increase penalties for quitters please

in PvP

Posted by: Jitson.6051

Jitson.6051

For the love of kittens, please increase the penalty for ragequitters from 16minutes to 12hours. I’m okay with a kittened matchmaking system, but atleast don’t let quitters get off so easy. I personally DO NOT understand ragequitters in this game because even when you lose you still kitten get something! What a concept! Not like in the GW1 days when you lost, you got nothing.

Like if you’re going to give up, then feed the other team kills to make it atleast seem like you’re not a little fragile scared kitten, and make it seem like you’re still in the game even if you’re losing 2:1 in points. Because at the end of the round YOU STILL KITTEN GET SOMETHING! Jeez it’s not that kitten hard man. For the love of kittens if you can’t even stay in a 10minute match I don’t know what to say to you, just please don’t ruin the match for your team like a little kitten.

ANET, PVP is a joke. “Ranked/League Mode” is a joke. Revenge of the Capricorn Mode is a joke. Quitters are a big fat joke, when you kittens gonna do something about it?

(edited by Jitson.6051)

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. The penalty is ok, because it is not possible to tell whether somebody ragequit intentionally or just dc-ed and such. Depite you saying you still get something even when you lose is kind of irrelevant because the only thing really matters is the pip itself. yes you get some reward track progress and such but that’s just worthless. The real problem is that there is no incentive at all to put effort in a losing game, what you want is to solve the problem, not just treat the symptoms.
If ppl on the losing side still had something to fight for even though they know they will lose the game ultimately then ppl wouldnt ragequit/afk in base. Like if you didnt lose a pip if you were the top player on the losing team, then everyone would want to put in more to try to get to there and avoid losing that pip, hell who know, might as well be enough to turn a game around….

in PvP

Jitson.6051

That still doesn’t make sense to leave the game. Even if you think you’re going to lose, why don’t you just stay until the end of the round to get the free reward? This is a problem in BOTH Ranked and Unranked Mode, it makes NO sense to me why people quit. You would actually be helping your team lose faster if you just gave up and ran into the enemy, if you REALLY want to give up, atleast then people won’t know you’re a punk kitten quitter.

The pip/league system is kittened, the matchmaking system is kittened. But you can actually do something about people who come into PvP and cannot handle a single loss, by increasing the timeout so they can’t come back so easily, it’s ridiculous. I’ve had roughly 4 games in a row ranked/unranked where there was a quitter on either team, and it was no fun either way. I’ll say it again GW2 PvP is a joke.

But if you try to PvP and you can’t handle losses, even when you get an A for effort, then you should be banned from PvP for AT LEAST 12hours, simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

There is no point to open such treds, just so a mod. Will close it in a couple of days.
There is 2 sides here , ok 3 if u count the legit dc.
There is those players that even if they r losing 400-100 and have no caps and they lose all team fights , that like to keep playing until the end and keep feeding over and over.
And then there are those that look at the bigger picture and see that in such situations u just cant win and afk.
Ofc those that cant see there are lost, dont understand why that guy went afk and decides to come to the forum and cry.
Im sorry but there are games that u just cant win, and since there isnt a /resign ,players just give up.
U can even look at 1 example , about the team 0 counter play , the game was just 60- 0 or so , and they stoped playing , cause they knew the game was lost.
Im not gonna go into details but u can look it up.
The thing is some games are lost and there is no incentive to keep playing.
Rage all u want, come and tell me to keep feeding and that u have an obligation to the team and all that.
But…. if the game is lost, and u can see its really lost due to losing all team fights and bad team comp and 400-0 with no caps u cant blame some 1 for afk , enough its enough, ask anet to fix the MM and class staking and such, then we can talk more.
Now i know some of u agree with me and some dont, and no 1 is going to change any ones mind.
I hope anet adds a / resign and a build template in this game.
Gl and see u ingame.

in PvP

Jitson.6051

I’m a genius. Make it so that you get rank points for kills, objective captures/defends in a match etc. E.g. when you get a kill in a match currently you see the +10 +5 when you kill the player. Why not turn those +10/5 into rank points? And better yet why not double or QUADRUPLE those points, so that you’re getting 40 rank points per kill? You mentioned players have nothing to fight for, there they have something to fight for instead of afk or quitting. Increase the things that already give rank points across the reward then BAM, you get 3 or more reward track items just for readyup and losing a full match in 10minutes.

In GW1 you got faction for kills in pvp, so why not in GW2? Points on the scoreboard literally don’t mean kittens in GW2 like Madman mentioned. You can win a game and still be bottom scorer and still get same rewards as top player. So why not actually turn them into rank points, so they actually mean something!

PvP isn’t beyond fixing, it’s still a joke, but there are obvious ways ANET could improve it.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

I’m a genius. Make it so that you get rank points for kills, objective captures/defends in a match etc. E.g. when you get a kill in a match currently you see the +10 +5 when you kill the player. Why not turn those +10/5 into rank points? And better yet why not double or QUADRUPLE those points, so that you’re getting 40 rank points per kill? You mentioned players have nothing to fight for, there they have something to fight for instead of afk or quitting. Increase the things that already give rank points across the reward then BAM, you get 3 or more reward track items just for readyup and losing a full match in 10minutes.

In GW1 you got faction for kills in pvp, so why not in GW2? Points on the scoreboard literally don’t mean kittens in GW2 like Madman mentioned. You can win a game and still be bottom scorer and still get same rewards as top player. So why not actually turn them into rank points, so they actually mean something!

PvP isn’t beyond fixing, it’s still a joke, but there are obvious ways ANET could improve it.

Would result in double capping or zerging (if people cared about rank points) and those that don’t care (the majority of the PvP playerbase) would continue to afk / leave anyways. I don’t think that there is much that can be done, except make the individual lose 2 pips instead of one (that ignores pip safeguards such as tiers or divisions).

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

In my opinion it depends on the situation. Sometime i am an akfer . Why have i to play when i am 50-350 ? what is the meaning to jump down and feed the enemy ? I prefer to wait next match when it’s happen …. and usually people who insult me is the same who run 1 vs 3 at every respawn … for example, or people camping far for hours dieing as a rally bot . I think that the real problem is that it is too common to find people who don’t consider base rules … like wait for people to respawn when you get reck … if you get reck in 3… or 5 … what do you want to do going alone ? Or when you see people losing 1 vs 1 a time and then go back as a bot to make them stomp. If i get stomped once, i try to avoid to go 1 vs 1 against the same player again … i wait to go in 2 or i go in a teamfight where i can be more usefull or trying to overrotate . AFK quite often is related also to other players …

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I realy dislike AFK ers … Had one in ranked two days ago… The match was even and one player made a mistake, another one criticided him, and as a result did go AFK loosing us the match … If you go in a match then you do it to play and if it´s ranked you should trie hard till the end … you are not alone. Throwing a match affecting four others is very unsocial and should be punished by cumulating dishonour.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

I realy dislike AFK ers … Had one in ranked two days ago… The match was even and one player made a mistake, another one criticided him, and as a result did go AFK loosing us the match … If you go in a match then you do it to play and if it´s ranked you should trie hard till the end … you are not alone. Throwing a match affecting four others is very unsocial and should be punished by cumulating dishonour.

Only an idiot for a kid throws away a close match going afk. The bigger part of afk i meet are when match is a no way match. Another thing i see in this season is some bot. You recognize them becouse at start they run till the first wall and run against them all the time . They don’t go down and don’t respond to any word. I saw a warrior in 3 matches doing the same thing so i belive it is some sort of bot

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

There are ragequitters and afkers. If someone afks, cause i don’t know – lunch is burning, someone’s at the door etc i won’t throw tantrums. Am such case sometimes myself.

But quitters who throw a tantrum barely 4 minutes into a match i hate, had that twice in a row today. I’m at 0 pips so no harm done, but my teammates weren’t so lucky..
This needs some kicking to the curb.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It can happen to all of us that we can´t start or finish a match. But it should be and exception. I think i had it two times that i got dishonour (one due to client stuck in match start screen and once due to disconnection …) since HOT start…
Dishonour effect cumulate. It´s not a big issue if it happens once. Get a coffee and start the next one. If you do it more often (which is usualy intentional, maybe by not wantign to waste time when seeing three thiefs on your team or the rooky from last game ..) then prepare to be punished by longer timeouts and being scheduled with other AFK er´s.

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

It can happen to all of us that we can´t start or finish a match. But it should be and exception. I think i had it two times that i got dishonour (one due to client stuck in match start screen and once due to disconnection …) since HOT start…
Dishonour effect cumulate. It´s not a big issue if it happens once. Get a coffee and start the next one. If you do it more often (which is usualy intentional, maybe by not wantign to waste time when seeing three thiefs on your team or the rooky from last game ..) then prepare to be punished by longer timeouts and being scheduled with other AFK er´s.

But the real problem is that this game miss a resign button …

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Yeah, you can call gg in ESL games, why can’t you resign in gw2 similar to gw1 :|
+
If someone disconnects before the first cap, the game should simply stop. No pip gain/loss for anyone. Desertion for the person who left.

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

Yeah, you can call gg in ESL games, why can’t you resign in gw2 similar to gw1 :|
+
If someone disconnects before the first cap, the game should simply stop. No pip gain/loss for anyone. Desertion for the person who left.

I call gg in mapchat but if team go on … i let them go on alone ( obviously i call gg when there is no hope …. usually when there are 250 or more pt differences )

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

M2C FWIW

Resign button – Yes please.

True desertion should be more heavily punished

Genuine dc that rejoins and completes match should not get desertion or dishonor

“Blocking” a player should mean you can’t end up on a team with them again

Surrender option for obvious whitewash losses

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/