how often are pvp balance patches?

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I notice every now and then they will balance certain things such as rampage, how often do they usually do balances like that?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

“one, one and a half…..oh they flew away”

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Every 4 to 6 months.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Each year they do 1 massive thing:

• 2013 – dhuumfire/hambow/etc patch.
  • 2014 – celestial buff, rune rework
  • 2015 – specialization patch

Then, usually 6 months later they’ll do 1 massive balance patch. Then what’s still broken will remain broken until their next massive patch that changes everything yet again.

Don’t worry, if we are lucky, we’ll get a patch in 4-5 months. They said they’ll keep doing patches every 2nd week after the spec patch, well.. 0 real balance patches so far, only minor changes to 1 or 2 builds.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Balance updates are incredibly slow in this game. Essentially ANET follows this methodology

Step 1: Identify an issue
Step 2: Is there a super easy fix?

If Yes to Step 2:
3a: Make the change and release it (think rampage that was an easy duration change)

If No to Step 2:
3b: Pretend the issue doesn’t exist and hope it goes away. If it doesn’t, fix during the next big balance update.

in PvP

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

They usually do some balance patches every few months. But normal balance patches are usually every 6 months or every year…

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I am still dealing with bugs that I reported during the Beta Stress test(June 2012).

Don’t hold your breath for competent balance and bug patches.

Dealing with some difficult bugs takes too many man hours. So they will make it a feature. Employees want free parking as well.

(edited by Login.5102)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Yearly.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

E-Sports at its finest !

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Anet is always playing the game of whack-a mole….. but in reverse…

And by that I mean…. instead of nerfing classes that have become too powerful…. they are just power creeping everything that is balls.

With every update there are always 1-2 cheese builds that everyone starts using…. and rather than nerfing them for the next update, Anet just makes changes that give 1-2 other builds cheese status.

They clearly don’t even play pvp themselves, since the “balance” we have right now is a joke.

….but rest assured, the broken and op builds this month are still going to be old news when next month comes around because it will be something else that will be broken and op instead.

If you can’t get used to this system, gw2 pvp is not for you.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I can only imagine how buggy revenant and heart of thorns is going to be with all of the new crap that’s coming. The bugs seem to just pile on and on..

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

not often enough

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

ArenaNet have beautiful developers; males and females. They want to take care of themselves before endangering their own well being. There’s this one individual who I believe to be the most beautiful of them all. But i can’t put anyone on the spot or my fragile heart shall taint itself.