..if your team has very low rating

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

..if your team has very low rating compare to the average of both team..

you should not be losing -18 while getting completely dominated…

i noticed a pattern..the moment i reach 1650 ish, you will start getting 1500 as teammate and get dominated and lose 15+ rating each match for straight 3-5 matches…while before 1650 it was normal like around 10 win or lose…

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Out of curiosity, how do you know your teammates are 1500? Seems like you are seeing this happen repeatedly so I have to assume there is some way to determine your teammates’ rating. Or are you just assuming their rating because you feel like they are playing at an inferior level?

I am actually under the impression that you lose more rating when your average is higher than the enemy. So if your teammates are that much lower than you then it should be dragging your average down and you shouldn’t be losing as much, unless the opponent has a similar rating or is even lower.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

The loss and gain of rating solely based on your personal rating vs the Average rating of the opposing team. So if your rating is higher than the opposing team you lose more if it’s lower you lose less. Remember it’s your actual Ratig vs an Average, more times than not your rating will be higher than the average of the opposing team.

And Op could be adding everyone in his matches to their friends list (doubtful) and waiting a day for them to populate in the Friends/Guild tab on the League tab.

in PvP

lighter.2708

Out of curiosity, how do you know your teammates are 1500? .

because i asked nicely and they told me?

in PvP

Omcrazy.4756

You do this for all your teammates? When do you do this? Before the match? Whisper after the match?

I’m just wondering because so many posts complaining about the MM like this but are they really taking a poll every match? Or is it like one or two particularly bad players they are asking then blaming all their losses on MM?

in PvP

lighter.2708

You do this for all your teammates? When do you do this? Before the match? Whisper after the match?

more like i do this, when i see my teammates are clearly out skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Roarshack.4902

Roarshack.4902

I have had the exact same experience over the last two days. I was 1663 and ive dropped almost a hundred points due to being matched with low rank players. I have to win two for ever loss.

in PvP

lighter.2708

I have had the exact same experience over the last two days. I was 1663 and ive dropped almost a hundred points due to being matched with low rank players. I have to win two for ever loss.

The loss and gain of rating solely based on your personal rating vs the Average rating of the opposing team.

if it is true, you are teamed with low rating people and your team gets dominated because overall out skilled and yet you are still losing more then 15 points each match, seems wrong to me

in PvP

Omcrazy.4756

The loss and gain of rating solely based on your personal rating vs the Average rating of the opposing team.

if it is true, you are teamed with low rating people and your team gets dominated because overall out skilled and yet you are still losing more then 15 points each match, seems wrong to me

I don’t disagree with the idea of taking the entire team’s average into account when determining how many points are gained or lost. But I can’t say I know how they do it one way or another.

I will say one thing though, be careful just assuming your losses are due to being matched with lower ranked players. Yes, some might be. But why assume its only your team? Who is to say your wins haven’t been against teams with lower ranked players? Whose to say your losses where you have a low skill player the enemy team doesn’t also and they just did a better job hiding that fact?

Arrogant to assume your successes are due to your own prowess but your losses are due to something outside your control.

in PvP

Roarshack.4902

Like its joke. The game is kittenting on higher ranked players because there are not enough of us.

Attachments:

in PvP

Roarshack.4902

I don’t disagree with the idea of taking the entire team’s average into account when determining how many points are gained or lost. But I can’t say I know how they do it one way or another.

I will say one thing though, be careful just assuming your losses are due to being matched with lower ranked players. Yes, some might be. But why assume its only your team? Who is to say your wins haven’t been against teams with lower ranked players? Whose to say your losses where you have a low skill player the enemy team doesn’t also and they just did a better job hiding that fact?

Arrogant to assume your successes are due to your own prowess but your losses are due to something outside your control.

My success is due to working with team who know what to do vs losing with team with no sense of how to win or work together.

in PvP

lighter.2708

your logic is flawed..and you are not on the topic.
doesn’t matter the lose is due to being matched with lower ranked players or not, you should not be losing 15 points while getting completely getting stomped one match after another, after you reach certain rating threshold .

And does it matter if my enemy team is low rank or not, so i’m matched against team that are so much better then mine(we can not hope to win a single fight) yet they are all accidentally ranked lower then me, one match after another? that’s what you are saying?

and does it matter if my wins are against low rank? i’m not getting 15-18 points per win, i’m getting 7-10 that seems fair after winning a match against lower rank, so what’s the problem here?

in PvP

Omcrazy.4756

My success is due to working with team who know what to do vs losing with team with no sense of how to win or work together.

Suggestion: If your team doesn’t know what tactics to do to handle the match maybe try to explain using reasonable language. Be a leader. And early in the match when there is still a chance to turn things around.

And maybe your success is due to your enemy being a team with no sense of how to win or work together and your losses are due to an enemy team that know what to do. That’s my point. Always assuming your wins are entirely due to your efforts or your teams is arrogant. Just as often as you are getting garbage teammates your opponents are likely as well.

Lord knows when I see the enemy trickling into mid one at a time vs 3 of us I don’t think my win is because I am superman.

in PvP

Roarshack.4902

Suggestion: If your team doesn’t know what tactics to do to handle the match maybe try to explain using reasonable language. Be a leader. And early in the match when there is still a chance to turn things around.

And maybe your success is due to your enemy being a team with no sense of how to win or work together and your losses are due to an enemy team that know what to do. That’s my point. Always assuming your wins are entirely due to your efforts or your teams is arrogant. Just as often as you are getting garbage teammates your opponents are likely as well.

Lord knows when I see the enemy trickling into mid one at a time vs 3 of us I don’t think my win is because I am superman.

All your doing is discrediting my ability as a player. I know what good players look like and bad players. No amount of direction help if your team doesnt know how to rotate or what points to ignore, or simply not looking at their map

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

..if your team has very low rating compare to the average of both team..

you should not be losing -18 while getting completely dominated…

i noticed a pattern..the moment i reach 1650 ish, you will start getting 1500 as teammate and get dominated and lose 15+ rating each match for straight 3-5 matches…while before 1650 it was normal like around 10 win or lose…

I’ve noticed this too!!! I solo queue, so it’s really obvious when my team seems to be on the “low mmr” side. It’s stupid ASF!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Omcrazy.4756

All your doing is discrediting my ability as a player. I know what good players look like and bad players. No amount of direction help if your team doesnt know how to rotate or what points to ignore, or simply not looking at their map

Not trying to discredit your play itself. Although I do get tired of the mentality that anything good is because you did good and anything bad is because somehow the world has it out for you. Do you not see how that’s a little egotistical?

But you are wrong about giving direction not helping. If you can do it in a constructive way it should help more often than not. No, it won’t make that thief suddenly start winning his 1v1s or that squishy guard stop exploding at mid. But it might help if you suggest the thief runs away when he sees someone bunkering on the point. He might think he is helping by occupying the enemy (I’ve seen people say this) when he is actually just feeding them.

I am not saying that trying to give direction will suddenly start winning every match. But 90% of the matches I play the most communication you see is “thief home rest mid” at the beginning of a match and then flame and toxicity if the game goes poorly. In 150+ matches this season I cannot think of a single time where someone has suggested something without having to add something insulting to it. Most of the time its just silence.

in PvP

Roarshack.4902

Not trying to discredit your play itself. Although I do get tired of the mentality that anything good is because you did good and anything bad is because somehow the world has it out for you. Do you not see how that’s a little egotistical?

But you are wrong about giving direction not helping. If you can do it in a constructive way it should help more often than not. No, it won’t make that thief suddenly start winning his 1v1s or that squishy guard stop exploding at mid. But it might help if you suggest the thief runs away when he sees someone bunkering on the point. He might think he is helping by occupying the enemy (I’ve seen people say this) when he is actually just feeding them.

I am not saying that trying to give direction will suddenly start winning every match. But 90% of the matches I play the most communication you see is “thief home rest mid” at the beginning of a match and then flame and toxicity if the game goes poorly. In 150+ matches this season I cannot think of a single time where someone has suggested something without having to add something insulting to it. Most of the time its just silence.

I know how to play the game, I know its a team game, I know if we are losing its more likely due to 1 or 2 players no doing their part vs Im the only good one. I dont have time to teach players how to play in the middle of the game. I can ping the map, and type simple instruction, but it wont turn bad players good. Its not fair for me to have to lose due to their inexperience with the game, and when I do win to get only half the points. So that even if I were to maintain a positive winning ratio I would still be losing points. Do you see why this is wrong? And on the flip side its not fair for a low rank team to match with higher players and get stomped, its not fun. This is due to the lack of higher level players. I shouldn’t tank 150 points in a row because the game doesn’t have enough players my rank to match me with. If I am the high rank player on my team I jack up the average on my team, meaning the rest has to be lower to compensate. And if we are paired against a team with players relatively the same rank that are higher than whats on my team, we are at a disadvantage. Any high rank player in this position can only influence where they are on the map, can only give so much direction mid fight. You have to put your faith in your team to know what to do, thats why its a team game. And when they dont know what to do, or are not listening, or simply have not learned to read their map youll lose.

This makes playing ranked pointless. Twice this season I have had huge drops in rank. 1622-1465 and 1672-1512. This should not happen if matching for both teams is relatively even. Especially if I have maintained a positive win rate, which I still have even though im at the bottom of another tank.

(edited by Roarshack.4902)

in PvP

Omcrazy.4756

I definitely agree that if you win or lose your team’s overall or average rank should be taken into account. And close matches should count less or more than lopsided ones.

I also suspect the MM pulls too widely too quickly in an effort to get short queue times which results in teams made of fairly varied ranks. I’ve seen some suggest there are good lists and bad lists where lopsided teams happen more frequently, and that is just tinfoil nonsense. But I definitely think its possible to see someone in plat get paired with a gold while the other team gets a legend, etc.

But that match making should even out over the long run. Statistically, streaks are going to happen. Both win streaks and loss streaks.

From my personal experience, I got placed in G3 and those 10 games I looked like I was a true beast. Winning every 1v1, lopsided wins or close wins with me basically carrying. Then I started playing in G3. Yeah, definitely out skilled, I did not belong.

I landed in G3 on a ride of somewhat lucky matchups. Then got kicked out of it due to both me being ranked too high and some bad luck matchups. Since I have basically kept it at .500.

Really, only the top 250 should be expecting to have higher than a .500 win rate because they are basically forced to play against people of lower skill (because there are fewer of higher or equal skill to play against). In general a ranking system should eventually stabilize to where you are competing at your rank. For me, that’s right in the middle of G1. I sometimes rise or fall on the back of streaks but, in general, it evens out to .500.

People seem to think that they should have a win rate over .500. But that isn’t how ranked competitive play works, in any game. Being above .500 likely means you were ranked a bit low or are just riding a lucky streak. Being below .500 likely means the opposite.

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Sometimes you just know you are on a team of lesser skilled players. As you can see, we got roflstomped and none of my stats were very impressive, yet I swept all top stats.

[img]https://db.tt/5qVtaZ0hLP[/img]

Edit: I’m not sure how to correctly format a picture post, but the link does work.

(edited by MachineManXX.9746)

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Sometimes you just know you are on a team of lesser skilled players. As you can see, we got roflstomped and none of my stats were very impressive, yet I swept all top stats. This way the ragers which AFK will play too.

This will stop the ragers from afk. The good players will have reason to play. The bad players wont lose more than they have been losing before.

Edit: I’m not sure how to correctly format a picture post.

THIS

Tired of such matches. It is wrong to have 1000 matches and have 2500-3000 (for example) top stats awarded but still to have more than 50% of the games lost. This means that EACH match you have 2-3 stats top but still, lose the game. Which means you are constantly playing better than your team, which means that the game puts weaker players in your team and not players that match your skill, which means you play with a handicap. And I AM OK with this as long as I don’t lose so much rating. IMO make it, if you have 2 top stats to lose half and if you have 3 top stats – to lose 1/3 or 1/4… And if you have 4+ top stats u should lose only 1 (like symbolical) or nothing because clearly, something is wrong with the team then.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Sometimes you just know you are on a team of lesser skilled players. As you can see, we got roflstomped and none of my stats were very impressive, yet I swept all top stats. This way the ragers which AFK will play too.

This will stop the ragers from afk. The good players will have reason to play. The bad players wont lose more than they have been losing before.

Edit: I’m not sure how to correctly format a picture post.

THIS

Tired of such matches. It is wrong to have 1000 matches and have 2500-3000 (for example) top stats awarded but still to have more than 50% of the games lost. This means that EACH match you have 2-3 stats top but still, lose the game. Which means you are constantly playing better than your team, which means that the game puts weaker players in your team and not players that match your skill, which means you play with a handicap. And I AM OK with this as long as I don’t lose so much rating. IMO make it, if you have 2 top stats to lose half and if you have 3 top stats – to lose 1/3 or 1/4… And if you have 4+ top stats u should lose only 1 (like symbolical) or nothing because clearly, something is wrong with the team then.

Top stats mean nothing…someone have to get it and some are very class related … play a ele healboot and you get ever the heal top stat, play a bunker and dont move from mid you get the defense top stat play a scraper and easili you get top res etc etc.

in PvP

bOTEB.1573

Don’t know about your “normal” criteria but for me isn’t normal to get top kills+top dmg+top healing+top offense/defense/revives

Top stats is a metric, just like your PVP rating. It is there so it means something. In fact it shows exactly something – that you have made the most dmg/heal/revives etc…

You are telling me that dmg/heal/offense/defense doesn’t matter.

You can achieve 1-2 top stats very easy, how about your heal bot to achieve 4-5-6 top stats ? Will it be strange for you if your healbot got top dmg, kills and offense? I gues not with your logic.

The most important question is: does this person with 6 top stats deserve the loss as the other 4 players get, with no top stats at all? Is he fairly matched with his team?

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in PvP

MachineManXX.9746

I agree, top stats do not tell the whole story. Sweeping all 6 though? I’m not that good, but I was on a different level than the rest of my team. Which is what this post is all about. We lost 500 – 136 and I went -16 rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Rating gains/losses are not conspiring against you:

If you are rated 1650, both teams are average 1500, yes, you will lose in the ballpark of 18 rating. Higher rated players are supposed to exert more influence over the match, and if they don’t, they are adjusted to lose a little more rating.

If you lose more than 15, either your personal rating, or your team average rating is higher than the enemies.

The higher your rating the more likely you are to be > enemy’s team rating and lose more, it’s a countermeasure against climbing rating too fast.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

bOTEB.1573

Rating gains/losses are not conspiring against you:

If you are rated 1650, both teams are average 1500, yes, you will lose in the ballpark of 18 rating. Higher rated players are supposed to exert more influence over the match, and if they don’t, they are adjusted to lose a little more rating.

If you lose more than 15, either your personal rating, or your team average rating is higher than the enemies.

The higher your rating the more likely you are to be > enemy’s team rating and lose more, it’s a countermeasure against climbing rating too fast.

I don’t think anyone is talking about a conspiration. We are talking about an unfair, rather huge, flaw.

in PvP

megilandil.7506

Don’t know about your “normal” criteria but for me isn’t normal to get top kills+top dmg+top healing+top offense/defense/revives

Top stats is a metric, just like your PVP rating. It is there so it means something. In fact it shows exactly something – that you have made the most dmg/heal/revives etc…

You are telling me that dmg/heal/offense/defense doesn’t matter.

You can achieve 1-2 top stats very easy, how about your heal bot to achieve 4-5-6 top stats ? Will it be strange for you if your healbot got top dmg, kills and offense? I gues not with your logic.

The most important question is: does this person with 6 top stats deserve the loss as the other 4 players get, with no top stats at all? Is he fairly matched with his team?

this person with the 6 top stats can be “better” than the others of his team… but “worse” than any one of the opositte team and he “deserves” the lots equal to others of his team , clearly is a case of stacked match but that happens
other extreme example, imagine all players get 20% aprox contrib to each one stat , the one that get the top stat for doing 20.1% is “better” than the one whith 20.05? in this escenario a player poerforming equal to the others can get 1,2… all or nothing doing the “same” of the others

the fact you get the top stat is less important someone have to get it, the % to the top stat says more than " top stat"
you get 20% aprox you do your share of stat, you get significant more than 20% you overperformed in those stat get or not top stat, you do much less than 20% you dont contributed much in those stat
i think they have to give more information like position in every stat to get a more acurate picture

(edited by megilandil.7506)

in PvP

bOTEB.1573

this person with the 6 top stats can be “better” than the others of his team… but “worse” than any one of the opositte team

I bet if u are gold and your team is silver u will be ok to face plat and legendary opponents only. We all deserve the match and ofc the loss with it. Nothing wrong. In all scenarios, no one deserves such games. This is considered a handicap.

The other part of your post is logical only on paper, unfortunately, it never happens.

20.1%? Seriously, do you believe this for all 6 stats?

This guy was healing, damaging, capping points, defending points, reviving and everything else, better than the other 4 players.. ALL THESE THINGS. Do you know how hard is to have a top offense and top defense and at the same time top dmg, top kills, top healing and top revive?

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in PvP

megilandil.7506

this person with the 6 top stats can be “better” than the others of his team… but “worse” than any one of the opositte team

I bet if u are gold and your team is silver u will be ok to face plat and legendary opponents only. We all deserve the match and ofc the loss with it. Nothing wrong. In all scenarios, no one deserves such games. This is considered a handicap.

The other part of your post is logical only on paper, unfortunately, it never happens.

20.1%? Seriously, do you believe this for all 6 stats?

This guy was healing, damaging, capping points, defending points, reviving and everything else, better than the other 4 players.. ALL THESE THINGS. Do you know how hard is to have a top offense and top defense and at the same time top dmg, top kills, top healing and top revive?

just saying scenarios where you can get a lot of top stats and you not deserving any “special treatment”
stacked matches arent fair and im not telling they are, but is a posible scenario , sadly a current scenario.

and more important awarding top stats will made game more toxic, people more concerned on chasing stats than real contributing to win… seen a lot of times games where the decisive factor is a thief chasing free decaps/caps and not being awarded with any top

in PvP

bOTEB.1573

The stats measure how someone has played in the game. PVP is not all about stats but they measure if you were capping a lot if you were defending a lot if you are able to damage the enemy a lot, which is very important, or if you were able to heal/revive (aka support) your team a lot. I am not saying that these stats should ALONE make the game treat you special but you have to agree that if you have performed a lot better than your team mates, you should be treated as a better player in an unfair match.

As Chaith said, the game already treats teams like this (special), awarding or taking different rank points depending on how strong the enemy team was compared to yours. Why this can’t be applied to individual players also? I don’t know how but if I have 50% healing/dmg/revives/capture/offense/defense (all 6), and the other 4 players have each 12.5% of these, don’t you think I should be treated with less lose points (and the game ends at 500-100)? Clearly, my place isn’t in these players league or these players don’t belong in this league. It is either I lose fewer points so I can play with people that are near my skill level or they lose more points so they move away from me. I wouldn’t want to have another game with these players. How about you?

in PvP

MachineManXX.9746

Just to clarify, I always accept my responsibility for losses. I don’t think there are any conspiracies, even when losing 8 of 10. I usually follow a losing streak with a nice streak of 8 of 10 wins. I try to learn something from every game to try and make myself better.

I also know top stats do not mean much. As has been said, it’s easy and rather expected to get 1, 2 or 3 every game, even if not making a big positive impact on the outcome. I’ve also had games where I know I played well and made big contributions and had no top stats.

The game I posted the screen shot, I didn’t feel I played particularly well. I did what I could to try and win, but losing 500 – 136, things obviously aren’t working very well. I was very surprised at the end of the game to see I had all 6 top stats. It just pointed to me that I was probably rated much higher than the rest of my team and I felt bad that I wasn’t able to carry better.

It was interesting enough to me to take a screen shot. Then the next day I saw this post and my game was an exact fit to this topic. It doesn’t mean anything other than occasionally you will get a strange match-up for whatever reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Just to clarify, I always accept my responsibility for losses. I don’t think there are any conspiracies, even when losing 8 of 10. I usually follow a losing streak with a nice streak of 8 of 10 wins. I try to learn something from every game to try and make myself better.

I also know top stats do not mean much. As has been said, it’s easy and rather expected to get 1, 2 or 3 every game, even if not making a big positive impact on the outcome. I’ve also had games where I know I played well and made big contributions and had no top stats.

The game I posted the screen shot, I didn’t feel I played particularly well. I did what I could to try and win, but losing 500 - 136, things obviously aren’t working very well. I was very surprised at the end of the game to see I had all 6 top stats. It just pointed to me that I was probably rated much higher than the rest of my team and I felt bad that I wasn’t able to carry better.

It was interesting enough to me to take a screen shot. Then the next day I saw this post and my game was an exact fit to this topic. It doesn’t mean anything other than occasionally you will get a strange match-up for whatever reason.

No offense but that is kinda gullible way of thinking. The thing about those matches is not that they happen, because they take place in every game. The issue is that it happens way too often and it is too volatile and punishing to be taken as an amusement. If a hurricane blasts down your barn and you couldn’t do anything about, would you still think "I could have done something to prevent that"?
However, I understand the way of taking the responsibility. Today I had a handful of matches and I can tell that 2 matches that I lost today, were lost also due to some of my mistakes. But, I can easily tell that 6 or so of those matches were just basic roflstomps.
Of course I do not say that I am the greatest player in my team. I might be one of the two or three who are capable, but a deadweight is a deadweight that you can’t carry if your opponent is stacked. You might carry if the enemy has to carry to, but it won’t work the other way around. I had a very underwhelming experience in one match today. Both teams spread out to every point, so as a dude with a nice surprise-burst kind of build on my hands I decided to roam and get into fights for quick downs. It went well, most of the time getting kills as soon as I showed up in 1v2’s that dragged on for too long. The thing is... whenever I choose one point, the other two were capped by the enemy. Once I got home I went to mid, when I got mid we lost home. When I took advantage of taking far, we lost mid. It wouldn’t be that bad if it was a case of teamfights where one side fails or the other. The issue was that, I believe, 3 players in my team kept on dying on contact, like they were balloons showered with needles. Insta locked into a focus of condition/power and crowd control train. In the end I asked myself "what I could have done better to win this". Guess what, I found an answer and it was pretty simple. We would win if I just were on all three or at least two points at the same time.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)