im struggling here boss

im struggling here boss

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

As a non shout bow warrior ive been running hambow since pre simply because i love seeing my character hit someone with the hammer and them falling, stil funny to me. Im struggling because each new update and patch has forced me to make my build 0-0-6-2-6 and sadly today i jumped into this pool. I still dont run shouts but i dont like playing bow. I used it before and like a helpful team boost but i mostly like using the hammer and as a melee character today i cant do much.

For instance against a necro MM today with staff she had her minion trap so i couldnt move and then threw her staff weapon skills down and basically for the rest of our fight i had to use the bow. Same vs a ele, mesmer and theif. There constant tele port skills make it for alot of weapons to just not be usable any more in pvp. I know alot of changes are coming but i would like to see a clash between melee vs ranger character cause atm there isnt.

Every person who uses a melee character has to use crit sigils whether its like stealing or air/fire. Im not enjoying the randomness of peoples attacks blasting me anywhere from 1-8k damage when im fighting the same person. Hopefully the changes to pvp change some of the forced gameplay but as i said in the title, im finally starting to struggle with having fun in pvp

im struggling here boss

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I hear you on the feeling you are being forced down a certain path for war…. but you really lost me on the complaining about MM necro part. There are a ton of very good warrior builds to handle MM necros condie necro and power necros all at once. You liking hammer already puts you in a good spot. You dont like bow thats fine, get a shield and say axe or mace and you will have a huge edge on necro.

All that said, GW2 is going to be more of a spam fest with more RNG after patch.

Its hard to feel sorry for anyones complaints as I main a necro.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

im struggling here boss

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i run sw/sh hammer with full shouts and its been working just fine. it will be even better with the new traits.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

im struggling here boss

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

All i said was i was forced to use longbow against the MM necro, also necros when used properly are pretty good. Im not using a shoutbow so the condi removal can be a problem at times.

Let me go more into detail, i dont use double crit sigils. I use the 5% and gift of battle for might stacking. I use rune of the pack with the zerker ammy for as much dps as possible. I have around 2.4 k into power/damage and im running into cele shoutbow warriors who do just as much damage and more condi damage.

With my hammer im doing around 900-2k dmg on hits. When these double crit pvp players have this cele boon popping build they do like no dmg most hits then BOOM i lose 8k life from a fire and air crit hit. Im sitting here like this is a MM necro or its a scepter/focus ele.

Choovanski said he doing fine with shouts, which just means hes running cele with crit runes with a 0-0-6-2-6 build. All im saying is for a good 2-3 years i was able to run stances and play more melee then bow and that day ended. Just my opinion.

im struggling here boss

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

All i said was i was forced to use longbow against the MM necro, also necros when used properly are pretty good. Im not using a shoutbow so the condi removal can be a problem at times.

Let me go more into detail, i dont use double crit sigils. I use the 5% and gift of battle for might stacking. I use rune of the pack with the zerker ammy for as much dps as possible. I have around 2.4 k into power/damage and im running into cele shoutbow warriors who do just as much damage and more condi damage.

With my hammer im doing around 900-2k dmg on hits. When these double crit pvp players have this cele boon popping build they do like no dmg most hits then BOOM i lose 8k life from a fire and air crit hit. Im sitting here like this is a MM necro or its a scepter/focus ele.

Choovanski said he doing fine with shouts, which just means hes running cele with crit runes with a 0-0-6-2-6 build. All im saying is for a good 2-3 years i was able to run stances and play more melee then bow and that day ended. Just my opinion.

i actually run valk amulet with soldier runes and intelligence sigils, 00662 if you must know. i still have 2k power, but ive also got well over 3k armour. I don’t run cele because without the bow the condi dmg is pointless, and more power is just better. shout bow damage is poor without might, and it lacks any killer combos. hammer stun chain into shieldbash > final thrust is just beautiful.

I’ve a pal who i que with a lot who alternates between zerker greatbow with stances, and the wvw hammer GS classic. he can make it work, but im sure he runs fire and air. quite frankly not running fire and air on one of your weapons if your using zerker amulet is a bad idea, the benefit zerkers get from them is huge.

against something like minionmancer you just go for the stunlock, well with hammer you always go for the stunlock it never changes that’s why i love it. necro is not bad, but they have no stab and few stunbreaks so if you can stick on them with hammer you should be able to cc them to death. the beauty of the hammer is that your best offensive skills are also your best defensive skills, because a cc’d player can’t fight back.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

im struggling here boss

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

i actually run valk amulet with soldier runes and intelligence sigils, 00662 if you must know. i still have 2k power, but ive also got well over 3k armour. I don’t run cele because without the bow the condi dmg is pointless, and more power is just better. shout bow damage is poor without might, and it lacks any killer combos. hammer stun chain into shieldbash > final thrust is just beautiful.

I’ve a pal who i que with a lot who alternates between zerker greatbow with stances, and the wvw hammer GS classic. he can make it work, but im sure he runs fire and air. quite frankly not running fire and air on one of your weapons if your using zerker amulet is a bad idea, the benefit zerkers get from them is huge.

against something like minionmancer you just go for the stunlock, well with hammer you always go for the stunlock it never changes that’s why i love it. necro is not bad, but they have no stab and few stunbreaks so if you can stick on them with hammer you should be able to cc them to death. the beauty of the hammer is that your best offensive skills are also your best defensive skills, because a cc’d player can’t fight back.

my apologies