how does the mmr work??

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i have excepted the fact that i am not going to get any higher in rank. with that said from everything i have read the match making groups people with the same or close to it same mmr. if that is true when are mmr gets so low wouldn’t both teams be full of bad players? witch in turn would end up being a 50/50 win/lose at some point? because it sure doesn’t feel like it seems more like i am nothing but a stepping stone for other players better then are team. i mean this is just nuts

Attachments:

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I’m in T2 Sapphire too. I was on a winstreak until I had a team with 3 Guardians in it. Before that I had a match where we had a couple of Emeralds and they were four Sapphire and a Ruby and we still won.

Basically MMR takes into account pip range and win/loss record versus others.

Attachments:

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

yeah something like what Agemnon said but in all honesty I don’t think anybody even knows… not even the devs haha. It’d be nice if they’d at least show us our mmr so we could see what winning/losing does to it and compare against players we know we are worse than or better than.

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: That’s not how it works. They essentially try to find 10 people who are in a close range. They then take the top 5 of those people and put them on one team and the other 5 on the other team.

The original intent was to allow high mmr players to get out of the lower tiers possible. ANET didn’t really think it through though and so now you have a broken matchmaking system.

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

trunks.5249

@OP: That’s not how it works. They essentially try to find 10 people who are in a close range. They then take the top 5 of those people and put them on one team and the other 5 on the other team.

The original intent was to allow high mmr players to get out of the lower tiers possible. ANET didn’t really think it through though and so now you have a broken matchmaking system.

if this is true why the hell would they put the 5 worst up against the 5 best out of the 10? that means odds are always stacked against one team over the other.. in less i am miss understanding what you said.. if this is true i cant dig out off the hole i am in no matter what i do

master jedi david

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

This is what happens when you can’t drop divisions. Matchmaking takes into account your MMR and your pip range.

You shouldn’t have made it into Sapphire. Somehow, you managed to get out of the division you’re supposed to be in, and get into one higher. Probably because you grinded so many games. As a result, you are now the lowest ranked player in your division, and matchmaking can’t find you an opponent who’s as bad as you are. And since you can’t drop back into Emerald, you are stuck there until more and more bad players get into Sapphire.

So the solution now is to wait until more bad players move up so you can start to face them. It’ll happen eventually, the league system is designed so that everyone ends up moving up. You just moved up before the other bad players, so now you have to wait for them to catch up with you.

In a real league system, you would drop back down to emerald or wherever you’re supposed to be over time. Then you’d have more even matches and only move up as your personal skill improves. But because they lock you in, one lucky win streak can screw you over for a while.

(edited by Vicky.4563)

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

trunks.5249

This is what happens when you can’t drop divisions. Matchmaking takes into account your MMR and your pip range.

You shouldn’t have made it into Sapphire. Somehow, you managed to get out of the division you’re supposed to be in, and get into one higher. Probably because you grinded so many games. As a result, you are now the lowest ranked player in your division, and matchmaking can’t find you an opponent who’s as bad as you are. And since you can’t drop back into Emerald, you are stuck there until more and more bad players get into Sapphire.

So the solution now is to wait until more bad players move up so you can start to face them. It’ll happen eventually, the league system is designed so that everyone ends up moving up. You just moved up before the other bad players, so now you have to wait for them to catch up with you.

In a real league system, you would drop back down to emerald or wherever you’re supposed to be over time. Then you’d have more even matches and only move up as your personal skill improves. But because they lock you in, one lucky win streak can screw you over for a while.

a few days ago i would have been mad someone called me a bad player lol

master jedi david

how does the mmr work??

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

I’m using “you” in a general sense. Obviously I have no way of knowing if you are the worst player in Sapphire. But you’re likely somewhere near the bottom, and as a result you’re getting teammates who are close to your level who are probably also stuck there as well.

If you waned to stop losing, there are several things you can do:

1) Take a break and wait until everyone else has moved on/caught up, then start again.
2) Practice very hard until you get good enough to carry bad teams.
3) Find a team.

What happens with 3 is that if you find a team and thus artificially boost your wins up, you’ll run into the same problems again if you ever try to play without the team. Kinda like being dependent on a drug.

That’s why the most common advice is always “wait” or “git gud”. Because what else can you do?