is PvP dead on this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Niels.9185

Niels.9185

I’m a hardcore pvp player, i used to play a lot of WoW because i loved the pvp but 2 years ago i bought Guildwars and never got back to WoW because of the monthly fee and Guildwars is a much better looking game.

The pvp however feels empty, there’s only 5v5 or WvW. WvW isnt really pvp in my opinion, it’s a huge battlefield where individual skill is less important.

What i would really like is 10v10 or 15v15. (10v10 currently only exists as custom maps with ridicilous rules for rank farming).
Also the only game mode in pvp currently is conquest/domination, with the exception of the very small team deathmatch map all of which are 5v5.
capture the flag? Underwater pvp battles? Free for all? why arent there any other gamemodes??

Tthis game looks absolutely beautiful, it has awesome pvp rewards and a dedicated lobby for pvp, but it lacks variaty

So is pvp dead? Is that why since 2 years there have not been any new gamemodes for pvp?

I am not a native English speaker so please forgive me for any mistakes.

in PvP

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

You bring up a great point and I am in the same boat you are. PvP is not dead at all, but it is becoming stale. Something tells me there is an expansion coming for Guild Wars 2 in 2015 and I feel like PvP is going to get a lot of love. Heres to hoping.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Is it stale? You always have room to improve and when you get better you have harder opponents to fight. There are also weekly tournaments in 2v2 and 5v5 categories, as well as the 1v1 servers and the occasional 1v1 tournaments. Gambling servers pop up now and again also. New game modes would be nice, but I’d rather have new maps. The way GW2 works generally favors conquest, although a GvG style map would be cool.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I don’t find pvp stale at all. Probably needs more maps and game modes. Would like 1v1 and 2v2 type arenas and a few other things, but I enjoy it still. It’s the only thing I really do in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

I don’t find pvp stale at all. Probably needs more maps and game modes. Would like 1v1 and 2v2 type arenas and a few other things, but I enjoy it still. It’s the only thing I really do in this game.

It’s all I do as well now, and I don’t mean the actual gameplay/PvP is stale. The game mode is becoming stale. I’m almost to the point where I don’t want to do anything but fight other players and then my team gets kittened at me for not capturing points.

Conquest gets old after playing it 2,000 times.

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Hardcore wow???

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: Microsoft Xp.9438

Microsoft Xp.9438

I would really love to see gvg from gw1 please make this happen i miss hanging out in guild halls

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I would say it’s pleasantly stagnant. if u like gw2 pvp, this is basically what it should have been on release.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

WvW isnt really pvp in my opinion, it’s a huge battlefield where individual skill is less important.

L2Roam.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

2000 times is nothing to be fair, that’s a very minuscule amount of games.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

It’s all I do as well now, and I don’t mean the actual gameplay/PvP is stale. The game mode is becoming stale. I’m almost to the point where I don’t want to do anything but fight other players and then my team gets kittened at me for not capturing points.

Does basketball get old after playing it 2000 games? Soccer?

After all, the rules and the fields never, ever change.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

WvW isnt really pvp in my opinion, it’s a huge battlefield where individual skill is less important.

L2Roam.

Yeah I never got that, people act like you have to run around doing 30v30. The majority of my time in wvw is spent in a group of only five or less.

When it comes to pvp, I’ve been playing a lot less. Generally I always play the same players too, so it gets boring, plus conquest only for over two years doesn’t help.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I’m a hardcore pvp player, i used to play a lot of WoW because i loved the pvp but 2 years ago i bought Guildwars and never got back to WoW because of the monthly fee and Guildwars is a much better looking game.

The pvp however feels empty, there’s only 5v5 or WvW. WvW isnt really pvp in my opinion, it’s a huge battlefield where individual skill is less important.

What i would really like is 10v10 or 15v15. (10v10 currently only exists as custom maps with ridicilous rules for rank farming).
Also the only game mode in pvp currently is conquest/domination, with the exception of the very small team deathmatch map all of which are 5v5.
capture the flag? Underwater pvp battles? Free for all? why arent there any other gamemodes??

Tthis game looks absolutely beautiful, it has awesome pvp rewards and a dedicated lobby for pvp, but it lacks variaty

So is pvp dead? Is that why since 2 years there have not been any new gamemodes for pvp?

I am not a native English speaker so please forgive me for any mistakes.

The terrible class balance combined with no new game modes makes people leave spvp and go play wvw/pve/other game

A proof of that is if you make team with 5 on ts you can easily get in top 1k. In a serious pvp game top 1k would be hard to get. This happens because there is very few players on spvp ranked queue.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Tao.5096

Terrible class balance?
Is that a new excuse for – I cba to improve in pvp – ?

It’s quite funny attitude.

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I wish there are GvsG as in 25vs25, or 50vs50.

WvW to me is pointless, I dont’ really care if my server wins or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

the main reason I stopped playing Gw2 was exactly that! PvP is nothing but boring in this game, I’m playing another MMO right now were the PvP is simply awesome! although the combat mechanics of Gw2 are the best i’ve seen, it is just not enough to keep me interested.

That’s why i come to this forum often, in the hopes that something NEW freshens up the PvP here.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Actually pvp is more alive than ever in gw2. They have put in many changes that have more or less significantly impacted the old community and the new incoming community. Yea new maps and modes havnt yet made it to the surface for us who have been in it for the long haul since day one. But it’s only been recently that pvp has gotten light in the midst of everything else so hopefully something will turn up in the near future. As for now I like where they are trying to go and I’m ecstatic that they are giving pvp the attention it desperately needed.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Actually pvp is more alive than ever in gw2. They have put in many changes that have more or less significantly impacted the old community and the new incoming community. Yea new maps and modes haven’t yet made it to the surface for us who have been in it for the long haul since day one. But it’s only been recently that pvp has gotten light in the midst of everything else so hopefully something will turn up in the near future. But for now I like where they are trying to go and I’m ecstatic that they are giving pvp the attention it desperately needed.

what?!… all they have done is fluff… new UI with animations and a new MM system that works even worse than before… balance is still the same as always buff classes to oblivion wile nerfing others to the ground, 1 year ago we had the closest thing to balance that we ever seen, then with the December 10th patch balanced was gone again and ever since we always age at every given time 1-2 extremely OP professions and 1-2 extremely useless professions, and with very “balance” patch these professions switch positions. to a point were it got frustrating to pvp instead of FUN…

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The data miner on reddit found new maps a while ago that appeared to be lord kill/gvg maps…

Here’s hoping it will be released soon.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

A easy way to win the match is!
The first step, you have to join the loser team while the highest match point is between 300-350, then wait for another guy join the winner team.
The second step, join back to spectator zone before the match point reach 400, then just wait to join the winner team when the troll-balance system starts counting down!

This is why PvP is dead

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

A easy way to win the match is
the first step, you have to join unbalance or the loser team while the match points is between 300-350
the second step, join back to spectator, then you just wait for join the winner team to get the win point!

This is why PvP is dead

Lol hot join. No one plays that though..

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Dessertblade.9651

Dessertblade.9651

Im newbie in this game, and I have to say that, comparing GW2 with other mmorpg, this game has very good things and very bad things. And PVP is one of the worst. The learning curve in this game is terrible, every new player who enters only will see death and destruccion everywhere, and will be frustrated by the infinite deaths he will suffer before to know something. The impossibility to make a duel with a friend, or at least a combat 1vs1 impossibilite to learn in other way but the trial and error. The nule explanation of combo fields or mechanics ingame dont help. And zerg mechanics and how bad is be in a small sized group or alone made it worst.

I know that AN wants a multiplayer game, and dont want SPVP. But SPVP, duels or whatever, are a very usefull system for learn how to play. You can see the different capabilities of other classes and you dont have to play from 0 another class only to know how to defeat it. There is not equilibrium, only explosions. No time to think or to learn. Too much important the teamplay to do nothing alone, and too much effort to learn how to play.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Im newbie in this game, and I have to say that, comparing GW2 with other mmorpg, this game has very good things and very bad things. And PVP is one of the worst. The learning curve in this game is terrible, every new player who enters only will see death and destruccion everywhere, and will be frustrated by the infinite deaths he will suffer before to know something. The impossibility to make a duel with a friend, or at least a combat 1vs1 impossibilite to learn in other way but the trial and error. The nule explanation of combo fields or mechanics ingame dont help. And zerg mechanics and how bad is be in a small sized group or alone made it worst.

I know that AN wants a multiplayer game, and dont want SPVP. But SPVP, duels or whatever, are a very usefull system for learn how to play. You can see the different capabilities of other classes and you dont have to play from 0 another class only to know how to defeat it. There is not equilibrium, only explosions. No time to think or to learn. Too much important the teamplay to do nothing alone, and too much effort to learn how to play.

Oooh, you seem to have experience with PvP in other games.
Mind sharing which game has awesome PvP with least of flaws?
I hope you won’t mention complete RNG/BestPossibleGear games.