in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Thief evade too strong=nerf
Hammer too strong=nerf
engineer boon duration’s/adept skills too strong=nerf
necro burning too strong=nerf
mesmer phantasm=nerf

And now on the back of the nerf’s appears ice bow ele that can level every single one of these builds in 3-4 seconds, while all your skills are disabled, chilled and your immobilised stacked and the ele is invulnerable to all incoming damage. Not to mention the newly appearing staff/hammer guardian that is impossible to move and files it nails while anyone of these builds goes red faced just trying to budge them. It won’t be long before ice-bow ele and staff guardian are hanging out and watching the karate kid like great friends do.

The solution was always there. There was always builds that made super short work of these ‘O.P builds.’

Again, the criers, the whingers, anyone who posted anything slightly harsh about unfairness have been listened to and the people who said, ‘give it a few months to settle’ haven’t been.

Just say’n

P.s I don’t play hammer, I think the ele build is awesome, so therefore it will get nerfed and guardian will be left alone because it will only be standing on mid as they have always done and always will.

As a single player, this frustrates me. Too many knee jerk reactions before solutions were even looked at.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

LOL.

I haven’t seen an “Ele is OP” thread for quite some time now. Thank you very much for this.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I faced one of these eles with my war earlier, hit my stability and hammer bashed him and he was dead before he blinked. Sorry there are builds out there that are direct counters to the “OP builds” that are played, but ele doesn’t have one of them.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Serious dude, they take like 3 kits on the bunkiest of bunkers to kill and 90% of their damage relies on hitting a skill with as big a windup as killshot.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I faced one of these eles with my war earlier, hit my stability and hammer bashed him and he was dead before he blinked. Sorry there are builds out there that are direct counters to the “OP builds” that are played, but ele doesn’t have one of them.

Elementalists are currently countered by pretty much everything due to being so incredibly squishy, having no reliable evasion/survivability tools like what other squishy classes/builds still have access to.

Glass-cannon Ele’s are especially funny because they can die in literally 0.5 seconds, it’s often hard to tell what killed them.
I’ve can sometimes be at 100% health on my Ele, then a Thief opens on me, I start spamming abilities only to find that I’m already using Vapor Form…which is my downed ability…which means I already died and didn’t even realize it LOL.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

LOL.

I haven’t seen an “Ele is OP” thread for quite some time now. Thank you very much for this.

Not ele..just the ice-bow build in 1 vs 1 situations.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Elementalists are currently countered by pretty much everything due to being so incredibly squishy, having no reliable evasion/survivability tools like what other squishy classes/builds still have access to.

Glass-cannon Ele’s are especially funny because they can die in literally 0.5 seconds, it’s often hard to tell what killed them.
I’ve can sometimes be at 100% health on my Ele, then a Thief opens on me, I start spamming abilities only to find that I’m already using Vapor Form…which is my downed ability…which means I already died and didn’t even realize it LOL.

he played it badly then, and you got a lucky day. The ones I have faced are rank 50+ and don’t make mistakes. Shocking aura first to stun you every 2 seconds. Once that stun is set, immobilise, chill, immunity, ice-bow,fire/might stack/phoenix/bow/ all skills disabled, frozen, big red ring, 25K damage. Check out the twitch channels and see it played properly. Hammer warrior is strong, but weak and predictable when played by someone who hasn’t master how to bull’s rush>shield bash>pommel strike>skull crack>staggering>knockdown>earth shaker in such perfect timing you don’t even get a look in at stun breaking or setting stability..that is why these same people who haven’t timed it perfectly yet go to hambow..much more forgiving build if you make errors with it. I would also say they are only now appearing..give it time..you’ll get hiney handed to you. I guarantee it.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

The greater point of this thread is being missed. Many and more complaints that ‘this is too strong, that is too strong..nerf every thing’..rather than listen to be patient and let things settle. My issue is not with the ice-bow 1 vs 1..it can be devastating effective, it is not with engi combo fields, thief evade, warrior’s hammer..its that they all get this knee jerk reaction and the pitch forks come out. Next thing you know the PvP team and PvE are getting the memo that the skill balancing team are changing this and as per every memo, make the reward team stay in the back with only one pen between two of them and get the community head of communication to tell us that the sound quality assurance manager is working on it and big things are happening when only small things were needed. Lower unsuspecting foe from 505 TO 10% as per a adept trait should have. Lower disempower from 3% per boon to a max effect of up to 3 boons, increase the cooldown on shadowstep by 0.5 of a second, decrease regen/swiftness/vigor from 100% to 45%..not make this adept skill master, add animation to this and cut 25-30% of the damage off that.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

If you can’t dodge a skill with an extremely obvious animation and a 1.5 second cast time, as well as a very distinguished and audible sound tell, then the problem is not that Elementalists are OP.

#ELEtism

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Bad troll is bad 0/10
its like saying warrior owns mesmer, or cc warrior counter engi
lol

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

The greater point of this thread is that you are trying to justify the brokeness of your favourite class by comapring it to 1 skill that will 90% of the time miss of a class that with that build goes down in 3 auto hits in 1 warrios stun ..
Its sad that in your mind those things are simliar enough to draw comparisons..
Pls no one is buying it.
The ele oneextremely ineffective unless the bow is wielded by someone who doesnt drop down by the wind. and even then its the definiton of incosistency.
Warriors ham/bow is beyond broken and getting fixed next patch.
Make it clear on your mind ..some things are jsut op and unfair

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

From my experience, Ice Bow doesn’t works in 1v1. It can be crazy devastating, though, when Ice Storm is used in a DPS build agaisnt a crowded point.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

If you can’t dodge a skill with an extremely obvious animation and a 1.5 second cast time, as well as a very distinguished and audible sound tell, then the problem is not that Elementalists are OP.

that’s all there is to say

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Jackal.8263

Jackal.8263

Thief evade too strong=nerf
Hammer too strong=nerf
engineer boon duration’s/adept skills too strong=nerf
necro burning too strong=nerf
mesmer phantasm=nerf

And now on the back of the nerf’s appears ice bow ele that can level every single one of these builds in 3-4 seconds, while all your skills are disabled, chilled and your immobilised stacked and the ele is invulnerable to all incoming damage. Not to mention the newly appearing staff/hammer guardian that is impossible to move and files it nails while anyone of these builds goes red faced just trying to budge them. It won’t be long before ice-bow ele and staff guardian are hanging out and watching the karate kid like great friends do.

The solution was always there. There was always builds that made super short work of these ‘O.P builds.’

Again, the criers, the whingers, anyone who posted anything slightly harsh about unfairness have been listened to and the people who said, ‘give it a few months to settle’ haven’t been.

Just say’n

P.s I don’t play hammer, I think the ele build is awesome, so therefore it will get nerfed and guardian will be left alone because it will only be standing on mid as they have always done and always will.

As a single player, this frustrates me. Too many knee jerk reactions before solutions were even looked at.

Really? You just had to bring this to light. Now ANET will run over my ice bow build.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

This. Not to mention the projectile is also very distinct, the skill has pretty much every warning in the game short of a warning message flashing on your screen,

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Jackal.8263

Jackal.8263

I feel like no one is understanding where OP is coming from. He doesn’t care about this Ele build. Hell, he states he likes it. His whole point is that moments after finding out about warrior nerfs, thief nerfs, etc, this community calmed down for all of 10 minutes before kittening about something else. And he is right. All of you laughing right now will be killed here sometime soon, quite suddenly by a class you’ve dismissed because of forum fodder. You will then be the same people whining about the ice bow build.

I really wish this thread wasn’t here though.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I can certainly agree that the adjustments are looking at the wrong things. There used to be a good expert community in the PvP teams and experienced players suggesting slight tweaks, as you have said.

However you must know that people tend to blame things seemingly outside of their control for personal mistakes, or explain away the successes of other people based on unfairness leveraged against them. This will happen over and over in a tragic neverending tale across all games competitive.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Anyone who cries nerf at easily out-playable glass burst (without cc) should suck a fat one.

Hope you find my feedback constructive.

Phaatonn, London UK

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Phaeton, his point was to use the ice bow as an example of people looking for things to nerf/nitpick for the sake of nitpicking, which is detrimental to the game.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

It won’t be long before ice-bow ele and staff guardian are hanging out and watching the karate kid like great friends do.

I stopped playing this game millenia ago, but this single sentence motivated me enough to look for my login info and post here. You’re magic and made me laugh to tears Mr Ctrl.

Thank you so much :’)

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Avead.5760

I feel like no one is understanding where OP is coming from. He doesn’t care about this Ele build. Hell, he states he likes it. His whole point is that moments after finding out about warrior nerfs, thief nerfs, etc, this community calmed down for all of 10 minutes before kittening about something else. And he is right. All of you laughing right now will be killed here sometime soon, quite suddenly by a class you’ve dismissed because of forum fodder. You will then be the same people whining about the ice bow build.

Nah ..im looking at his post right now. He clearly says that the whiners about balance have been heard and therefore warrior isgetting nerfs instead of those that said lets wait for the meta to settle..
He is wrong not only cause we have waited and WAY TOO LONG..but he continues prepsenting the most incosistent gimmicky build in existance..A hambow warr or any other build should never lose to the icebow..You cant be serious
Fyi deep freeze doesnt even need to be dodged.You literally dont need to try to sidestep it .It will hit 1 out of 10 and even if it did hit consistently it would still be more counterable than a super tanky ,damaging warrior with several immunities to all damage and stability that can effortesly lockdown in aoe.
No freaking sense ..i hope this game gets some proper population and community going on for it after it gets fixed

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Icebow can be….tricky. The Freeze (how else can you call this) is pretty long hard CC which is unbreakable by stunbreakers and is not affected by Stability. It can be countered by condition immunity, such as Engi’s at 25% or Zerker Stance, as far as I know. For me, I find this skill greatly balanced. It’s a long castand great effect. It can be easily dodged because the projectile is very slow and visible, but once it hit, CC is great. I don’t find it any OP, in fact, I’d like to see some versality in tPvP with this. Imagine Ranger webbing Mid Godlike Guardian into ele Deep Freeze. Here, person who tends to ignore Ele has to reconsider binding dodge key.
Imho, skill which dmg shall be slighty adjusted in sPvP is Icebow #4 – Icestorm. It can be really, really powerful AoE on neat cooldown. Droping two of them at the same time can effecrivly drop many non-hard-bunker people down in the zone, cpupled with Deep Frozen people…yes, can be powerful if timed right.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Icebow is one of Anet’s many feats of balance.
Along with Dhuumfire, Shattered Strength Gives 3 might on shatter, Warrior Healing signet/zerkstance..

I keep asking Are we Esports yet, but I know the answer is BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

Icebow seriously? Way more balanced than the stuff thieves are allowed to do that are uncounterable like perma evade/blind/stealth and then 2 shot you from stealth.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Avead.5760

Icebow can be….tricky. The Freeze (how else can you call this) is pretty long hard CC which is unbreakable by stunbreakers and is not affected by Stability. It can be countered by condition immunity, such as Engi’s at 25% or Zerker Stance, as far as I know. For me, I find this skill greatly balanced. It’s a long castand great effect. It can be easily dodged because the projectile is very slow and visible, but once it hit, CC is great. I don’t find it any OP, in fact, I’d like to see some versality in tPvP with this. Imagine Ranger webbing Mid Godlike Guardian into ele Deep Freeze. Here, person who tends to ignore Ele has to reconsider binding dodge key.
Imho, skill which dmg shall be slighty adjusted in sPvP is Icebow #4 – Icestorm. It can be really, really powerful AoE on neat cooldown. Droping two of them at the same time can effecrivly drop many non-hard-bunker people down in the zone, cpupled with Deep Frozen people…yes, can be powerful if timed right.

No its not balanced or at leas you cant say it that easy..its crappy on an ele but if its been given to a class with access to stealth and plenty of blinks on utilities it can be pretty devastating considering that a team can shadow refuge and initiate with that taking 1-2 people out for 5 sec.Although you can still use isntant skills and popo immunities
But not on ele and certainly not in a 1vs1..The op is just being funny trying to justify the existance of more broken mechanics in the game

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

Post the OP guard build plox

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I heard that dodging that freeze shot is hard.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Just play the game. You’ll see it on the raise in the next few weeks. Hammer/staff-hallowed ground/wall of reflection/shield of the avenger and of course..renewed focus.
It is does little to no damage by comparison to other guardian builds, but much like warrior war horn/shout build it is unmovable unless placed in 3 v 1 situation where everyone picks at it like crows. Very tough build to down even when the numbers are stacked in your favour.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You understand where I am coming. Your my new best B.F.F..let’s go the garage and practice some karate new friend.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9810

brannigan.9810

Just play the game. You’ll see it on the raise in the next few weeks. Hammer/staff-hallowed ground/wall of reflection/shield of the avenger and of course..renewed focus.
It is does little to no damage by comparison to other guardian builds, but much like warrior war horn/shout build it is unmovable unless placed in 3 v 1 situation where everyone picks at it like crows. Very tough build to down even when the numbers are stacked in your favour.

No SYG and not much group condition cleanse? I’ll pass.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You keep on dodging everything my friend. Let’s make this game entirely about dodging. Dodge to win. With the new warrior buffs I will just dodge roll damage everything to death. Let’s just hope I never have low vigor or some of my utilities on cool down.

As for your just look and dodge theory, it wasn’t me that said we’re going to reduce particle before the years end. The build requires a series of well timed and quick executions where animation/sound effects are cancelled. If you read what was written with an open mind you’d seen the part..all skills disable/chilled/stability won’t work, frozen in place/immobilized..big red circle/sound animation..but you can dodge, you couldn’t dodge from the moment shocking aura was in effect..that’s what stuns do..but i guess I should have just dodge rolled until all their skills were on cooldown and then opened my attack. Stupid me.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

No SYG and not much group condition cleanse? I’ll pass.

Hallowed ground replaces SYG. Hammer 5/staff 5 if what is used to make it difficult for any stunners to get entirely close. You’d be more surprised than what you currently are with its support. However the support requires you to be pretty much holding hands with the guard. It is your choice if it doesn’t sound like you..it is not something I’d play either, but for the purpose of holding/neutralizing it does it’s job 200% well.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

You can sidestep that kitten and people are complaining about it lol

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

ice bow 1 vs 1

in PvP

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

You can sidestep that kitten and people are complaining about it lol

^ This for sure. Even if they use a knockdown on you, stun break it and get out of the circle, when the circle is gone proceed to kill the ele like normal in 2-3 seconds.