if ruby is full of garbo ...

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/8-2-yesterday-0-10-today/6051930

The match making in this game is incredible in how bad it is. But to be fair, the population playing could fit in an average mall elevator and the match making system doesn’t take into account the ‘human factor’ i.e. players in for a daily and out, players rocking sweet sweet builds like turret engie, your classic ‘afk guarding home node’ garbage, etc etc. They all get matched up and get to ruin at least 4 others game as well.

Anet has created an interesting situation with pvp: step one *bait pve’ers back into pvp (again) and then road block them in ruby where the loss tiers safeguard goes away. And voila! you get unbelievible hot join level garbage players stuck and made they can’t progress further to get that digital carrot on a stick backpack, and the fact they are garbo and their are loads and loads of them in ruby makes it a rough road for players actually there for the pvp to get through. *

Gratz Anet everyone is mad at the situation. You win. gg.

Also ZERO content outside of grind and nothing on the horizon for months is also helping the mood in game btw. Bonus dev trolling!

so if ruby is full of such garbo players,

whats stopping non-garbo players from teaming up and stomp through the garbo horde ?

all i read on the forums are various excuses.

“i like solo”
“me no team”
“no time”

yet they can play 10 – 20 games per day and still got time to complain on forum

discuss !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

btw i only have time to play 1 – 3 ranked games per day during day time around 11am – 12pm when my 13+ months daughter is having her morning nap.

i’m at 16/25 sapphire currently and if all goes well i should reach ruby next week where i belong.

yeah theres lots of garbo in sapphire as well, on both teams, so i just have to kill more and kill faster.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The match making in this game is incredible in how bad it is. But to be fair, the population playing could fit in an average mall elevator and the match making system doesn’t take into account the ‘human factor’ i.e. players in for a daily and out, players rocking sweet sweet builds like turret engie, your classic ‘afk guarding home node’ garbage, etc etc. They all get matched up and get to ruin at least 4 others game as well.

Anet has created an interesting situation with pvp: step one *bait pve’ers back into pvp (again) and then road block them in ruby where the loss tiers safeguard goes away. And voila! you get unbelievible hot join level garbage players stuck and made they can’t progress further to get that digital carrot on a stick backpack, and the fact they are garbo and their are loads and loads of them in ruby makes it a rough road for players actually there for the pvp to get through. *

Also ZERO content outside of grind and nothing on the horizon for months is also helping the mood in game btw. Bonus dev trolling!

whats stopping non-garbo players from teaming up and stomp through the garbo horde ?

“i like solo”
“me no team”
“no time”

discuss !!!

The ppl I know who are ruby and not garbo (my POV) seldom play pvp when I do and are sometimes themselves already in other teams. If I see a player who is pulling his weight I will generally ask him to team with me. But honestly, I haven’t been able to get more than 5 consecutive matches with another such player before one of us had to bail and its back to solo if I want to play at the moment I’m on.

Also, quite frankly, I got tired of this season and mostly went to do something else including unranked. There isn’t much fun left and I’m already sure to get the backpack next season anyway so the incentive to endure the horrible matches I get while soloing are simply not there.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Diamonds not much better. You know how many 3v1’s at home I’ve seen in second tier diamond? My team 3 their team 1

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

OP doesn’t get it.
It’s not about leagues, it’s about having fun matches and the feeling of progression. Both of which are very sparsely seen this season for the majority of people.

Currently, it is also the case that ego-boosting win streaks happen at the cost of less experienced players. This should not be the case as it will drive away new players and slowly but steadily kill pvp (even more).

The devs are having some issues that Wildstar also had (not only pvp, in general). It seems that they are catering more and more to a minority of people at the expense of the majority. Taking all the feedback from hardcore players whilst ignoring the casual fanbase is rather alienating.

Since the release of HoT, Anet is really not doing a good job in my opinion. They axed Colin for it – let’s see what happens next.

Share you opinion, flame if you feel like it, either way is fine for me.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

“i like solo”
“me no team”
“no time”

discuss !!!

Lol you completely nailed it, the same very things I keep asking myself whenever I read the QQ posts here.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

OP doesn’t get it.
It’s not about leagues, it’s about having fun matches and the feeling of progression. Both of which are very sparsely seen this season for the majority of people.

Currently, it is also the case that ego-boosting win streaks happen at the cost of less experienced players. This should not be the case as it will drive away new players and slowly but steadily kill pvp (even more).

The devs are having some issues that Wildstar also had (not only pvp, in general). It seems that they are catering more and more to a minority of people at the expense of the majority. Taking all the feedback from hardcore players whilst ignoring the casual fanbase is rather alienating.

Since the release of HoT, Anet is really not doing a good job in my opinion. They axed Colin for it – let’s see what happens next.

Share you opinion, flame if you feel like it, either way is fine for me.

Here’s the issue in why both systems don’t work (and I have 0 clue on how anet can fix this). We had this “close game” system last season (not fully tested without all the exploits that happened early) but more experienced players were frustrated by having to play matches close to their skill level early at amber, meanwhile average joe plays his “even” matches even if they are of poor quality from an experienced players point of view, so you have 2 types of players reaching top tier: the people that shouldn’t reach it and people that worked harder for it.

Personally this current system is too extreme because more experienced players don’t really feel like they are playing a competitive match (I personally felt like playing less because it feels like a glorified unranked system in terms of the opponents you face). So in the end, is there a solution? Likely not, the previous system definitely looks better, but it would be the same person that would cost the game for more experienced players in team play. The real challenge anet has is making matches competitive while still not letting un-experienced players get carried through ranks, which I think is impossible, might as well swallow the pill that the game is extremely casual, I have.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

“i like solo”
“me no team”
“no time”

discuss !!!

Because trying to find those good ruby players is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Ive tried that (even joined a guild for it) and lost more games to bad ruby players that thought they are good than to soloqueue.

Currently Im searching for a pvp guild that does trials to ensure quality of members… but somehow cant really find one.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

i think most people dont team up with others because they dont know any other decent pvp players and until now they didnt need to party up with others for pvp so their fl is empty

when im waiting for queue i always see things like “lfm div3 pvp” in mapchat and i think thats sad, because asking in mapchat is not a way to find a group for pvp but also no one is using the lfg tool for that , dunno why…

imo the best thing would be to get an option that if you win the game you can decide if you want to stay with the team and queue as a team for the next match, like it was in gw1. that way you can make new buddies just for pvp and you know that theiy are decent at their division