giving up on gw2. other pvp mmorpg out there?

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

There are tons of games with better PvP than here.

But if you take the Korean Free to pay games, no matter how great the gameplay is, all the balance and pay to win problems will probably bring you back here.

PS: I wouldn’t expect a good gameplay from games like EverQuest Next and Black Desert.
Sand box games are too focused on building houses to care about PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

the key issues (camera, targeting, bad UI) that make pvp in this game annoying for experienced players are obviously not going to be addressed. they have been there since beta and they are here to stay. i would like some input from the pvp community, is there any other mmorpg (and i dont mean moba) that does not force you to grind pve in order to get gear/levels for pvp? i really dont care for pve or grinding in any mmorpg, i find it boring and inferior to singleplayer/coop experiences that some games (like skyrim for example) that focus that aspect can offer. i like how you can immediately jump into pvp in gw2 and be on even footing with more experienced players when it comes to gear, but i can no longer tolerate the camera having epileptic seizures or being forced to tab target thru pets/minions/turrets (or the kitten ed windows on battle for khylo) or not being able to see where my mouse pointer is. now i am no software engineer but it seems to me as if these issues could be handled quickly if someone actually cared about handling them. it seems to me like gw2 has become a game that focuses pve because those players give more cash for gems. i can only conclude that arenanet intends to focus on giving those players new content and more stuff to grind and not on addressing the key game breaking issues that pvp has. the last patch that broke matchmaking, removed solo q and introduced skyhammer into ranked arena certainly did not help making the pvp experience more enjoyable.

My guild and myself have alll moved to Rift. The pvp is extremely active. I havent had a queue time longer than 5 seconds. The only grind you have is for PVP gear, but that is done whilst doing PVP.

We are all on Seastone . More and more daily are joining us.

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

The best PvP MMORPGs?

GW1 then Gw2.
Gw1 PvP was always better because Gw1 had amazing build diversity and customisation. It meant that PvP was genuinely interest and different a lot of the time. Gw2 PvP lacks because people pretty much run the same one or two builds per profession and if they don’t then they are almost guaranteed to fail hard.
Gw2 still has the best PvP at the moment. That is because PvP is a big part of the game and other MMORPGs don’t have the same focus.

I think too many people rage on these forums,

more importantly I don’t think its appropriate to ask for other games to play on these forums either – its disrespectful imo

i am a gw1 and gw2 veteran and i reserve my right to be disrespectful when my concerns regarding pvp are not being addressed. the fact that my concerns are not being addressed and i paid money for the game can also be considered disrespectful and inappropriate. as you said, gw1/2 is (sadly) the best thing out there when it comes to pvp based mmorpg at this point in time, can you think of a better community to offer me input on pvp based mmorpg?

Constructive criticism is useful. But I maintain that it is disrespectful to ask for other game suggestions on gw2 forums.
Anet takes their time, we all know that. But I do believe they will address this issue eventually. There are tonnes of threads on it after all.
Its not that I disagree with your points though.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Constructive criticism is useful. But I maintain that it is disrespectful to ask for other game suggestions on gw2 forums.
Anet takes their time, we all know that. But I do believe they will address this issue eventually. There are tonnes of threads on it after all.

im actually impressed this thread was allowed to remain. most game forums i know would have taken it down and gave everyone who posted in it a warning.
personally i see nothing wrong with it. asking similar minds (like same games) what other games they enjoy. but i do see/respect both sides of it.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

The best PvP MMORPGs?

GW1 then Gw2.
Gw1 PvP was always better because Gw1 had amazing build diversity and customisation. It meant that PvP was genuinely interest and different a lot of the time. Gw2 PvP lacks because people pretty much run the same one or two builds per profession and if they don’t then they are almost guaranteed to fail hard.
Gw2 still has the best PvP at the moment. That is because PvP is a big part of the game and other MMORPGs don’t have the same focus.

I think too many people rage on these forums,

more importantly I don’t think its appropriate to ask for other games to play on these forums either – its disrespectful imo

i am a gw1 and gw2 veteran and i reserve my right to be disrespectful when my concerns regarding pvp are not being addressed. the fact that my concerns are not being addressed and i paid money for the game can also be considered disrespectful and inappropriate. as you said, gw1/2 is (sadly) the best thing out there when it comes to pvp based mmorpg at this point in time, can you think of a better community to offer me input on pvp based mmorpg?

i maintain that i my post is exactly where it needs to be, in the pvp section of gw2, where people that like non pve grind based pvp have conversations. if you have any idea on where i might find a larger number of pvp focused people that play mmmorpgs, let me know, i will ask them too.

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

i took a look at black desert and it looks awesome to say the least. however i anticipate that it will have the same problems like C9 (laaaaag), because the combat looks quite similar. i also expect loads of pve grinding for level/gear needed for pvp. i hope i am wrong because the game looks awesome, but i doubt it.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

im actually impressed this thread was allowed to remain. most game forums i know would have taken it down and gave everyone who posted in it a warning.
personally i see nothing wrong with it. asking similar minds (like same games) what other games they enjoy. but i do see/respect both sides of it.

Why close a thread when the consensus is that the best MMO PvP you’ll find is in either GW1 or GW2? =P