healing signet (venting thread)

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i cant imagine any game allowing disbalance like war healing signet going unchecked for so long.

if one looks through my threads, 10 are pro gw2 may be one critical, but this is impossible. just out of hotjoins, 7/15 players were un-killable.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

One of the things that sold me so much on this game at the start was, “PvE and PvP skills will be split”. The reason I liked it was because I thought there would be a PvP Balance team that didn’t have to answer to a PvE Balance team.

The way it appears, there is a PvE balance team, and when they make a change that breaks PvP, it takes an act of congress to get it reverted.

That’s not exactly the vision that I had in mind pre-launch…

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

dunno, may be im acting on rage, but i just renewed my wow sub.
didnt mama tell me: stick to the brand!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

So you mean there was decap engineer’s+ PU mesmers+sword thieve’s+ terrormancers+hammer warrior’s+Bunker guards…is this what you mean by unkillable?

All these professions have unkillable builds. (Unkillable basically meaning very-very difficult to down and a single missed skill will allow them to escape.)

Warriors are the easiest of this list to down. The rest are just not represented as much as warrior, but that doesn’t mean they are less difficult. Many are more difficult to nail down. Warrior was no access to every boon, pulls, pushes, stealth, teleports, clones or a near infinite amount protection, regen,cleanse.

Please be a little more balanced. Warrior is far from the biggest offender. It is just the one offender that is seen often.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

^—— lol warriors so meta they don’t even see what they have.

Access to every boon: thieves and wars have the fast recharging elites that they can spam without having to worry about saving it fore that dire moment making Lyssa runes the best suited for them.

Pulls: war doesn’t need them they have plenty of gap closer as well as snares.

Pushes: if you’d explore outside the meta you’d find hammer 4, kick, rifle 5, rampage 2 all do something your looking for… As well as there’s launches like stomp and rampage 5.

Stealth: don’t need it movement skills provided gap closer as well as provide escape. If you really want to be invisible use one of your blast finishers into a friendly smoke field.

Clones: I don’t get the point your trying to make here unless it’s just a random complaint against mesmers. That’s more of a bad design flaw that just won’t be changed. Trust me I’d kill to have what mesmers could do in gw1. Sadly there’s no energy to deny, no hexes and the interrupts in this game self punish more then to the opponent.

Teleports: prolly is tough loosing a victim to a cliff teleport but everyone needs a disadvantage.

Near infinite amount of protection: you talking about the buff? Having one of the highest armor rating along with one of the highest hp pools a healing skill that doesn’t require anything but to be on your bar and never activated, healing power combined with defense with desirable traits isn’t enough that you need more protection? No thxs

Regen: now your just trolling

Cleanse: is pretty kitten good as it is now.

The easier a build is to play while still being fun the more often it is seen. While some suggestions are valid others are just still attempts to try to god mode a profession they like.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: Baughy.6971

Baughy.6971

Agreed, for something that you don’t have to worry about activating, its pretty strong. I wonder how it compares to the other classes heal signet. I play an ele, and it gives half the health a warrior gets, per spell cast (392 per second vs 202 per cast). Its not a bad heal if ur playing d/d and casting a lot, however, you have to caste two spells every second to get the same health a warrior gets with no effort.

(edited by Baughy.6971)

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Unfortunately making one or few classes overpowered and few not viable for a period of time and then swap their positions is the way this game is balanced.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

I normally play an engi or a necro. For the longest time I was stubborn and used the old HgH nades engi and the terrormancer build. I have recently switched to a “bunkerish” far point assault engi and a gasp MM power necro if I need to hold home.

Hey guys – guess what? I also play a hambow warrior! I am playing the warrior just until I get the title and then I’ll move on to ranger or ele.

I used to complain about the healing signet being OP. Truth is – the healing signet is the last thing you should be concerned about!

The fact that I can remove 3 conditions while using burst with my bow…now THAT is OP. Hell I don’t even have to hit anything! The fact that I can get 16 secs of stability via a stance and a signet…now THAT is OP. The fact that I can use Lyssa runes and Signet of Rage (pure condi clear) along with Bezerkers stance (8 sec condi immunity)…now THAT is OP.

That is just from the silly hambow spec I use. What is more OP than that? Usually it is another warrior build

So yeah – the healing signet is the least of your worries.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Condi removal is only an issue for condi builds. Healing signet is an issue for all builds.

I don’t play a condi class as main so Healing signet is on my priority list to complain about until something drastic changes.

(edited by Stogzlol.4795)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Condi removal is only an issue for condi builds. Healing signet is an issue for all builds.

I don’t play a condi class as main so Healing signet is on my priority list to complain about until something drastic changes.

Except with builds that actually has dps.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Except with builds that actually has dps.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say? Builds without condi aren’t dps?

in PvP

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

The fact that I can remove 3 conditions while using burst with my bow…now THAT is OP. Hell I don’t even have to hit anything! The fact that I can get 16 secs of stability via a stance and a signet…now THAT is OP. The fact that I can use Lyssa runes and Signet of Rage (pure condi clear) along with Bezerkers stance (8 sec condi

3 Conditions only if you have 3 bars of adren. And if they dont dodge/blind/etc. If you are facing a weak condi-spec its not much of a problem but against heavy condition it wont be enough. Even so, the longbow has the advantage of not needing to hit anything and that would be a longbow problem not a warrior problem.

16secs of stability? Great, if you give up 2 utilities for just that…

Lyssa runes a problem? You should see thieves. Not exactly a problem uniquely to warriors.

Berserk Stance OP? in the whole 60s CD it has do you burst all your conditions and now completely useless? This feature only forces you to be more strategic in how you fight, I suppose if someone likes face-rolling that 8secs would be a problem. (Note: Berserker stance does not remove condi, it only prevents any further condi).

Warriors are overrated, they are perhaps the easiest class to play with a strong build but any other class with a good player can beat a warrior. So I think it is a little more than the fact that they have easy accessible traits.

(edited by Diba.4682)

in PvP

Diba.4682

Healing Signet:

Pros:
1. Heals over time, healing will start right as you take damage.
2. Strong vs weak damage builds, especially with high armor rating.
3. Continual healing so constant pressure is needed from the opposing player.
4. No cast time and therefore cannot be interrupted.

Cons:
1. Weak vs high damage or burst builds (and therefore not recommended for glass cannons)
2. No quick recovery (in emergencies warrior must rely on blocking and dodging capabilities to buy time for heal)
3. Constant poison will hinder the healing effects so can be weak vs heavy condi builds (countered by cleansing ire, but poison still effects those few seconds whereas single healing abilities one can remove poison before healing)

The main problem with this ability is that it offers the warrior everything, what other classes have to trait hard to get, in a single ability. Honestly though if it were to be removed, nerfed, w/e, Warriors will basically lose their survival capabilities and be the worst class in pvp. The lost in healing capabilities in the signet will have to be made up through other traits and how to do that is not automatically obvious -something is going to seem “OP.” The reason the Healing Signet has been left alone for this long is because it is not as OP as the community thinks.

In fact there are other classes out there that can survive way better than the warrior and outlast the warrior in a fight by: 1. maintaining pressure, 2. avoid hits, 3. heal back any loss during stuns. These classes are typically thieves, mesmers, and rangers. The real reason (imo) that the warrior is able to pressure those classes and win is because they have hammer/longbow. The hammer has aoe stuns so if the enemy stealths or w/e they can easily land a blow in the area and hit for massive damage and prevent enemy mobility (same with longbow which is used by the top two warrior pvp builds). Because the hammer has this capability there is no need to equip physical utilities and instead use the open slots for even more protection. Anyone other warrior build is going to struggle to keep pressure on their target without the use of CC, and that means they have to use their utilities for CC rather than protection making them much weaker. If this is the major contributor for warrior victories, then Healing Signet has little to do with it. When the ham/bow build uses protection for utilities it makes the Healing signet seem more powerful than it actually is.

The problem adds on, if the CC is removed then the warrior’s capability for damage is fairly easy to avoid. So the overall structure needs help. To review: if the warrior’s damage is lowered then there is practically no point to a warrior (suppose to be a strong melee class) and the warrior fails the role according to the devs. If the healing/surviving is removed the warrior dies too easily. If the CC is removed the warrior is going to have a frustrating time keeping up with everyone else and will lag.

(edited by Diba.4682)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

HS itself isn’t an issue, it is combination of traits + HS tbh… too much passives

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Diba.4682

^combination of HS +5 other immunities, and if they are not immune, your stunned.

(edited by Diba.4682)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I just played WvW for a bit- warriors (HS) even more OP there.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

There are much bigger problems than healing signet. Really who cares about balance at this point. It is so minor. Stupid trait lines, sigils, runes, bad skills = these are the priorities and the things that add replay-ability. As well as new game modes

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

My problem with Healing Signet is that it completely removes an aspect of gameplay that all other classes must actively manage.

Warriors actually hurt themselves by using the active heal on the healing signet.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I still see decay engis and mm necros as worse abominations than HS, triple stance Warriors (and I’m playing Condi necro these days).

Still, I must admit that people saying “eh, bring poison” or “they are weak to high bursts” really don’t know what it means to fight a warrior with any other class.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

So you mean there was decap engineer’s+ PU mesmers+sword thieve’s+ terrormancers+hammer warrior’s+Bunker guards…is this what you mean by unkillable?

All these professions have unkillable builds. (Unkillable basically meaning very-very difficult to down and a single missed skill will allow them to escape.)

Warriors are the easiest of this list to down. The rest are just not represented as much as warrior, but that doesn’t mean they are less difficult. Many are more difficult to nail down. Warrior was no access to every boon, pulls, pushes, stealth, teleports, clones or a near infinite amount protection, regen,cleanse.

Please be a little more balanced. Warrior is far from the biggest offender. It is just the one offender that is seen often.

Terrormancer unkillable? It’s one of the easiest things to kill in the whole game.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

hey when my terrormancer can heal through your dps then we’ll talk…

healing sig isnt op.. thats why every single war runs it…

Warriors are so broken right now It’s not even funny. Like the joke is over lol What do you see now in spvp? Warriors.. thieves…

cant go one game without those two. always if not full of wars and thieves. Thieves permastealth or blinking everywhere and dealing stupid damage. lol whatever man. Then they go hide when they might die.. ez. EASY AS HELL.XD