i would buy a custom arena if...

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

hello jolly fellows!

as custom arenas were anounced, i had some things in mind how they will look like. sadly nothing found its way into the custom arenas so i started thinking about what they should have for me to buy one.
after playing a lot of matches in different arenas i totally miss the versatility and there are so many things that come to mind for a tremendous custom arena experience. i would like to discuss with you the possibilities and it would be nice if some of the developers tell their opinion. i just dont want it to get lost in the archive of the forums, because i think those are really great ideas and things to add.
i really thought a lot about it and there are 3 big points and a minor one.

Individual capture points and mobs: turn on/off whole points and mobs (turned off will let the point appear without capture circle or the mob wont spawn). or in one SotG they talked about a third mob in forest, located at the cemetary which was taken out for some resons i dont know anymore. What about letting people to decide to turn them on/off.

Individual areas: possibility to turn on/off certain areas of the map. e.g. with the map forest of niflhel : divided areas will be ‚beach‘, ‚cemetary‘, ‚henge‘, ‚mine‘, ‚keep‘, ‚backpath henge‘ and ‚backpath mine‘. So if i decide to turn off the areas ‚beach‘, ‚cemetary‘ and ‚keep‘ i suddenly would have a new playstyle where direct crossing of the map to the enemy base isnt possible anymore and players will have to walk the backpath to reach the enemy players/point. i think this offers the most versatility

Queuing: lets say i want to make a 1v1 arena and it gets very popular. So there are 2 people playing and 18 waiting for the match to end. As it is now, you have to spam klick join random at the beginning and the lucky one gets the place. Here it may always be the same person. Now queueing comes to mind – a simple way of it. First click gives first place in queue and so on. You stay in queue as long as you observe, leaving the arena kicks you from queue

Individual point system: possibility to turn on/off any point givers in game (kill/treb shot/point cap/point def/ point nut/ mob kill/ guildlord kill/etc) but those would be minor priority.

I know there are reasons why certain things wont appear on tournament maps, but imo there is no reason to do so in custom arenas.
there may be some things that are simply not possible, but thats the discussion for

tell me what you think about it, ask me if i wasnt clear enough on explanation

I would definitely buy a custom arena if those options were available!

so long…

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

(edited by kito.1827)

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

You can turn off the option to gain rank points in your arena.

But to sustain a CA is expensive, and if you don’t add time for 2 weeks they delete your item that costed you 1.6k gems. Cute, isn’t it? And this is not mentioned when you buy it.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

But to sustain a CA is expensive, and if you don’t add time for 2 weeks they delete your item that costed you 1.6k gems. Cute, isn’t it? And this is not mentioned when you buy it.

customisation is nothing about gaining rank points, nor is this discussion about the costs of a custom arena. i know how it works and under certain circumstances (like tournament training/scrimmage matches) i feel the price is ok.

i want to keep this thread clean, so please no discussion but about the mentioned customisation options

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

If you have a reason to run a server, then the price to maintain it is not expensive at all (either through splitting the cost with your team, getting donations from players or paying the $10 a month). If you just want your own server for the sake of having one, then you shouldnt be complaining about the cost. Not everyone needs a server, there are already an abundance of servers out there, most which sit empty because everyone had to have their own.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

customisation is nothing about gaining rank points, nor is this discussion about the costs of a custom arena. i know how it works and under certain circumstances (like tournament training/scrimmage matches) i feel the price is ok.

i want to keep this thread clean, so please no discussion but about the mentioned customisation options

“Individual point system: possibility to turn on/off any point givers in game (kill/treb shot/point cap/point def/ point nut/ mob kill/ guildlord kill/etc) but those would be minor priority.” – you wrote it, I answered.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8365

Requiem.8365

i thought about some of that stuff as well

Individual capture points and mobs: turn on/off whole points and mobs (turned off will let the point appear without capture circle or the mob wont spawn). or in one SotG they talked about a third mob in forest, located at the cemetary which was taken out for some resons i dont know anymore. What about letting people to decide to turn them on/off.

would be nice if you could not only turn stuff off but also adjust the numbers. increasing the points for a bosskill on fon for example could change the way the map is played a lot. you could also move the focus more onto kills or onto the enemy point or whatever.

Queuing: lets say i want to make a 1v1 arena and it gets very popular. So there are 2 people playing and 18 waiting for the match to end. As it is now, you have to spam klick join random at the beginning and the lucky one gets the place. Here it may always be the same person. Now queueing comes to mind – a simple way of it. First click gives first place in queue and so on. You stay in queue as long as you observe, leaving the arena kicks you from queue

this should work for whole teams as well

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

if you don’t add time for 2 weeks they delete your item that costed you 1.6k gems. Cute, isn’t it? And this is not mentioned when you buy it.

Thank you so much for mentioning this, I had no idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Flo.3465

Flo.3465

I would buy one if my CA would just be inactive when i don’t add time.

BRING BACK THE SAB!

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

if you don’t add time for 2 weeks they delete your item that costed you 1.6k gems. Cute, isn’t it? And this is not mentioned when you buy it.

Thank you so much for mentioning this, I had no idea.

At least i could save someone else

Fear The Crazy [Huns]