full premade vs randoms+duoQ

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Full premade vs randoms+duoQ should never happen. It is the same as full soloQ vs guild team.
Ideally only match full premade vs premade or at least triQ+duoQ. Otherwise it is just unfair because you will never reach the same amount of coordination.
I am sick and tired of solo queuing then being put as a filler into some duoQ group just to face a full guild team.
I couldnt care less if fully coordinated teams need to wait 30min for a match, it is their fault for playing in full group.
If you absolutly have to make us play against better coordinated teams at least make it so that you dont loose pips if you say get at least a 300 vs 500 score.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I wrote about a potential solution but no one really cares. Certainly ANET doesnt.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Alternative-Matchmaking-to-Solo-Q-requests/first#post6173052

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I wrote about a potential solution but no one really cares. Certainly ANET doesnt.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Alternative-Matchmaking-to-Solo-Q-requests/first#post6173052

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, better than current situation at least

in PvP

Posted by: Ash.8127

Ash.8127

of course its not “fair” to fight as soloqueuers vs premade teams.

nonetheless most guild teams are rather bad i feel, higher divisions are no exception (see pic attached^^). nonguild-premades are dangerous.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

NO idk why people associate premades with good teams the Que times are already killer like 20 mins plus for 5 mans its insane considering this game is said to be MMO is it not the point to play with friends…

i mean there should be a incetive to playing with friends not the other way around… spvp is already bad enough with people not wanting to que together based on que times and the often times of increasing the difficulty of matches since the current system scales to the top player on your team(this system is needed dont get me wrong)

all in all what needs to happen is maybe a PIP forgiveniess if you lose to a team with 2 or more partied players… for insance if a team of 1 duo and 3 solo vs a 4 man premade and 1 solo …… if the 1 duo and 3 solo loses they dont lose pips or maybe if the game was in a certain point margin…..dont punish players who want to play together

in a perfect world 5 man premades would only play premades but even my guild which was number 1 on the leader boards 3 days ago achieved that via 3 mans bc 5 man ques were something out of a horror movie like a hour long at the legendary level… and if yall fill anything like me its not the loss that stings its that PIP loss of course this may make climbing to legendary to eazy but i think its the lesser of 2 evils

(edited by Nova.3817)

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

of course its not “fair” to fight as soloqueuers vs premade teams.

nonetheless most guild teams are rather bad i feel, higher divisions are no exception (see pic attached^^). nonguild-premades are dangerous.

Your screen shot is what I often see happen with 5 man teams. One or two people are of much higher skill level than the rest of the team, and instead of performing well they get wrecked by a team that has members all at the same skill level.

The only time a 5 man really does well is with an ideal comp, team speak, and members all on the same skill level… Which tbh rarely happens. With the way match making is set up you have a better chance to win with solo q

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

I was hoping they would at least patch it in so that it’s easier for us to tell in PVP who is part of a premade and who isn’t, even who has HoT and doesn’t would be nice to know. I was thinking solo players and users without HoT should render as various vegetables like carrots or potatoes things that are easily farmed to better represent the reality of this awesome system.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

As others are saying, there are two things that happen when a solo queu and randoms go up against a premade team.

The premade team is probably not a great team, they more then likely have people of different skill levels.

The solo queue/duo queue team is actually the team rated to win due to the fact that it is given a higher mmr of players overall then the other team.

I Know that in another post about this topic, Evan confirmed that the Premade teams actually don’t win as much as people think. The other team ussually wins.

I myself have been on all sides of this coin. I have had a premade team that was full of guildies of different skill levels that lost several times. I fought against a premade team and won several times. I have fought against a premade team and lost as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

not all premades are dedicated pvp guild teams.

They are guilds that team up for guild missions to earn favour.

Or some of them are friends.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if solo querers got intimidated so badly that they actually play worse then then they normally do and get kitten d.

in PvP

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

The player base for pvp is actually large if we count every single person playing, but since everyone is spread out among divisions each one is fairly small giving us long queue times. There really isn’t a solution to fix this other than the game gaining more exposure to increase the player base. Even if adding more restrictions makes for an overall healthier pvp game mode it’s going to increase the queue time significantly more and do more harm than good.

The time anet announced that premades would never face 5x soloqers was more or less damage control from all the complaint threads to keep everyone somewhat happy even after they publicly told us it only accounts for less than 1% of all matches.

I believe there’s not much to do to fix pvp other than wait for their next expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Edit: Lol, forgot to add the picture.

Not full premade but I got this (See picture) match a little while ago.

Not only where they 3 diamond in a team but they got another diamond soloQ player vs 3 rubys 1 diamond and 1 sapphire… Sure their team had a emerald and we Rubies are maby close to diamond but come on that should not even count in this matchmaking. Also the whole team played like gods, they where awesome, way out of my league.

Almost a freakin 1 solo 4-man team of pro’s against 3 soloQ and a Duo and we all where totaly outplayed, no one was complaining or yelling on eachother, we all did the best we could.

Attachments:

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

in PvP

Posted by: Xoloitzcuintli.7283

Xoloitzcuintli.7283

Yeah, I know your pain.
The worst part of my experience in this season is I feel like a free pip to farm in almost every match. Every kittening match when I’m with my loose strick (around 20~). My true and glorious Mmr decided to pair me with pug team vs premade or team 3-2 ppl. Always.
Just tell me arena, is this what u really intended to create? Is this the true joy of pvp match? How can I manage to get out of this madness? What am I supposed to do? Get gut? My mmr is just broken.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Anet do something, I keep having useless saphires or worse on my team because other diamonds teaming with them. I rather wait 20min for a game than having people waste my pips.
As of now I just put those people on my blocklist as a punishment so they can at least not bother me in pve.

EDIT: again emerald in my team – lost

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Just had amber+ saphire and 2 thieves in my team, needless to say we lost. They already started rushing lords when we had like 100 points and enemies tri cap. It was utter crap, no idea why this is even allowed and why I can loose pips for it.

Give us a true soloQ again with profession based MMR, because this is quite frankly unacceptable.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

NO idk why people associate premades with good teams the Que times are already killer like 20 mins plus for 5 mans its insane considering this game is said to be MMO is it not the point to play with friends…

i mean there should be a incetive to playing with friends not the other way around… spvp is already bad enough with people not wanting to que together based on que times and the often times of increasing the difficulty of matches since the current system scales to the top player on your team(this system is needed dont get me wrong)

all in all what needs to happen is maybe a PIP forgiveniess if you lose to a team with 2 or more partied players… for insance if a team of 1 duo and 3 solo vs a 4 man premade and 1 solo …… if the 1 duo and 3 solo loses they dont lose pips or maybe if the game was in a certain point margin…..dont punish players who want to play together

in a perfect world 5 man premades would only play premades but even my guild which was number 1 on the leader boards 3 days ago achieved that via 3 mans bc 5 man ques were something out of a horror movie like a hour long at the legendary level… and if yall fill anything like me its not the loss that stings its that PIP loss of course this may make climbing to legendary to eazy but i think its the lesser of 2 evils

An example of a person who wants to stomp pugs. Here is the sad thing… this guy has no idea that by stomping pugs, you’ll just get those pugs to play less causing even longer queues. This guy also doesn’t realize that queues are a lot longer this season since people aren’t playing anymore.