fix matchmaking

fix matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I am mid gold and I am literally bouncing between having teammates that are top 5 to having players that are brand new to PvP. This is not good for the game mode. Hard cap the difference in rating on a team to 300 max.

fix matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Agreed. While I think some people are crazy for thinking the bad MM is targeting them specifically (you know who you are), there is no doubt that the focus on super fast queue times is hurting sPvP overall (which is not something I would have expected to ever say).

Long queue times are probably just as bad, but I think the current system needs a tweak. Start the range off smaller (only players within… 200-300? basically three tiers, one above, yours, and one below so G2 gets matched vs only G1, G2, and G3 players) and only extend it after a certain amount of time passes (with a notification of some sort).

I feel like they could do a lot to improve the matchmaking and still keep the queue times relatively short. I’ve played plenty of pvp games (MMO or others) with 5min-10min queue times. Over 10min starts to get annoying, over 15min starts to get unplayable. But current system has it at 1min-3min and great as that is, its only great if it isn’t providing frustrating matchups.