giving up on gw2. other pvp mmorpg out there?

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

the key issues (camera, targeting, bad UI) that make pvp in this game annoying for experienced players are obviously not going to be addressed. they have been there since beta and they are here to stay. i would like some input from the pvp community, is there any other mmorpg (and i dont mean moba) that does not force you to grind pve in order to get gear/levels for pvp? i really dont care for pve or grinding in any mmorpg, i find it boring and inferior to singleplayer/coop experiences that some games (like skyrim for example) that focus that aspect can offer. i like how you can immediately jump into pvp in gw2 and be on even footing with more experienced players when it comes to gear, but i can no longer tolerate the camera having epileptic seizures or being forced to tab target thru pets/minions/turrets (or the kitten ed windows on battle for khylo) or not being able to see where my mouse pointer is. now i am no software engineer but it seems to me as if these issues could be handled quickly if someone actually cared about handling them. it seems to me like gw2 has become a game that focuses pve because those players give more cash for gems. i can only conclude that arenanet intends to focus on giving those players new content and more stuff to grind and not on addressing the key game breaking issues that pvp has. the last patch that broke matchmaking, removed solo q and introduced skyhammer into ranked arena certainly did not help making the pvp experience more enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

You have a problem with camera, targeting and the UI? Really?

btw: please use the enter button more frequently, not going to read the whole post with that formatting problem.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s why I stuck with GW2 because there’s no mmo like it atm. I’m hoping Camelot Unchained or EverQuest Next are great in the pvp department, so I can leave this game.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

ye im just waiting for another mmo too to finally leave this fail-game.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

There is none, Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars 1 have the best PvP in MMORPG, has been for years.

And you’re never going to find one that is better, Guild Wars 2 spoils their PvP players with giving them max levels and max gear.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

You guys feel THAT forced to play a game which you think sucks so hard? My kittening god.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

(edited by butch.8136)

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I’ll never go to a game where you have to mindless grind for PvP gear in order to compete effectively.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

There is none, Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars 1 have the best PvP in MMORPG, has been for years.

And you’re never going to find one that is better, Guild Wars 2 spoils their PvP players with giving them max levels and max gear.

I wouldn’t say “never”, but definitely not in the foreseeable future. That being, the next two years or so.

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Sadly you are right, and we are many here that will.. as soon as we get decent game with PvP similar to GW1/2 … I’ll leave this game, i’m GvG GW1 player, that had high expectations… and Anet fulfilled only 5% of what they hyped us for.. and that’s nice graphics and poorly managed upgrade of PvP system…

People who say that pvp players don’t care for outfit.. that’s a lie.. i like to collect items… just like i did in GW1 i’ve collected entire gear with grinding PvP.. and gear was just a side reward that you got for playing PvP.. i’ve enjoyed it.. and after a while bought some awesome skin.. And make some gold.. which was so much more rewarding and honourable to show… I’ve done something unique in this game.. what can we do in PvP GW2 ?? Almost zero or very little options…

Sorry to say Arena Net.. but let’s face the truth here:
GW2 has became “MILKING” game.. you get “FREE” game which you paid at least 55€..
And that doesn’t even include all armours and weapons available to unlock… F**KMY LIFE.. all great stuff is SPAMMED to the GEM STORE and you have to pay with GEMS.. or transfer Gold to GEMs and pay overprice by A LOT… So you are basically playing paid game, with in-game store.. which is nothing close to free… ALL They can say is “free of subscription” and that’s all… sadddd…

It’s just sad what GW2 has became… nothing near what GW1 PvP player would love to have.. PvE Players are forced to play Dungeons or Fractals to get decent gold.. World bosses aren’t even dynamic they are static.. World is nice but farm from entertaining to keep people all over the map. PvP and PvE are balanced from same team.. so no wonder PvP is nothing near balanced.. PvP is lacking of diversity.

EU/NA had to merge servers fast… But China servers had to merge in less then half year.. which is VERY SAD.. and shows how poorly this game has upgraded…

If you asking, only good thing about GW2 is graphics.. nothing else nothing more. If I would have chance to buy GW1 with GW2 engine… i would re-buy it…

GW2 gem store, market, and trading is a bad economic design.. one of the worst that i’ve seen for a while.

EDIT: Go for Black Desert game in 2015, i’m expecting it.. and i’m shifting to that as soon as i can, because after 2 years, i’ve lost hope upon Arena net, because they clearly showed that they COULDN’T CARE LESS for us PVP PLAYERS, SAD but TRUE.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Theres’ a lot of bad mmorpgs with pvp in them..

While GW2 has problems, I can’t name any b2p or even P2P game that’s even close, the only thing that comes to mind are moba’s FPS and super smash.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Ya theres, The Elder Scrolls Online.

They even have World vs World too!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

sadly no. the closest replacement for me is dota2 but that game makes me rage extra hard so I don’t play much.

there are two games that are pretty much gonna crush GW2 into nothingness unless ANet comes up with some new content: Overwatch and Gigantic (look them up on youtube). I see Overwatch absorbing just about every pvp’er from GW2 when it comes out, again unless ANet releases an xpac with some new weapons, maps and gamemodes.

ESO is really bad. try it out for yourself though. Camelot Unchained is so far away that there isn’t really any point discussing it atm, and im certain their combat mechanics and animations will be inferior. I have some hope for Skyforge, but it looks too Korean so I doubt many will be playing it.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

The best PvP MMORPGs?

GW1 then Gw2.
Gw1 PvP was always better because Gw1 had amazing build diversity and customisation. It meant that PvP was genuinely interest and different a lot of the time. Gw2 PvP lacks because people pretty much run the same one or two builds per profession and if they don’t then they are almost guaranteed to fail hard.
Gw2 still has the best PvP at the moment. That is because PvP is a big part of the game and other MMORPGs don’t have the same focus.

I think too many people rage on these forums,

more importantly I don’t think its appropriate to ask for other games to play on these forums either – its disrespectful imo

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Guild Wars 2 is the most well-rounded, well balanced MMO out there. Not to mention has the best combat. Won’t find a better MMO.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Hey I’m not a Gw2 Fanboy, and I’m barely playing anymore, but DO NOT try ESO. It might seem a funny game in the beginning, but you will find it a mess unfinished piece of s***t when you reach lvl cap ^

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

there are no other mmorpg out there gives all players equal access to same selection of stats for PvP.

sure, PvP in the secret world uplevels your character but what you wear is still important, kinda like being upleveled in GW2 WvW will still get you killed very easily.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

gw1 is good yea but I guess its dead now. Havent played it since i got banned 4 years ago lol.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

gw1 is good yea but I guess its dead now. Havent played it since i got banned 4 years ago lol.

i think people still play random arena.

why you got banned?

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

i think people still play random arena.

why you got banned?

I was bored of gw1, so I did some stupid stuff on purpose to get myself banned. I know its dumb but yea. ‘’ yolo ’’

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Gw1 PvP was always better because Gw1 had amazing build diversity and customisation. It meant that PvP was genuinely interest and different a lot of the time. Gw2 PvP lacks because people pretty much run the same one or two builds per profession and if they don’t then they are almost guaranteed to fail hard.

To be fair that is basically exactly how it was in GW1 as well. While there were loads of skills in GW1 very few were actually used and there were only very few of the builds that actually worked well in PvP.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@ a t s e.9614
ouch.

well for nostalgia reasons and not losing my guild leader status i still log into guild wars 1 from time to time.

@ lordkrall.7241
yeah, so many skills, but only a small handful of skill combinations are actually viable at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Seems all too common for people to trash talk GW2 while it’s pretty clear that there’s not really any better MMO PvP game out there…

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Seems all too common for people to trash talk GW2 while it’s pretty clear that there’s not really any better MMO PvP game out there…

aye, all other mmorpg pvp are gear based.
he / she who wears the better gear with bigger stats gets the advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

gw1 is good yea but I guess its dead now.

Actually, nope. There is a bigger competitive playerbase doing GvGs in GW1 than the GW2 competitive scene. But obviously on a casual level gw2 has a bigger PvP playerbase.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Type Guild Warts 2 4ums in browser!
Make post asking what other game there is to play!
You cray dawg!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

Srly? You come here, in a GW2 forum, to talk about a no-sense subject like another MMO, worse, in a PVP sub-forum?

PS: There is nothing like GW2 out there.

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I read the title of this thread and laughed. You seriously think there are better mmo’s out there? Well, I suppose each person is entitled to his opinion. But I just finished researching almost all available mmo’s out there and wasn’t impressed by any of them.

The only one I see with potential (And it hasn’t been released yet) is Black Desert but even that one doesn’t seem any better than Gw2 aside from perhaps character creation depth.

Good luck. Bruh.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

From time to time I play other mmos and some of them are quite good, but none of them have the focus on skill-based pvp that GW2 does. They are all mainly pve games with pvp tacked on or open world pvp games that require you to spend most of your time grinding to level/gear up (or a combination of that).

Also even from a camera/UI perspective few mmos are as well designed as GW2. After playing many mmos I have huge admiration for the way the GW2 is laid out, apart from a few things (like Asura), it is a very well thought out pvp focused game.

The only game I have seen that comes close to what you are looking for (a spvp replacement) is Gigantic- and that is still being developed. It may not even be that good for all we know. There is a game called Forge (on steam) which is sort of like GW2 spvp, but I thought it was crap (compared to GW2). There are a few other indi games like that around that I tried, but they are all clunky or empty.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

Gw2 is great for pve and barbie stuff but like most others rpg i’ve tried, it turned to be a brainless spamming fest with no concern at all about coherence. Seem like Guild War is still the only exception in term of rpg pvp.

But if you’re willing to trade your toon legs for wings or tracks, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzgPXOw2plI

Really steep learning curve but amazing game for pvp addicted!

Note : there is no mini there… so now you know

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Wait until 2016 for Lost Ark,maybe the next big thing watch 8 and 19 minutes trailers and Black Desert,not as impressive or balanced pvp wise so far I’m staying calm until I try both. I went from C9 to GW2 the combat there is great everything else,gear,lag,hackers,farming,.. went down #wastedpotential

Rumors of Blade and Soul coming in 2015 as well.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Personally I’m waiting for EQNext,
I hope its good, and it looks like it will be good however,
going to play it regardless if it sucks, just like how I’m playing GW2.
#BURN!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Gw2 is best, blah blah blah… it might be but it is not fun to play at all.

I come here often in hopes os good news but there’s not one positive thread on this forum so far. I’m playing another mmo probably inferior (pvp wise) to Gw2 bit at least I’m having fun, isn’t that what video games are about? Having fun?

Gw2 only gets me frustrated atm so until it gets fun to play again ill stay away from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Wait until 2016 for Lost Ark,maybe the next big thing watch 8 and 19 minutes trailers and Black Desert,not as impressive or balanced pvp wise so far I’m staying calm until I try both. I went from C9 to GW2 the combat there is great everything else,gear,lag,hackers,farming,.. went down #wastedpotential

Rumors of Blade and Soul coming in 2015 as well.

I wouldn’t count on Black Desert being remotely balanced as far as PvP’s concerned. I’ve been watching some of the newest gameplays, and the mobility all classes have is flat-out absurd. I couldn’t imagine being a Warrior going against Ranger or Sorcerer; it’d be like a crippled kid trying to fight Albert Wesker in RE5. The game looks great though, but so do most Korean games.

in PvP

rastaman.1905

That’s why I stuck with GW2 because there’s no mmo like it atm. I’m hoping Camelot Unchained or EverQuest Next are great in the pvp department, so I can leave this game.

ty for the input, i have some hopes for camelot unchained also, but it is still far away. did not know that there will be a new everquest, will check it out.

in PvP

rastaman.1905

i have done a lot of research and i have not found any better too. i would not say im being spoiled by max levels and gear, i would say i am getting what i am expecting out of a game that has decent pvp.

in PvP

rastaman.1905

Sadly you are right, and we are many here that will.. as soon as we get decent game with PvP similar to GW1/2 … I’ll leave this game, i’m GvG GW1 player, that had high expectations… and Anet fulfilled only 5% of what they hyped us for.. and that’s nice graphics and poorly managed upgrade of PvP system…

People who say that pvp players don’t care for outfit.. that’s a lie.. i like to collect items… just like i did in GW1 i’ve collected entire gear with grinding PvP.. and gear was just a side reward that you got for playing PvP.. i’ve enjoyed it.. and after a while bought some awesome skin.. And make some gold.. which was so much more rewarding and honourable to show… I’ve done something unique in this game.. what can we do in PvP GW2 ?? Almost zero or very little options…

Sorry to say Arena Net.. but let’s face the truth here:
GW2 has became “MILKING” game.. you get “FREE” game which you paid at least 55€..
And that doesn’t even include all armours and weapons available to unlock… F**KMY LIFE.. all great stuff is SPAMMED to the GEM STORE and you have to pay with GEMS.. or transfer Gold to GEMs and pay overprice by A LOT… So you are basically playing paid game, with in-game store.. which is nothing close to free… ALL They can say is “free of subscription” and that’s all… sadddd…

It’s just sad what GW2 has became… nothing near what GW1 PvP player would love to have.. PvE Players are forced to play Dungeons or Fractals to get decent gold.. World bosses aren’t even dynamic they are static.. World is nice but farm from entertaining to keep people all over the map. PvP and PvE are balanced from same team.. so no wonder PvP is nothing near balanced.. PvP is lacking of diversity.

EU/NA had to merge servers fast… But China servers had to merge in less then half year.. which is VERY SAD.. and shows how poorly this game has upgraded…

If you asking, only good thing about GW2 is graphics.. nothing else nothing more. If I would have chance to buy GW1 with GW2 engine… i would re-buy it…

GW2 gem store, market, and trading is a bad economic design.. one of the worst that i’ve seen for a while.

EDIT: Go for Black Desert game in 2015, i’m expecting it.. and i’m shifting to that as soon as i can, because after 2 years, i’ve lost hope upon Arena net, because they clearly showed that they COULDN’T CARE LESS for us PVP PLAYERS, SAD but TRUE.

ty for the input, will check out what black desert has to offer

in PvP

rastaman.1905

from what i have seen about eso you need to grind to be competitive in terms of stats/gear. that is not my thing, also monthly subscriptions are not my thing but i would consider subscriptions for a game with a good non grind based pvp experience.

in PvP

rastaman.1905

sadly no. the closest replacement for me is dota2 but that game makes me rage extra hard so I don’t play much.

there are two games that are pretty much gonna crush GW2 into nothingness unless ANet comes up with some new content: Overwatch and Gigantic (look them up on youtube). I see Overwatch absorbing just about every pvp’er from GW2 when it comes out, again unless ANet releases an xpac with some new weapons, maps and gamemodes.

ESO is really bad. try it out for yourself though. Camelot Unchained is so far away that there isn’t really any point discussing it atm, and im certain their combat mechanics and animations will be inferior. I have some hope for Skyforge, but it looks too Korean so I doubt many will be playing it.

ty for the input m8! never heard about overwatch or gigantic and i did make a lot of research. will make sure i keep an eye on them. i also have hopes for camelot unchained but its still far away. btw i am also very experienced with dota 1 and 2 and lol, but as you said those games make me rage a lot and i avoid playing them. going pudge mid and noone buys courier than the support guy (that does not know what wards are) starts looking at your inventory and commenting on the items you bought, because he is 0-10-0 and has so much time to do that while being dead and waiting for respawn. so much rage but those games sure do have one thing going for them, almost flawless technical side (unlike gw2), very few bugs, and very few lag problems. no camera or UI issues, at least none that i noticed.

(edited by rastaman.1905)

in PvP

rastaman.1905

The best PvP MMORPGs?

GW1 then Gw2.
Gw2 still has the best PvP at the moment. That is because PvP is a big part of the game and other MMORPGs don’t have the same focus.

I think too many people rage on these forums,

more importantly I don’t think its appropriate to ask for other games to play on these forums either – its disrespectful imo

i am a gw1 and gw2 veteran and i reserve my right to be disrespectful when my concerns regarding pvp are not being addressed. the fact that my concerns are not being addressed and i paid money for the game can also be considered disrespectful and inappropriate. as you said, gw1/2 is (sadly) the best thing out there when it comes to pvp based mmorpg at this point in time, can you think of a better community to offer me input on pvp based mmorpg?

in PvP

rastaman.1905

the game may be the best pvp mmorpg (not mmo, there are some very good pvp based mmo games out there) game at the moment, but it certainly is nowhere near satisfactory (which is proven by the lack of interest from the competitive community) due to its technical flaws. what you call trash talking i call criticism and it is important to point out the flaws of the game if you expect them to be corrected.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

i am not sure if your comment is referring to me but i think it is important to point out the flaws of a game if you expect them to be corrected. the fact that it seems that there is no better (at least at the moment) pvp based mmorpg (there are some good pvp mmo games though) game does not make gw2 perfect and it certainly does not make my objections misplaced.

I actually agree with you here. Still like GW2 lol just saying.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

rastaman.1905

Srly? You come here, in a GW2 forum, to talk about a no-sense subject like another MMO, worse, in a PVP sub-forum?

PS: There is nothing like GW2 out there.

if you have and idea about a pvp community that is better suited to answer my question, why dont you say which one it is? since gw2 pvp players are mainly playing gw2 because it does not force you to grind pve, i think my question is right where it needs to be. and i would argue that there are some games with better pvp than gw2, they just force you to grind pve and i dont like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

hopefully (black desert online) does not end up like archeage lol

C9,Vindictus and BDO have similar devs there is no trinity in the game and I don’t trust balance based on those two . So far to heal you use potions with CD and arena pvp is absent meaning open world season as soon as you reach 40 with PK and victim penalties the game got popular due the sandbox genre(housing,mount..) and graphics(customization,environment..). Sure it’s in beta but I prefer Lost Ark due to the company and dev.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

not to bum you out or anything but from what i have read/seen Camelot Unchained is NOT a pvp game and there will eb very little quality pvp in it. the devs are huge fans of pve mmorpg. it WILL suck.
just keep hoping the Black Desert gets its act together. that game is sick!

I have some hope for Skyforge, but it looks too Korean so I doubt many will be playing it.

its combat is ok, they have a long long long way to go to make it a quality game tho.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i couldn’t find anything decent yet…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

If you wanna play a sort of fun “pvp-esque” game you could try WvWvW in GW2 it’s completely different then actual pvp in this game.

For one thing It has absolutely no balance,
There’s no real need for it, because how else are you going to kill the PVE mobs? lol.

So there’s things like Food buffs, Consumeables, Ridiculous stat combinations, dire gear, perplexity runes, and Ascended infusions which grant an absolute advantage to those who are geared

The best part is you never have to play alone, you find the Blue (Now there are different colors but I like the blue ones! So Vintage) Triangle and follow it around running a champ train, and smashing into other zergs. This is my personally recommended playstyle, because it’s fun catching the 1 or 2 guys on the map you zoned into running from the bigger zerg and utterly crushing them under your feet. (They call this floating)

If you wanna roam by yourself, you better get all the advantages you can from a fat stack of gold; this means you need ascended, you need the 40% condition food (Holy kitten why wouldn’t you get this) You need the stupidly expensive runes, because all the other neckbeards have them, otherwise you’ll meet matchups where players open up on you with 12 stacks of confusion from stealth and you can do absolutely nothing, By the way Confusion wasn’t balanced in WVWVW and hits for like 3k a tick, so don’t try to heal, because your heal will literally outdamage itself if you have poison on you.

There’s no skill required either you either out-zerg them or they out-zerg you, or you out-gear/out-Food them in 1v1s, so no one ever gets mad and spams mapchat with their vitriol or gets mad when their pve mobs die.

ALSO The people in this PVE community are really nice.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Unless Blizzard is preparing a new MMO there is little hope of getting a quality game from the smaller companies. Even ESO, with all it’s effort, fail to provide convincing PvP and the class balance is much worse than Guild Wars 2.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Are you implying that WoW has balanced pvp? :/

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

^ Are you implying that WoW has balanced pvp? :/

^^this lol

gw2 is miles better in balancing than wow ever was

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>