incredible lack in gw2 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

hello here,

Some days ago i did in the Beta a stronghold, in the match we were VERY close, each team at the lord on a big figth. Then one team win and i continue the figth until i get out. Then i wonder.. did we win or not ?

I will tell you one INCREDIBLE thing in gw2 pvp: there is no way to know !! no logs , no messages , no way to see your score or anything !! You have 3 second to react and read all the stats and if you do not because your are gaming then.. you don’t even know if you win

This is incredible lack, did you imagine end of a match in Leagues of legend with no score at the end ?

Please refrain from the “you should have watched”, “3second is more than enough” or “it is not 3s but 5s” remarks, all this is not the point. You can finish a pvp match with no way of knowing if you winned or not and you have in any case no way to see the stats of the last match you have done.

am i the only one that is bothered by this ?

regards,
alba

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I agree, some sort of heavy stat calculation is needed at the end of the game.

I’d very well like to compare my Condi dmg, Power dmg, All dmg, Team heals, and Self heals, to everyone else. That would make it nice.

Perhaps even a “Time spend off node” and “Time spent on node” criteria as well.

/esports

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

Well, you got a point there.

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

That has happened to me more times than I care to admit. Lol

We really do need a match history statistic page. Maybe last 10 matches and you view everyone’s personal performance from this matches?

in PvP

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Only thing that bothers me is that you get kicked so quickly and barely have any time to look over your scores and trophies.

If you miss the entire thing because you have to keep fighting even tho the match is OVER and it’s completely pointless, well.. that’s your fault for being a kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Its surely something that would be needed in any /esport enviroment. Anet has been putting much effort to push GW2 in this esport scenario but they didnt focus on the right way to do that.

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

there is a clear need for a “match history” with details of everything for all involved parties.
(it could even be a log.txt just created in a folder for you to check out afterwards.
if it was a log.txt i garanteed you we would see websites with incredibly good statistical data which could help a lot for many things…)

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

Its surely something that would be needed in any /esport enviroment. Anet has been putting much effort to push GW2 in this esport scenario but they didnt focus on the right way to do that.

not to be mean, but isn’t the only thing they have been doing, when we are talking esport, proclaiming"this is an esport, awesome esport over here" and nothing else?

there is really not anything in the game which would make me think “esport”.
the basis features which are absolutely must have even before considering going out as an esport just doesn’t exist in the game :/

however you are right, the amount of screaming about gw2 being an esport in no way add up with what they are doing or have been doing…
gw2 could have been a great esport if they had focused on simple areas, and accepted the faults of others (most noticeble as a faulty feature for esport is the downing systems which seems like a very bad idea as esport material)

(edited by Nyx.6532)

in PvP

cuge.5398

Downed state isnt such a big problem, you might not like it, but its just a game mechanic, something to play around, and that concentrate quite much strategic action.
A team that can handle downed state well has a great advantage over the opponent team.
What i think is really keeping far GW2 from a possible esport scene is another serie of issues:

- too much skill spam → there is no mana cost and CDs are often quite low to be meaningfull, this leads to let players ‘waste’ some skills without any drawback. There are some key skills that must be saved for the right times, but most dmg skills can just be spammed in the circle hoping to take down someone.

- too many AoE & cleaves→ its ok to have some AoE skills, maybe not only for mages but also some warrior able to spin around and hit more opponents, but GW2 just brought this to the limit, where nearly everything you do can hit multiple enemies, even if u are not aware of what is going on, you can just jump in and tap some buttons, and maybe something will go down, or u will go down eventually.
This isnt really healthy for the game because it does promote attack spam and not a calculated offense and target focusing.

- too many visual effects / stuff happening on the screen → this is mainly affecting ppl spectating the game rather than ppl playing it. When you watch a LoL or Dota match, you can almost always tell whats going on, even if u dont know much about the game, you can try to guess. If you watch a GW2 match….. well, what you see its a big mess, flashes all around, clones, pets, teleports, leap, flames everywhere, explosions everywhere, things blowing up, ppl jumping around dodging things and becoming immune to any kind of dmg while they roll.
So… if you ask someone that doesnt know the game this is what they will see… in this game there is much enfasis on every skill, even if its not really crucial, there should be some important visual effects/animation for those skills that can really turn the tide of the fight, and less useless skill spam.

All these points are quite connected, we can sum it up saying that there should be fewer skills but with some crucial ones, and these key skills should be highlighted by visuals efx.

in PvP

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

well i am glad everyone seems to agree an history score page would be a very nice thing for the last or more match with some stats helping us understand how the match was handled by the players.

hope this will appear eventually and Anet will see the need for this. At least not let us 5s to read all and then kick us from the arena.

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

Everyone’s know that pvp is lacking lots of things like that one. So what ?
As long as every dev will work on pve content and there will not be a serious team that can work ONLY on pvp, these things will not appear magically in the game…

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

When you watch a LoL or Dota match, you can almost always tell whats going on, even if u dont know much about the game, you can try to guess. If you watch a GW2 match….. well, what you see its a big mess, flashes all around, clones, pets, teleports, leap, flames everywhere, explosions everywhere, things blowing up, ppl jumping around dodging things and becoming immune to any kind of dmg while they roll.

This is such a bullkitten argument. I’ve watched a few Dota and LoL streams and I have ABSOLUTELY NO KITTENING IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT ANY MOMENT. Gw2 matches on the other hand I can follow pretty well, especially with good commentators.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

VICTORY
or…
DEFEAT

With a big button “Exit to Heart of the Mists” under it.

Great topic OP.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

cuge.5398

When you watch a LoL or Dota match, you can almost always tell whats going on, even if u dont know much about the game, you can try to guess. If you watch a GW2 match….. well, what you see its a big mess, flashes all around, clones, pets, teleports, leap, flames everywhere, explosions everywhere, things blowing up, ppl jumping around dodging things and becoming immune to any kind of dmg while they roll.

This is such a bullkitten argument. I’ve watched a few Dota and LoL streams and I have ABSOLUTELY NO KITTENING IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT ANY MOMENT. Gw2 matches on the other hand I can follow pretty well, especially with good commentators.

Maybe its bullkitten for you, but its a really a common opinion among players that GW2 fights are really messy, and we are lucky that minion masters, spirit rangers and turret engi arent meta builds anymore….cause that was a hell of a screen mess.
But still, during a fight there isnt much way to highlight some key skills, and i did watch streams, and casters dont call for skills, cause its too messy, they mostly point out when somone goes down or get ressed, because ther eis simply too much stuff happening at once to point out anything else.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

It would be great to review after a match and it would even help with another issue, queue time. If after a match i could spend some time looking at stats from previous match it would give me something to do while waiting for next.