how is the chinese gw2 pvp community?

in PvP

Posted by: Cheeseball C.8395

Cheeseball C.8395

haven’t got any info about them since the esl a long time ago, is the game still active in/ supporting chinese servers? how are their reactions to the balance changes?

in PvP

Posted by: Arlowslol.1974

Arlowslol.1974

I play pvp in cn server for a long time but afk for 1 year.

since the beijing wts, there are no tournament any more because of the lack of player.

for balanced, cn pvp player dont interested about build diversity. they focus on,which will be meta.you will see all thief are dp DrD, engi are hammer ,etc.

and others, they dont talk about pvp, because 70% of the player are pve player, they talk about pve balanced instead pvp.

in PvP

Arlowslol.1974

I main an s/d thief and no body care, because s/d is out from meta ,they just talk about meta with meta(like dp thuef),and they dont care the other weapon set, seems that every class have a strongest build is the best balanced for them. I feel so bad as a ex-shoutcast of gw2pvp in china

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I think it’s pretty much the same anywhere, won’t be just like this for gw2cn.

An MMO is 90% PvE, most stick to whatever works.

Would be nice to see CN compete in tournaments though.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

You’ve obviously never played EVE Online, beyond that even with more standard MMOs there is a good sized playerbase wanting PvP, which is why at launch a lot of MMOs have as many PvP servers as PvE (e.g – Rift), just most MMOs get PvP completely wrong / neglect it with the obvious consequences for their PvP playerbase.

As for what works, really MMOs aren’t “working” that is the problem, they are supposed to be games that excel at long term play, yet MOBAs, FPS, Minecraft, etc all do a better job on that front, whilst 99% of MMOs can’t even grow their playerbase.

The genre is a stagnant unimaginative mess, look how few AAA MMOs have been released in recent years, the two big ones even got cancelled (Everquest Next & Titan), which says it all.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Yabbie.2591

Yabbie.2591

since the beijing wts, there are no tournament any more because of the lack of player.

for balanced, cn pvp player dont interested about build diversity. they focus on,which will be meta.you will see all thief are dp DrD, engi are hammer ,etc.

and others, they dont talk about pvp, because 70% of the player are pve player, they talk about pve balanced instead pvp.

My engi is rarely hammer, and I play pvp in cn.
But I think the problem of gw2 pvp is, hard to learn, and hard to master.
Few people are happy to study their non-meta bd which are usually far weaker than meta bd, and with a terrible risk of being spewed.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Few people are happy to study their non-meta bd which are usually far weaker than meta bd, and with a terrible risk of being spewed.

Deppends, i find pvp quite easy to learn, the thing is im forced to play alot of stuff i dont like to play cause the gap from meta and non meta is to big.
It is not the kind of pvp game where u tune your character for your gamestyle where player think will be better for that match, but all what player need to have atention is what is most broken and easy to play in that match division and hope team mates have the same mentality.

gw2 is really a mess of a game…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Arlowslol.1974

because of the poor population , new player will alwasy fight again the ‘Pro’ guys, matchmaking is a joke.

And meta is boring, I am the one who tired with this boring meta,I play PVP in NA server since 2013 Feb, and join in CN server in 2015 May.

when the xpac launched, the PVP is dead.

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Arlowslol.1974, not much to expect when classes are designed for pve cleave/aoe spamway…..

That is the result of their obtuseness about pve….

in PvP

Arlowslol.1974

Arlowslol.1974, not much to expect when classes are designed for pve cleave/aoe spamway…..

That is the result of their obtuseness about pve….

I know..thx guys

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You’ve obviously never played EVE Online, beyond that even with more standard MMOs there is a good sized playerbase wanting PvP, which is why at launch a lot of MMOs have as many PvP servers as PvE (e.g – Rift), just most MMOs get PvP completely wrong / neglect it with the obvious consequences for their PvP playerbase.

As for what works, really MMOs aren’t “working” that is the problem, they are supposed to be games that excel at long term play, yet MOBAs, FPS, Minecraft, etc all do a better job on that front, whilst 99% of MMOs can’t even grow their playerbase.

The genre is a stagnant unimaginative mess, look how few AAA MMOs have been released in recent years, the two big ones even got cancelled (Everquest Next & Titan), which says it all.

Wait for Star Citizen.

Then again games like SC and Eve Online are not the same genres as GW2. Apples and asparagus.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Wait for Star Citizen.

Then again games like SC and Eve Online are not the same genres as GW2. Apples and asparagus.

ashes of creation will be interesting as a fatansy mmorp but more for the WvW and roles players cumunities.