i'm on a 12 game losing streak

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

and i am trying very hard everygame

when does the system recongize I don’t belong in the mmr they’ve assigneted me to?
how many more do i have to lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

its a good sign to stop playing for the day and try again tomorrow. you might have some better luck, and better not to frustrate yourself because of one bad streak.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

in PvP

darres.8203

its a good sign to stop playing for the day and try again tomorrow. you might have some better luck, and better not to frustrate yourself because of one bad streak.

i go out of my ways to end on a winning game…never had this much problem
as soon as I win a single game, i’d stop

I just don’t belong in this high leve bracket
why won’t they drop me to players similar to my level?
i don’t understand

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Might be because you’re not as high up as you think you are.

Could be that what’s causing you to lose games is something as simple as lack of objective focus.

Try analyzing why you lost and fixing it if nothing else.

in PvP

darres.8203

they are just plain better than me
that’s it
1 or 2 games, I can nipple some flaws other than my own
but 15 (now 17) games in a row, the problem lies with me

I am just not good enough to fight in this dam bracket they put me in
i’m about done with this game

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Might be because you’re not as high up as you think you are.

Could be that what’s causing you to lose games is something as simple as lack of objective focus.

Try analyzing why you lost and fixing it if nothing else.

OP stated that he is playing against better players than he should.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

darres shouldn’t really have a problem with game knowledge. I’ve seen him quite a bit. His mmr probably is or was peaking. Also darres, you have been playing power ranger, or you were last time I saw you. It’s easier to go on losing streaks if you’re solo queuing and hafta rely on other people covering points.

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Here is my thread about this “thing” :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/How-exactly-ranked-solo-team-balancing-works/first#post4881755
I think it’s can’t be bad or good luck, but it seems no one knows how team balancing works except Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

I thought the problem was we kept getting games with 5-7 thieves and from what I can tell you’ve never played thief since all I see you use is longbow ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I think sometimes on those streaks you really just need to take a break for a while. It seems depending on when you queue you can get the same people in your match 4 or 5 games in a row. Even breaking for like 10 minutes can ensure that some of those players find a different match. Sometimes the teams don’t shuffle that much even after one team totally whoops on the other and you get stuck facing the same people that just smoked you.

in PvP

Posted by: Judge.1923

Judge.1923

I can actually agree with Darren, prior to probably sunday evening we would team up with a few others and not dominate but have a lot of fun and several close matches. We had familiar group get together again, and just got roflstomped every match Monday, without any familiar faces we faced last week. Same with soloq, perhaps all the names I had familiarized myself with went away for the week or something. I’ve been in top 200 of leaderboard and had been comfortable…. now it’s just lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose, and more losses. Not that I am whining I am still learning, but it is getting disheartening

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I think match making have changed yesterday. I got matched with easy easy matches had a 7 game winning streak. Honestly I don’t think I’m play any better than when I had a 3-6 win lost record 2 nights agao. Seems I’m just getting paired vs bad players. Maybe my mmr dropped a lot or they just reduced the mmr of solo quers to make life easier for us… We’ll see what happens tonight .

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

and i am trying very hard everygame

when does the system recongize I don’t belong in the mmr they’ve assigneted me to?
how many more do i have to lose?

I would offer for you to come play with me, but if you’re fairly new to pvp, I think I’d just make things worse.

My only advice is to examine your build and compare it to others. You’ll want a decent build to help contribute. Also, just brush up on the basics of pvp. Even if you aren’t as good as the rest of your team, you can contribute a great deal by simply not making rookie mistakes.

A pvp bud of mine along with my other friend who is like rank 5 in pvp all queued up together. We gave him some very basic build ideas for his ranger, and told him to stay on point and holler for help if he needed it. Even though he wasn’t the greatest player, we kicked serious butt because he contributed where he needed to contribute.

I hope his helps man. If you need any in game tips, hit me up. (My account username is obviously included in this post.)

P.S. Also, don’t lose heart! Ive had many insane losing streak before and just felt at the time like never pvping again. Usually it’s best to take a break and maybe do some WvW. Come back the next day and try again. Usually you’ll make up for it in the end.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Simple and obvious answer: You’re rank 15 on LBs right now. Yes, you might not be good, but the game is going to register you as a great player because of your rank… Either stop playing so much to go against worse players, or stop QQing and get gud.

Nuff said.

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Simple and obvious answer: You’re rank 15 on LBs right now. Yes, you might not be good, but the game is going to register you as a great player because of your rank… Either stop playing so much to go against worse players, or stop QQing and get gud.

Nuff said.

That isn’t true at all. People’s ranking on the leaderboard has nothing to do with their MMR or matchmaking. There are currently 3 people in the top 25 with a win rate above 60% so nobody is confusing any of these players with being the actual top 25.

When you play that many games you are bound to go on losing streaks like that solo queueing, especially when you play all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Nuff said.

That isn’t true at all. People’s ranking on the leaderboard has nothing to do with their MMR or matchmaking. There are currently 3 people in the top 25 with a win rate above 60% so nobody is confusing any of these players with being the actual top 25.

When you play that many games you are bound to go on losing streaks like that solo queueing, especially when you play all day.

Actually Darres has pretty high MMR as far as I can tell. I encounter top players all the time while running solo queue and Darres gets put in the same matches as I am pretty often.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I don’t know what to say OP. I hit a very odd losing streak and lost a lot of points around Sunday to Monday too. I have a lot of real life issues at the moment to deal with. Otherwise, I’d like to explore what changed to create the blow out losses I experienced.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

darres.8203

Actually Darres has pretty high MMR as far as I can tell. I encounter top players all the time while running solo queue and Darres gets put in the same matches as I am pretty often.[/quote]

dat’s what i am saying, it’s too high
you guys are too stronk for me
can’t deal with this
I ended yesterday’s losing streak at 18 games, surprisingly i only dropped 7 points :o
still, get me outta this bracket

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Holy kitten after 2 days of easy matches Anet gave it to me good tonight. 5 matches in a row of no hope at all of winning. There is no in between matches at all…

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Id love to know what exactly is the winning tactic. It always ends up a team is good at killing but bad at capping. Other times, it is winning well but a last minute map gimmick causes the other team to win. I to have an increased losing streak since ladder test start. Ill never forget how i was 17-0 before and now only win around 35%. Not fun getting rekt by rank 80’s and premades.

*CoughBRINGBACKSOLOQUEPLZcough*

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension