give me back ranked or let me ban maps

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i haven’t played skyham, bubbledash and wipeyard for quite a while and i’d like it to stay that way. those maps are kitten and even anet admits that by locking them out of ranked.
i don’t want to even have a chance at having to play one of those maps so anet basically killed pvp for me until the season starts.
gimme back proper pvp pls. srsly, pls. srsly. since hot i don’t give a kitten about pve and wvw has been boring since ever and now pvp is gone.
wot up gusi, lemme at least keep one activity in the game.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

If you really enjoy pvp that much, why let a couple of maps prevent you from playing? Those maps are not as bad as you folks make it out to be.

I’d rather adapt to certain environments than stop what I like doing completely.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

If you really enjoy pvp that much, why let a couple of maps prevent you from playing? Those maps are not as bad as you folks make it out to be.

I’d rather adapt to certain environments than stop what I like doing completely.

i enjoy proper pvp. those maps are an atrocity that by any means can not be called competitive. they all have huge factors that make them incredibly imbalaced.
and yes, having to play a map i utterly hate will keep me from playing pvp since the fun playing the others is not worth the boredom/frustration playing said maps.
there’s nothing to adapt to. i can play those maps and since i main engi i would even massively excel at them. however, those are not competitive maps and i’d rather not have to circumvent proper gameplay with op mechanics (knockback and pull on skyham; rocket shoes + blocks and fgs on bubbledash) for several minutes before i can play a proper map.
and yes, those maps are as bad as everybody says they are. even anet admits that by leaving them out of ranked.
that’s what ranked is for. having a at least map wise balanced environment where classes that have abundant access to specific mechanics can’t excel playerskill just because the map is built in a certain way.