how much to carry into next tier ?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i was just wondering if anyone is doing this?

i.e. folks at 4/25 9/25 14/25 19/25 emerald / sapphire that just need 1 more pip to save their progress into the next tier, find 2 or 3 “better” players to try to secure a pip to save their progress.

anyone offering such services?
whats the going rate?
anyone knows?

imma at 9/25 emerald again, got +2 pips, up from 7/25 emerald.
previously highest i got was 9/25 emerald as well, also from +2 pips from 7/25 emerald, only to immediately lost -2 pips again when the system throws my full pug against a full 5 man team.

gonna take a break now since weekends we get harder fights in pvp.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm no one is offering such services?

or people simply ask their friends with better pvp builds, mechanical skills to group together with them to cross over to the next tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

I think nobody care about pips. I just want back some fun when fights ended 500-490 not this crap what is now. I want loose milion times 498-500 then win ones 500-100. There is no fun in it.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Hey, this is actually a good idea. Selling carry services or pvp training.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hey, this is actually a good idea. Selling carry services or pvp training.

well, i’ll only actually pay if i managed to get a pip.

after thinking about this more, i realized people may troll me by throwing the match, causing my pips to lose instead.

: (

i haven’t really gone about asking in the pvp lobby though, or via the lfg tool.

only asked in here to see what everyone else thinks.

in PvP

Posted by: samzius.5809

samzius.5809

My advice is not to play a warrior, which judging by all your other threads is what your playing

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

My advice is not to play a warrior, which judging by all your other threads is what your playing

ironically, i got most of my pips from playing warrior.
got +1 +1 +2 pips from 3 games by playing warrior casually without thinking of winning.
when i tried my best with other professions, i get match ups that are not in my favor.

i play scrapper and reaper nowadays mostly,
been practicing malyx herald as well.

i was asking for warrior buffs not because i play warrior only.
but i used to play warrior quite often in the past, and now that warrior is severely under powered when compared against other professions. it is only fair to buff warrior to be up to par with the other professions.

in PvP

Posted by: samzius.5809

samzius.5809

well, i do agree that warrior needs buffs or changes, not so much for buying pips tho :P
but thats just me

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I wish the service the OP mentioned was a thing, to be honest if I could I would just pay a great team to carry me into ruby/diamond rather than grind it out myself, lol!
Seriously though, it really scares me to queue when I am one pip away from tiering up because I can just see myself losing 4 in a row and going back to nothing. For example got to 4/5 pips 5 times to advance to emerald tier 3 before I got it, one of those losses was a 500-486 game when at one time I was 350-100 up. That sort of thing really does hurt.
What I suggest is that when you are at 4/5 pips, you can lose one game and not lose a pip, but if you lose a second you lose them as normal. This would only happen once per tier, additional times you get to 4/5 this chance is not given to you. That would make it a lot easier to take a loss at 4/5 but would not effectively make the tiers 4 pips instead of 5.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

Jeezus, people actually want this to be a thing..?

If you aren’t good enough to rank up/get to the next tier/earn you pips, you need to get better, not pay someone to rank you up. What happens when your pippimp isn’t around and you are stuck again? Are you okay with being completely outmatched and giving your teammates a horrible match experience because you are ranked higher than your actual skill level?

Why try and improve when you can just get carried…

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy