how do you kill turret engineer?

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

As question. When I play turret engineer I found myself nearly invisible in lower tier arena, and when I face turret engineer on other class, I always loss.

That being said, once in a while I face an actually good players, for example a good warrior and he beat me everytime when I try to hold a point.

I take that people in upper tier knows how to counter turret engineer. Can give some pointers?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Two options:

1. They go in and 2v1 the engi (out rotate the other team)
2. They waste a lot of time trying to 1v1 the engi. They may win, but the time investment isn’t worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

there are three ways to exploit a turret engis weakness.

#1: Kill the kittening engi.

I know they’re tanky, but as an engi they are particularly weak to conditions. Conditions are effective because of their extremely limited condi clear (just like all engis).

Another thing to note is their single stunbreak that requires their thumper turret to be destroyed/not placed. If you walk up to a point with a turret engi and see his thumper turret, CC him!

#2: DESTROY THE ROCKET TURRET ASAP

This little guy is very weak to large amounts of physical damage but constitutes about 75% of a turret engis damage…. If an engi’s rocket turret is down, he wont have it back by the time he’s dead more than likely. Any other turret (except for net turret) is NOT worth focusing.

#3: Fight the engi before he lays down his turrets.

It’s usually not good advice to go ahead and fight in roads, but a turret engi is literally a sitting duck without his turrets up. If I know a turret engi died recently, I’ll usually go attempt to fight him in the roads as a high DPS class. This makes sure the turret engi is either forced to lay his turrets where they won’t be effective or I’ll just straight kill him.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

what if enemy team has 2 turret engis…<_<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

what if enemy team has 2 turret engis…<_<

Same thing that Oeggs stated…..just use 2 people instead of 1. It’s a number matching game. If your 2 are fighting their 2, that leaves 3v3 elsewhere. If they are just going to have 1 turret engi sit on their home point all match, then you have 5v4 on the other 2 points and you win. Engi never engaged and useless. If you have issues with them and they both go mid (example) then rotate far instead. I know some people think you have to do a 1/4 split every time, but that is far from correct.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Cynz.9437

what if they have 3 turret engis

All is Vain~

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Then you win, because that is just a terrible team comp. Ask why all the 5 turret engi teams pretty much disbanded when they thought it would be OP. It’s a joke and an easy way to lose. Any minimal competent team at that point will stuff their turrets back up their kitten .

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

3 engi …so just 4v1 the whole map making them respawn and losing time

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Then you win, because that is just a terrible team comp. Ask why all the 5 turret engi teams pretty much disbanded when they thought it would be OP. It’s a joke and an easy way to lose. Any minimal competent team at that point will stuff their turrets back up their kitten .

i actually have faced 4 turret engi + 1 bunker guard team before… worked really well for them
2-3 sets of turrets at mid with guard, 4 engis roaming with 4 crates and still 1-2 sets of turrets

All is Vain~

in PvP

GhOst.4019

i actually have faced 4 turret engi + 1 bunker guard team before… worked really well for them
2-3 sets of turrets at mid with guard, 4 engis roaming with 4 crates and still 1-2 sets of turrets

If they won then I got nothing to say. Maybe the loss wasn’t your fault so I won’t say l2p issue; but maybe for your teammates it is. Only way that team comp would work is in the lower (lower than low) lvls of PvP.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If they won then I got nothing to say. Maybe the loss wasn’t your fault so I won’t say l2p issue; but maybe for your teammates it is. Only way that team comp would work is in the lower (lower than low) lvls of PvP.

and now add the fact that tpvp and soloq got merged~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I also faced a team with 4 turret engi and a dps guard 2 days ago. I were in a group of 4 and my team did a mistake not trying to zerg points instead of splitting 2 to close and 3 to far. The fights were dragged and it became worse every time they reopened and returned to the fight. Thanks for the pointers, tho.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im not the best vs turrent engineers but i do well with my stances warrior and my staff ele. I agree though some elite players just know how to kill turrent engineers. I had 1 match where i camped home and the other 4 went mid. This thief came to me everytime and beat me 3 times in this match it didnt take him longer then 1 minute to kill me. I was in shock since i had never lost to a thief on my turrent engineer. Also another person i lost to was this pure dps axe warrior. I hadnt seen many but he put on a stance where i couldnt apply condtions and then in like 3 hits he killed me.

I personally dont know a specific way to kill turrent engineers, all i know is that on certain classes i can beat a turrent engy and other classes i cant.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

As question. When I play turret engineer I found myself nearly invisible in lower tier arena, and when I face turret engineer on other class, I always loss.

That being said, once in a while I face an actually good players, for example a good warrior and he beat me everytime when I try to hold a point.

I take that people in upper tier knows how to counter turret engineer. Can give some pointers?

roll power ranger. Pew pew from 1200 yards. ?. Win.