give hot join more reward.

in PvP

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Hot Join should have more basic reward than Structured pvp
US solo que is so mess right now. This can keep newbs out of solo que.
Structured PvP can have some epic reward that need a long term play to redeem, and hot join should gave more basic reward in short term than Structured PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Structured PvP can have some epic reward that need a long term play to redeem, and hot join should gave more basic reward in short term than Structured PvP.

I’m honestly of the opinion that they should be equal, it’s more about style of play;
Team-q has the m ost chance to be real
Solo-q is people super-serious who can’t get a team (whether for time constraints or whatever)
Hotjoin is for people enjoying themselves and screwing around.

I’m kind of glad HJ gets less because it keeps the serious ragers moving up, but it becomes volatile.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

High ranked players should ge better rewards, as of now leaderboard rank 1-100 get the same rewards like unranked players.

Hotjoin is a mess, the rewards you get are good enough for the fact that you don’t even need to know what you have to do.

Get good and play rated matches. Not to sound harsh but casual play should not get rewarded any more.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

casual play should not get rewarded any more.

strong everything

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

High ranked players should ge better rewards, as of now leaderboard rank 1-100 get the same rewards like unranked players.

Hotjoin is a mess, the rewards you get are good enough for the fact that you don’t even need to know what you have to do.

Get good and play rated matches. Not to sound harsh but casual play should not get rewarded any more.

Why not? How does it hurt you if someone else gets crap you don’t care about anyways at the same rate?

Leave the q’s to people who actually want to get into the leaderboard, maybe fewer people will be trying to force themselves in just for faster rewards, which kind of has a negative impact on everyone.

Edit: Should make clear, HJ could have more or not, tiering the rewards is the issue. Make SQ and HJ both 5/2 and you’d get the same positive effect as them both being 10/3.

(edited by Windsagio.1340)

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I never understood why Pve players want better rewards for hotjoin, or why are they trying to farm soloque. If they don’t like PvP, why are they here? PvE pays better anyways.

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

I never understood why Pve players want better rewards for hotjoin, or why are they trying to farm soloque. If they don’t like PvP, why are they here? PvE pays better anyways.

People always want rewards, and (admittedly as a quirk of psychology) they feel like they’re wasting time if something is unrewarded or is less efficient in gaining rewards.

There are certain things that are far more efficient in pvp than pve (getting weapons from dungeon tracks, arguably maguuma track), but I think it’s mainly a feeling of inefficiency.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Hotjoin is a testing area for new builds. Hotjoin =‘s one team outnumbers the other (the majority of the time). It doesn’t show any skill and doesn’t help you learn how to pvp. It shouldn’t reward anything what so ever imo.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

Hotjoin is a testing area for new builds. Hotjoin =‘s one team outnumbers the other (the majority of the time). It doesn’t show any skill and doesn’t help you learn how to pvp. It shouldn’t reward anything what so ever imo.

Still hasn’t been answered, why not? How does it being rewarded help you at all, or help the people playing?

Rewarding hotjoin gets people into Pvp. That’s why they do it.

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

Still hasn’t been answered, why not? How does it being rewarded help you at all, or help the people playing?

It would encourage/reward bad behavior (spectating/team stacking). People do this enough as is for the meager rewards they get now. That wouldn’t get more people into pvp, it would push more away.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

It would encourage/reward bad behavior (spectating/team stacking). People do this enough as is for the meager rewards they get now. That wouldn’t get more people into pvp, it would push more away.

You think people wouldn’t do that anyways? People like to win and get stupid about it.

There’s bad behavior around hotjoin, but removing one of the main things that gets people to TRY pvp is not the answer.

In fact, it’s backwards. If you take rewards out of hotjoin then people who want those rewards will go to single-q. They’ll be even less ready, and they’ll be exposed to some of the angry people, who are in my experience more prevalent in the ranked modes.

That will turn people off a lot more than hotjoin team switching, which a lot of new people don’t even notice.

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The people who are playing hotjoin just for the rewards are the same people who are exploiting the games and making it a terrible experience for new players who actually have an interest in PVP. The exploiting reward farmers will never be a healthy part of the PVP community. If removing rewards gets them to leave, then so be it.

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

The people who are playing hotjoin just for the rewards are the same people who are exploiting the games and making it a terrible experience for new players who actually have an interest in PVP. The exploiting reward farmers will never be a healthy part of the PVP community. If removing rewards gets them to leave, then so be it.

Agreed. It would just increase the number of people joining just for the rewards, which would have a detrimental effect on the number of people joining who want to try pvp for pvp’s sake.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

You dont’ remove an incentive to fix an exploit, you fix the exploit. I don’t believe in ‘we had to kill it to save it!’ scenarios.

in PvP

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I do nearly 100% hotjoin, and I don’t think it deserves better rewards than structured pvp. You can quit hotjoin without penalty, you can join whenever you like. 500 points is enough. If anything, I’d maybe remove the limit on total points you can get per day in hotjoin, but it’s fine now.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Hot join doesn’t need better rewards, hot join needs a better structure , like converted in unranked queue with no autobalance but better system to fix 4vs5 (or similar) matches (like ready@queue pop and frozen system)

Soloqueue and Teamqueue needs better rewards, exclusive rewards for ranked matches (seasons and in general exclusive tracks).

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

Hot join doesn’t need better rewards, hot join needs a better structure , like converted in unranked queue with no autobalance but better system to fix 4vs5 (or similar) matches (like ready@queue pop and frozen system)

Soloqueue and Teamqueue needs better rewards, exclusive rewards for ranked matches (seasons and in general exclusive tracks).

How about all modes get equal base rewards, and you get LB rewards (scaled widely) for competitive rank? Win/win then.

in PvP

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

my idea would be.. reward only for your contributions to games not for win or loss. only cap points ( i know this would cause double capping.. maybe theres some way to discourage that) kills, objectives. so people are actually pushed to do the things that win games .. even if they are losing. it will help teach why they win or lose rather then just rushing mid and dueling then complaining about losing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Remove hotjoin all together.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

How about all modes get equal base rewards, and you get LB rewards (scaled widely) for competitive rank? Win/win then.

I think the actual reward track system is good and i dunno if scale system would be applicable to it.

Now you can exp everything in Hotjoin, yes there is a cap but at the end, without queue time, it’s faster than soloqueue and teamqueue.

For this reason i think soloqueue and teamqueue needs better rewards.

There is a good topic about extra rewards besides skins, i think there are good examples, exclusive tracks would be a really good incentive for a daily soloqueue and teamqueue.

And Seasons of course, for extra rewards linked to position in ladders.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

hotjoin doesn’t need better rewards, hotjoin needs removed or to be turned into an unranked soloQ.

plus, there needs to be a proper PvP tutorial. This training island is a bad joke in my eyes.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hotjoin is… a complicated beast. Sure, it’s there for quick pick-up matches and for people to test new builds, but let’s face it; it’s mainly full of people who are just there for the reward tracks. (Guilty as charged!)

There should definitely be better rewards for “proper” PvP, so I don’t think Hotjoin rewards should be buffed to match solo/team Queue, but I think there’s value in keeping Hotjoin as a fun, lite-PvP mode where winning or losing nets you similar rewards as long as you’re actively participating and contributing.

Removing Hotjoin altogether would be a grave mistake, I feel. It would raise the entry bar to PvP high enough that new players would feel discouraged from even trying. Without a constant influx of new blood, the “professional” PvP’ers would eventually stagnate and die as people get bored and move on to different games. I saw this happen back in GW1 with the Hall of Heroes. Experienced teams didn’t want to take anybody who didn’t have at least Rank 3, but that also meant that newbies couldn’t gain the experience they needed. So they got discouraged and quit. Meanwhile, the experienced teams then started complaining that they were just fighting the same old teams running the same old builds over and over. So THEY got bored and quit.

You need a large pool of rookies to constantly refresh the PvP circuit, or it WILL end up dying at one point.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If this is true, then Hotjoin should reward winning and losing equally.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

If this is true, then Hotjoin should reward winning and losing equally.

I agree, win/loss shouldn’t matter in hotjoin. It’s meaningless who won the match there anyways.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. My suggestion was to tie the reward balancer to picking the “Random Team” option. If you choose “Random” when you enter the match, you get a special buff that doubles your final reward (capped at the winner’s normal maximum amounts). This means that, when combined with the match duration for determining rewards, the best way to ensure you get maximum rewards is to join early and hit Random team, then stick it out to the end, win or lose. This should prevent people playing Autobalance Wars, or hanging out in Spectate waiting to see who’s the winning side before joining that one, resulting in a constant 4v5, because the longer you take to choose a team, the less rewards you’ll get.

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

It should be automatically random without extra rewards… if you want to do a specific comp 3v3 or whatever, that should be a custom arena.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

The only trouble with that approach is that I fear it wouldn’t dissuade players from simply ragequitting the moment they see their team losing. People join the server, see that they are down 50 – 150 and simply leave the server again, resulting in the losing team effectively being permanently understrength because none of the recent joiners want to stick around.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Who cares about hotjoin? With the constant joining, leaving and swapping teams it would be super silly to make it rewarding. But then again, casuals are gem buyers so..

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Remove going into spectator after choosing a team in Hot Join and you more or less fix team switching/stacking. The only way to get back on winning team is to remember which server you were on and then get your score back up if there’s even room on that team once you’ve left and rejoined.

Imo it’s the best solution as there is no reason at all to go back into spectator once you’ve joined a match. You can easily scope someone else next round OR whisper them if you’re curious about their build. Even if they don’t answer you, you had the chance to spec them before joining a team.

I can’t see any negative impact from doing this. Then rewards can be adjusted. I honestly think those that volunteer to go to the losing team should be rewarded more than 25 little pvp experience. At least then you get the win plus a nice chunk from being a good sport and going to help the losing side.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

^ This

/thread

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Windsagio.1340

Remove going into spectator after choosing a team in Hot Join and you more or less fix team switching/stacking. The only way to get back on winning team is to remember which server you were on and then get your score back up if there’s even room on that team once you’ve left and rejoined.

Imo it’s the best solution as there is no reason at all to go back into spectator once you’ve joined a match. You can easily scope someone else next round OR whisper them if you’re curious about their build. Even if they don’t answer you, you had the chance to spec them before joining a team.

I can’t see any negative impact from doing this. Then rewards can be adjusted. I honestly think those that volunteer to go to the losing team should be rewarded more than 25 little pvp experience. At least then you get the win plus a nice chunk from being a good sport and going to help the losing side.

This of course is the actual answer, fix the actual issue.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Hot Join Already has more reward than SPvP.

True, wins don’t give you as much glory, but games are one sided and shorter, wins are assured from autobalancing, you can join the winning side mid game, and you don’t have to wait 2 minutes just to play.

Hotjoin is capped, but it takes hours to hit the cap.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.