god bless you anet

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I have to say I am rather pleased with the changes in pvp. I would like to make a sugestion though. I greatly miss queing from pve, but then something occurred to me. Now that players must join from the heart of the mist, there is an opportunity here to make pvp free to play. Restricting reward tracks, and the high gold to gem ratio will place free to play accounts in pvp only for a considerable length of time. I love playing pvp, and the high number of players that would be gotten from a free to play model would fill the servers very quickly.

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Since when do you have to pay to play? This isn’t WoW….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

god bless you anet

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

You misunderstand me, I mean to say allow access to the heart of the mist with out purchase of the game. Make pvp a free download with restrictions. I think the games current infrastructure is perfect for this, although the gold to gem ratio may need to be higher. Maybe adjust the rewards for free to play accounts.

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Would kill pvp honestly. The amount of toxicity, trolling, abuse, etc would be out of control.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

^ Would kill pvp honestly. The amount of toxicity, trolling, abuse, etc would be out of control.

I wouldn’t say that, Dota2 and LoL are both free to play.

A game does not make itself a esport, the community makes a game a esport.

bigger community’s pros will definitely out shine cons by so many levels.

god bless you anet

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Ohhhhh hellll nawww! This is even worse of an idea. You do realize that GW2 and those other games are nothing alike. F2P as they may be, you still have to work for your gear and stuff or P2P to get it faster. GW2 requires NOTHING to be able to PvP besides being lvl 2. So you are either 1: Asking Anet to let in potentially millions of players that will spend $0 and time just to PvP? or 2: Changing GW2 PvP into a 80 only “must have gear” thing; so that these newly flooded trolls would have to spend time and or $$ to play. Neither of which is a good idea or will ever happen.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Ohhhhh hellll nawww! This is even worse of an idea. You do realize that GW2 and those other games are nothing alike. F2P as they may be, you still have to work for your gear and stuff or P2P to get it faster. GW2 requires NOTHING to be able to PvP besides being lvl 2. So you are either 1: Asking Anet to let in potentially millions of players that will spend $0 and time just to PvP? or 2: Changing GW2 PvP into a 80 only “must have gear” thing; so that these newly flooded trolls would have to spend time and or $$ to play. Neither of which is a good idea or will ever happen.

What? you have no idea what i just said, don’t you. LOL

god bless you anet

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

Hmm, guild wars pvp does have a somewhat steep learning curve. I do think that with a proper amount of tutorials this can be overcome and perhaps even timegating entry to competitive que would be a good idea.

god bless you anet

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

Also runes and sigils could be time gated also

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Can’t wait until pvp is f2p. The esports will be massive.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

I would rather put those resources into creating new game modes, maps and skills. Your idea is costly and might not even work the way you expect it. Besides, GW2 is cheap to play.

Signed, level 1 alt

god bless you anet

in PvP

GhOst.4019

I do know what you said. You just are not thinking of the repercussions of allowing this; or looking at it from an Anet perspective like Anet will…. GW2 is cheap and then free.. No reason to make it all free. It would not go over well.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

if this game became f2p i would quit. f2p games have the worst communities. it amazes me the # of horrible people a 1 time $20-40 fee keeps out. id rather see the game go sub-based before f2p.

what keeps a game from going esports is the ease of which it is to follow. LoL, starcraft, etc made it because it is a simple concept that anyone can figure out within a couple minutes of watching. honestly i cant think of a game in all of esports that was/is successful and complicated to follow. yes the advance gameplay is complex but it doesnt appear that way when watching it.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I like the idea, I would be able to make a euro account and play there fo free and a lot more people would come to the pvp scene. As for the toxicity, whoever made that post has obviously never done high level pvp because everyone already hates each other.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Have u played a f2p game in your life?

Do you want a pay to win pvp game?

Please stop thinking with your a**

god bless you anet

in PvP

RusShiro.9241

Having a larger pool of pvp players would not be a bad thing.

god bless you anet

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Quality>quantity . Not all f2p games have a side terrible community you find it mostly in popular ones but an healthy one will exist,the fact that none(so far) can block or remove the bad one as wells as trolls,hackers,bots is a turn off no matter how good the game is, and that comes from my years playing C9(slowly dying and turning into a different type of mmo).

Short : bad idea…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread