an entire game.

The first thing I noticed in his screen caps is that he’s on thief. I don’t know if all his games are on thief, but it’s not exactly a cornerstone class to bring.

I don’t doubt there’s an issue here with the OP. For all I know he’s been deliberately throwing matches to come to the forums and stir things up with a few screenies XD

Not saying you are OP, just saying I can’t know for sure what’s happening. If you’re genuine, most likely problem is you’re class/build/skill is flawed somehow.

in PvP

Posted by: Xter.6271

Xter.6271

I sympathize with you.

Yes he is, but let’s look at this. He keeps losing and his MMR keeps going down. The game is trying to create a “balanced” match based on MMR and division. The game is now thinking he’s complete noob and pairs him up with as many people around the same MMR. But the system is having a hard time finding players who are in his division and that MMR so it expands its search into the Pip range, eventually the MM will settle with what it has to work with and create a lopsided match pairing him with low MMRs and filling the opposing team with players MMRs that are close but higher then his team’s MMR because it tries to keep “equal” skilled players grouped together. Suddenly he is grouped with players that have no idea what’s going on and the enemy team will at least have a clue what they’re doing and easily stomp his team.

I’d really be curious on how the OP’s queue times are on average. Ive generally find really long queue times means the MM gave up and settled with what it has to work with at the time. I’m not saying queue time represents this as I’ve had 30 second queue times that turned into bad games. But I do think it shows where the MM is having difficulty creating this 50/50 MMR team where one team isn’t highly favored over another and the chance to win is at least reasonable and the matches are much closer.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

i have no intrest throwing matches and coming on here to “stir” things up, dont worry about that. before i gave up last night my last Q was about 5 mins long and the avg Q was about 3 mins. most of the games were 500-300 score but there was 2 games that were a complete 1 sided, 500-50.

anyway I am not too bothered about this leauge thing anyway i just wanted to try it out. may be next time i will play a class i have never used as most of my pvp is 90% thief with 2k games.

in PvP

Sophist.5029

You had to earn starting in amber this season… it’s not to keep you down, it’s to tier you with/against equivalent skill players. If you scored into amber, and are continuing to struggle playing in amber, the clear message is operator error. Everyone who wins and ranks up went through a time when it was stomp after stomp after stomp. Then they learned from those mistakes and began turning the tide against mmr. Be patient, take your lumps, get better. Divisions not a persistent progression bar; pips are an account of your ability to achieve in current play conditions against others doing the same thing.

Bullkitten you obviously didn’t see my attachment clearly that is not the result of equal mmr. 3 emeralds and 2 ambers against all amber are you kittening kidding me. That has nothing to do with skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If its not MM then explain this and dont give me your lern2play bullkitten one player doesnt loose matches even if afk that much. Ive played unranked so if the logic of "its all me " is correct i should have never won in unranked either.

This one is actually understandable because if you are close to emerald you will be facing emerald. Now this one is actually funny:

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Sophist.5029

This one i actually understandable because if you are close to emerald you will be facing emerald. Now this one is actually funny:

Close to emerald Yes absolutely i agree with you but see again below.

Attachments:

in PvP

Cynz.9437

This one i actually understandable because if you are close to emerald you will be facing emerald. Now this one is actually funny:

within 15 pips

All is Vain~

in PvP

Sophist.5029

within 15 pips

lol honestly I don’t know if your being sarcastic or not…15 being all of amber.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

within 15 pips

lol honestly I don’t know if your being sarcastic or not…15 being all of amber.

kind of :P i don’t think system cares in which division you are, it just looks at pip range

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I feel for people like the OP. MM is still rigged.

And before you jump to any conclusions I was diamond last season and have a decent win rate through saph currently. But you guys are blind if you think its strictly a l2p issue. If he is that bad he should be playing vs players that bad. Not always being farmed by rigged teams.