high risk= high reward ????

in PvP

Posted by: Roy Dreadstorm.2093

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

as an exemple (i play both class thats why i’ll tell about them here , test done in the mists with same marauder and sigils on em) :
take (2) of ranger’s greatsword : 3k2 crits on plate; melee AND 6sec cd (it’s theorically high risk high reward) . i test on plate armor
now just take dh’s (2) longbow : 5k2 crits on plate ; ranged AND 4sec cooldown soTHIS IS MEANT TO BE a low risk low reward right ??? , yet it’s a low risk MAXI reward , i can go along like this with tons of new skills and don’t even say to me “ranger’s have pet” , we all know where is the pet’s places in pvp right now , u let it at the base to play with the lord
this kind of broken new skill need imperatively to be looked out , i’m aware the paladin is fragile but heh don’t u feel too untouchable with all these blocks and invuln ?? me yes i do and i hate to go back on my ranger to take more damages , get less rewards on landing my skills and being for exemple forced to slot a trait that ALLOWS me to shot through people (bowladin doesn’t care it’s already gettin through without any traits)

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Guardian do not use Longbow → Dragon Hunter does → Dragon Hunter requires to buy HoT → aka Longbow needs to appeal more → buff Dragon Hunter and Longbow so people in ESL use it over old builds

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

this game is so funny right know , u love a class since years and then u buy HOT and BOOM ur fav class becomes nothing compared to it , it just steals and improves everything the LBranger and trapperRanger has , EVEN this AA on lb is better than the ranger’s one —’
i don’t talk about traps there they aren’t at my sight the true problem
i’m just talkin about damages on paper , u should not be able to land a fully 5-6k crit on plate EVERY 4sec at a ranged spec ! i’m not even doin 5-6k damage on 2 lb with the ranger that is channeled on 2.5sec cast and 8sec cd !

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Lb ranger is gone guys. Dead. Squished. They took an archer class that desires to be a better aecher and made it a tank/ healer class. Whereas other tank healer class that desires improvement is forced to become an archer class with traps. Fudge logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

as an exemple (i play both class thats why i’ll tell about them here , test done in the mists with same marauder and sigils on em) :
take (2) of ranger’s greatsword : 3k2 crits on plate; melee AND 6sec cd (it’s theorically high risk high reward) . i test on plate armor
now just take dh’s (2) longbow : 5k2 crits on plate ; ranged AND 4sec cooldown soTHIS IS MEANT TO BE a low risk low reward right ??? , yet it’s a low risk MAXI reward , i can go along like this with tons of new skills and don’t even say to me “ranger’s have pet” , we all know where is the pet’s places in pvp right now , u let it at the base to play with the lord
this kind of broken new skill need imperatively to be looked out , i’m aware the paladin is fragile but heh don’t u feel too untouchable with all these blocks and invuln ?? me yes i do and i hate to go back on my ranger to take more damages , get less rewards on landing my skills and being for exemple forced to slot a trait that ALLOWS me to shot through people (bowladin doesn’t care it’s already gettin through without any traits)

You are looking at it wrong way.
Why wont you compare RF to TS.
1.400 (10x) vs 932 (1x) base dmg.
Track trough stealth – NA
Movable – Rooting
10 vul – Pierces
10sec cd (8 traited) – 4 sec cd.
2 dodges – 1 dodge : nullfies dmg.

compare maul to ww better.

Btw HoT pets are awesome they deal great dmg.
You should play DH little more and stop judging.

This game does not have Paladin class.

If you don’t own HoT I suggest you buy one.

Cheers.

i’m just talkin about damages on paper , u should not be able to land a fully 5-6k crit on plate EVERY 4sec at a ranged spec ! i’m not even doin 5-6k damage on 2 lb with the ranger that is channeled on 2.5sec cast and 8sec cd !

You are not doing 6k dmg on RF, Houston we have a problem. Maybe it’s not DH maybe its your build.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

im specially comparing there a mele skill vs a ranged skill to get the high risk/high reward subject under the spotlight and there u come to compare the both longbows , r u ?……
and btw that was an exemple …
OFC IT TRACKS unless this skill would be nearly non-sense to land since there is so much reflects , blocks and invuln everywhere
i hope u realize dat doing more damage on 1 hitting skill than 10 arrows in a row is far better … + the cd of 4sec compared to 8
do i have to remind u dat bristleback doesnt even land his skill if you’r not on the same ground lvl as your foe ?
do i have to remind u dat smokescale is now just a pet for kd’s ? no more spaceburst , no more viable f2 skill
and to have pets dat deal much damage is fine dude , but they have to land their attacks , dat is not the case 75% of time when fighting any foe
i don’t even want to play more DH , i know by simply doin few games on it that its far more reliable than the actual lb ranger , period

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

man as i said i play marauder not your cheesy zerk one and yes i do not crits for more than 6k on plate with a standart power ranger build , if u do more just tell me how , go on the plate golem and do ur RF without any buff any boon anything, just please

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

You are not doing 6k dmg on RF, Houston we have a problem. Maybe it’s not DH maybe its your build.

I just jumped into HotM to check the numbers on a Heavy Golem using Marauder Amulet. (Without any boon, just with the vulnerability RF provides for itself) Rapid Fire maxed at 6.3k with full 10 crits. But since it is really rare, that all 10 attacks are critting and since it takes a lot of time for every arrow to hit, it leaves a lot more of counterplay than true shot.

Comparing numbers to a ranger/druid without a proper dps meter is not useful anyway, since you would have to include the pet damage.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

I just jumped into HotM to check the numbers on a Heavy Golem using Marauder Amulet. (Without any boon, just with the vulnerability RF provides for itself) Rapid Fire maxed at 6.3k with full 10 crits. But since it is really rare, that all 10 attacks are critting and since it takes a lot of time for every arrow to hit, it leaves a lot more of counterplay than true shot.

Comparing numbers to a ranger/druid without a proper dps meter is not useful anyway, since you would have to include the pet damage.

this.
yes it’s not even logic to compare on just skills like that but when i stepback and have a look at all skills , it’s the same kitten thing and now i can just understand why the DH is so awfully represented nowadays …
and i have to particulary get ur attention there , i aint compaining about DH in a whole , im fine with him in a ranger state no prob to take ’em down but i can just realize dat all my skills on DH r just the same as rangers one except they offer better option to teamplay and better damages will lower cd , non-sense

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

What’s a paladin, are you stuck in a different game?

As for risk vs reward, it’s always had issues and things you see in ESLs are generally low risk high reward. Expect a few things to be toned down when the next round of balance patches hit but a lot of the new stuff is going to be strong to be nice and shiny.

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

paladin guardian , same awfull thing to me , it’s a warrrior dat need helps of a god to stay in life , pop invuln and blocks/absorbs like in wow for exemple

in PvP

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Guardian do not need any gods.

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

hahah You guys still dont see that anet doesnt like high risk high reward playstyle simply cuz players not understanding risk factors of other classes tend to whine something is overpowered.
There are classes that require skill and taking risks like mesmer or thief that are basically beeing destroyed by anet. Have you guys seen any thieves or daredevils in ESL? Mee Too…

There are classes that require almost no brain to be good at, no understanding of enemy class, that with single button can force whole enemy team to start playing defensivly. And Guards like how anet threats them, buff here and there, it took them kittenload of time to see how bugged DragonMaw is.

There are things you can overcome with skill in this game, but sadly there are also just things you will always fail no mather how good you are and how bad enemy is.

Ever tried to solo DH as Thief? there is almost no chance to win, best you can do is reset fight and GTFO, cuz he will just destroy you with traps and CC, Once yoy get dragonmawed is GG, if you get Trapped by Test you wont be able to Shadowstepp cuz for some reason Anet things its ok if TELEPORT AWAY from CAGE should KNOCK me/burn me/1shot me.

COMPARE any spell on any class to backstab. It wil be fun ride.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

(edited by Mefiq.7039)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

tested on golem heavy….
DH – marauder amulet – trapper runes (to be fair)
Ranger – marauder amulet (should use berserker) – trapper runes
sigils air- fire combo with energy.
———-same rune – amulet——-

Results:
Rapid fire : 5500-6000 average (6200-7500 with berserker)
TS: 4000-4100 average

5k2 TS? Houston we have a problem.

I just need to stop arguing with ppl who don’t even play competitive pvp and who think Paladins are OP in gw2.
Over & out.

Attachments:

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

I’m a guard and I wish to heal and protect people, you rangers want to pew pew. Anet gives rangers healing and protecting and guardian pew pew. FML

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

DH without any boons/conditions only do about 4.3k crit True Shots. The big True Shot damage comes from all the Guardian’s trait modifiers like max range, against burning, while in symbol, against cripple, against tether; plus might/vulnerability stacks.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I’m a guard and I wish to heal and protect people, you rangers want to pew pew. Anet gives rangers healing and protecting and guardian pew pew. FML

This is the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

A better example would be thief’s bound dodge. High damage just for dodging. Basically no risk for medium/high reward.

But this game isn’t based on balance so I’m not even sure why we are having this discussion.

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

tested on golem heavy….
DH – marauder amulet – trapper runes (to be fair)
Ranger – marauder amulet (should use berserker) – trapper runes
sigils air- fire combo with energy.
———-same rune – amulet——-

Results:
Rapid fire : 5500-6000 average (6200-7500 with berserker)
TS: 4000-4100 average

5k2 TS? Houston we have a problem.

I just need to stop arguing with ppl who don’t even play competitive pvp and who think Paladins are OP in gw2.
Over & out.

i think i just need to stop askin u for a logic answer btw it’s still criting for 5k2+ on me , dunno what u’r doin with your nasty fingers

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

there u go … sloted the same kitten sigils and runes on both and it still crits for 5k more , sometimes less than 5k , u know , landing 6k3 damage on ranger is THE MAXIMUM u could do since there is 10 arrows there and they all have to crit to do this , now if u can’t understand dat RF is 10 more counterable than this nasty TS , well i can’t do anymore for ur stupidity

Attachments:

in PvP

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

and i may run with erudits runes that still not highlights the problem there so don’t even bother urself to gimme an answer again and again with pathetic arguments , facts R THERE , on paper