i got ladderspot 15 after 2 wins

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

as topic suggests true story.

had all very high ranked guys in my FIRST game i play after reset

if thats what it takes to get top 15 its no wonder matches feel completely imbalanced only depending on who gets the better noobs after patch.

Maybe really not a good idea to start players at ladderspot 500?

Dis really shouldnt happen?!

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I don’t think it’s very realistic to expect ladders to be well balanced as soon as they’re reset. =P

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Well, play every day for a couple of weeks and see how it works out now.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

yolosmurf.8052

the issue simply is that every goon can get carried 1 game and then ruin top level play (in fact i could have even done that in my first game played wtf)

in PvP

yolosmurf.8052

this is just ridicolous there is no way leaderboard are worth anything when its possible for 1st time tourney players to get matched with top100s its just insane wtf??

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Ok people. Calm down.
I have like 1200 matches in solo Q.

Leaderboards are really way much better than before.
Games are definitely much more competitive and close than before.

Just give it some more weeks and more incentives to rewards and solo Q will be healthy with more players in it.

in PvP

yolosmurf.8052

it wont be because every new player who joins ruins the game for the best players there are.

its dumb there is no point in playing this way

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

In the long term each player will hold its real match making rating.
The system we have now is really much more fair than it was before.

What we need: Incentives of rewards for players to join solo/team q (already in progress).
- Solo Q / team Q unlocked at rank 30 so no new players can join it
Other games like league of legends require level 20 in order to join ranked

in PvP

yolosmurf.8052

Lmao

So if i would have been a legit rank1 1st time tourney player, it sure as hell would have been “fair” for my top 100 team to carry me against the other top 100 team.

Seriously this kitten means pure rng forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Yolosmurf,

If the matchmaking system begins to work the right way, you should never be sure if you will probably win the match when it starts…they will always be difficult, there will be turnarounds based on a single team mistake, and you will lose about as many as you win.

Your place on the leaderboard will not be about how many you win, but about the MMR rank of the people you are usually matched against. Your “bracket”. That’s all.

In my opinion it’s a bit controversial using an MMR system designed for an individual game (chess) to apply to a team-based win method. So much of the win or loss is out of your personal control.

And everyone will have to deal with newer players now and then. You’ll have to be able to carry a bit.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

In the long term each player will hold its real match making rating.

What we need: Incentives of rewards for players to join solo/team q (already in progress).
- Solo Q / team Q unlocked at rank 30 so no new players can join it
Other games like league of legends require level 20 in order to join ranked

Ye, this, although r30 is asking too much since most players will have quit before they even reach it.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Annoying…

I was Rank 64 – I got 9 wins in a row and came out as Rank 23. I take it that if people above me are not playing then it is extremely hard to overtake them…

in PvP

yolosmurf.8052

ANET sure didnt lie about having to carry harder after patch when literally everyone who starts playing tournaments can get matched with top100. Its abyssmal.

Why just why?? I mean 2 wins? srsly?

shouldnt i have to do like 10 wins like the guy above me for that? and if i cant get them right away i have to work my way up?

NAAAAAH too hard for casuals lets just start everyone at the top

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I can also name two additional player who only won 2 games and landed in the top 10 on EU (one of them also lost a game, and still got placed in the top 10).

But wait… you think the decay will get them, and force them to play additional games to stay on top? One of them lost 15! ranks, probably most of the ranks due to new players with a 2-0 stat.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

sometimes I wonder if they just reset the leaderboard and not personal MMR. My mule account is getting ridiculously easy matches constantly and my main account seems to have the games stacked against it. Of course I am expecting the MM system to be wonky for a few weeks but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just reset LB and not actually our MMR.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

sometimes I wonder if they just reset the leaderboard and not personal MMR. My mule account is getting ridiculously easy matches constantly and my main account seems to have the games stacked against it. Of course I am expecting the MM system to be wonky for a few weeks but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just reset LB and not actually our MMR.

I’m not sure what’s going on either, but something seems a bit strange. I dropped pretty far after two losses and now just went 5-1 yesterday and barely rose at all. I know it has to do with MMR and all that, but I don’t understand the lack of movement for winning so many games in a row. Something just feels slightly off, especially since I know a few people that I’ve seen play just 1 or 2 games and are sitting at the top 100 even after not playing since Weds.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Posted by: Omar Little.2347

Omar Little.2347

who cares

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

ANET sure didnt lie about having to carry harder after patch when literally everyone who starts playing tournaments can get matched with top100. Its abyssmal.

shouldnt i have to do like 10 wins like the guy above me for that? and if i cant get them right away i have to work my way up?

NAAAAAH too hard for casuals lets just start everyone at the top

Yeh, I thought the leaderboard reset was going to be a full reset. Besides, this just shows we need permenent decay. I think I am probably around 30-8 or something. But ironically, the account I have played LEAST is 10th or something. This should be lowest out of my accounts.

Still, I have had some really fun games since reset. Sure there are alot of noobs in the top 100 currently, but that should filter out gradually.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I think the match making is worse than before. After they announced the double chest prize, I decided to farm some on soloQ. I didn’t really play soloQ since it was release, so mind you, I wasn’t ranked. So far so good,I must have played 70~90 matches and managed to get into top 300 NA. I would say the system was working before: I rarely played 4×5 matches, and the teams seemed even (always enjoyable matches). Even losing, I wouldn’t drop an abysmal rate, I always could get back to my previous spot.

Now, after the reset, I managed to get into top 300 again, after 5 wins in a row. However, after one lost (4×5 with low ranks), I dropped to 25%. I mean, wtf. I shouldn’t be forced to match with and carry, people that low on the ranking. And it gets harder to carry your team, the lower you are. There needs to be a matching range, even if it takes more time to set up a match…

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

yolosmurf.8052, you’re not telling the truth. You are completely unranked and have never broken top 1000 according to

http://gwshack.info/?page=player_solo_spvp&region=na&username=yolosmurf.8052

I’m really surprised that everyone believed you.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

yolosmurf.8052, you’re not telling the truth. You are completely unranked and have never broken top 1000 according to

http://gwshack.info/?page=player_solo_spvp&region=na&username=yolosmurf.8052

I’m really surprised that everyone believed you.

Have you tried to look on the eu region? -> http://gwshack.info/?page=player_solo_spvp&region=eu&username=yolosmurf.8052
It worked!

You can also take a look at https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/soloarena

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Didn’t realize that EU shared the same forums, my mistake