glass cannon>tanky/healer

in PvP

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

the trinity of cc dps support is broken from this patch…all classes got trait that made thing more bursty and the traits for more tanky or healer type build are not so great… just going on necro would like more prot to furth reduce the beserk dmg… or vampric pressence scalling like crap ……no healing power 31 per hit with 1200 healing power 38 per hit com on that should at least be 60 with that much healing power……but i cant even play tanky gaurd or ele cause there health pool cant take the hits like they used too…

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

been seeing some highly effective staff ele, guard and necro bunkers. if the other 4 guys are good, I think it’s nice having one bunker once again.

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

I kind of disagree. Yes, bunks cannot hold up nearly as long as they once could but we can play a role in a team fight. The bunk guard, previously was pushed out by ele and warrior, but I think with this patch we have pushed back in. We have pretty strong trait lines that clear a lot of condies and offer benefits for a team fight. Now, out of a team fight our worth drops a lot but you could compare that to the old AH build.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

the trinity of cc dps support is broken from this patch…all classes got trait that made thing more bursty and the traits for more tanky or healer type build are not so great… just going on necro would like more prot to furth reduce the beserk dmg… or vampric pressence scalling like crap ……no healing power 31 per hit with 1200 healing power 38 per hit com on that should at least be 60 with that much healing power……but i cant even play tanky gaurd or ele cause there health pool cant take the hits like they used too…

Try ele. Currently the best bunker and still does high dps.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Bunkers still exist. Problem is that there’s almost nothing in between full-on damage and bull-on bunker which works.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Bunkers still exist. Problem is that there’s almost nothing in between full-on damage and bull-on bunker which works.

Well, from bunkers you don’t have many options either. There’s quite a lot diversity in the dps specs, but that’s about it.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Started playing bunker necro with 4 signet procs 2 wells and plague bm, spite, curses. Your going to get a lot of damage from transfers while still remaining tanky with soldiers amulet, easily reaching 25 stacks of might.

It’s not really a full tank since their are tankier setups. I think it’s a different kind of hybrid necro, your missing some power damage from crits and ferocity but your transfers should make up for most of the damage at the same time being an amazing defensive tool.

I prefer soldiers over celestial but cele seems to work pretty decently as well.

But in the days since the patch I’ve seen alot of complants about the damage, when to me it’s not the damage I’m having any issues with its the CC. Every decent team I’ve run into now seems to be the same thing. Mesmer theif pain train which now has like 10 dazes they can use on a row. There is no way to survive it. Then it’s usually one or two eles an engi and either a guard or a warrior. But those three are just there to stay alive long enough for the pain train to burst down every player on the opposing team due to stun daze cc lock.

I necro needs a hard counter and it’s CC always was, now there’s like twice as much cc along with an increase in damage.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Started playing bunker necro with 4 signet procs 2 wells and plague bm, spite, curses. Your going to get a lot of damage from transfers while still remaining tanky with soldiers amulet, easily reaching 25 stacks of might.

It’s not really a full tank since their are tankier setups. I think it’s a different kind of hybrid necro, your missing some power damage from crits and ferocity but your transfers should make up for most of the damage at the same time being an amazing defensive tool.

I prefer soldiers over celestial but cele seems to work pretty decently as well.

But in the days since the patch I’ve seen alot of complants about the damage, when to me it’s not the damage I’m having any issues with its the CC. Every decent team I’ve run into now seems to be the same thing. Mesmer theif pain train which now has like 10 dazes they can use on a row. There is no way to survive it. Then it’s usually one or two eles an engi and either a guard or a warrior. But those three are just there to stay alive long enough for the pain train to burst down every player on the opposing team due to stun daze cc lock.

I necro needs a hard counter and it’s CC always was, now there’s like twice as much cc along with an increase in damage.

There is a way to survive it…and its called stability. This meta is probably going to end up looking like the meta during ToL 1 i.e cleric bunkers who revive and zerker/condi dps.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

There is a way to survive it…and its called stability. This meta is probably going to end up looking like the meta during ToL 1 i.e cleric bunkers who revive and zerker/condi dps.

Ok I mean there’s very little a necro can do against the pain train combo. Also most of the time those two are going to hit you from stealth so stab isn’t always possible

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Exasol.2765

Exasol.2765

Tank/heal Mesmer got super buffed. Been having a lot of fun. You have perma stability from shatters, as well as perma vigor, prot, and projectile reflect. crazy condi removal with mantra of healing, mantra of resolve, and condo removal on shatter.You can chain 12s of resistance with null field portal and time warp for your entire team making condi spikes useless. Insane team utility and healing, good stomper, good interrupts and lockdown. Despite all of the increased damage, I feel way more tankier than before the patch.