is it worth boyz?

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: Julian.2971

Julian.2971

All the struggling, all the suffering, all the pain, the rage and the frustration. Trying to maintain a positive w/l ratio to slowly climb in the division, at the end you just got a jewel on your name and your inventory full of crap, and the godd sensation of accomplish something after countless hours of bad times.

Is it worth to try hard in the pvp legues that anet have implemented?

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

No, it’s really not. Since divisions are not tied to MMR the jewel doesn’t accurately represent your skill level. I limit myself to the 3 daily matches just because I can’t handle some of the people I get are too frustrating. Not to mention the whole premade v solq issue, lack of rewarding win streaks and the matchmaking trying to push your ratio to 50/50 even if you aren’t in the division that your skill lvl deserves.

Just have fun, try to learn and improve and do your best, even if your team loses 1v3 at a point.

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The problem stems from players trying to “solo que” farm pips rather than get involved and form teams for the guild ladder. If more people would form teams and play for guild team rank rather than pips, everything would function the way it was intended.

The real test, the real competition was supposed to be in the league guild team ladder.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Leagues weren’t meant to be a guild team only thing though. Anet said SoloQ players would be able to participate without having a disadvantage.

Not to mention guild league has been exploited by teams…

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: Julian.2971

Julian.2971

Got you trevor, obviusly this season has been a complete fail for solo queuers so far

Im wondering if there are some kind of real competition in the guild ladder right now, i mean how many full teams are playing consistently, if they are trying hard to maintain the high spots of the table, playing agaist random pugs soloq duoqs or against good teams all over again. Those teams are pve/pvx guilds, esl, or lesser competition teams (with good players too, im not saying otherwise) like academy, etc?

Depending on that we could say if the system is working as intented as you said or not.

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

There isn’t real MMR decay on the guild ladder either, so those top spots are nearly untouchable because the teams only have to play one match a week to maintain their status

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

All the struggling, all the suffering, all the pain, the rage and the frustration. Trying to maintain a positive w/l ratio to slowly climb in the division, at the end you just got a jewel on your name and your inventory full of crap, and the godd sensation of accomplish something after countless hours of bad times.

Is it worth to try hard in the pvp legues that anet have implemented?

If you have a full premade and you are willing to run this kitten meta yes. Otherwise you need to understand your skill at the games will have very little impact on you rank in the end and take the light hearted attitude they expect.

Attitude they expect:
“Oh look we got paired with a full premade guild team…. Oh well, let’s suck it up and do our best. Let’s all remember this is just for fun”

Instead of getting upset for the fight being unfair, the free win to the other team ,etc… Essentially they assume you’re a PvE focused player who just enjoys some PvP on the side, since you are the type that would spend months grinding away for a Legendary they assume you love the game enough that five minutes of your life in a match you have very little chance of winning is going to be just dandy.

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

I got to Ruby soloq and loved it.

Sure there were dark times, but I actually had a feeling of getting something done in this game for the first time ever. That may be lame, but it is what it is.

Emerald was bad, but sapphire was a breeze.

The funniest and worst thing is the raging in team chat. I like to call em out, which encourages amazing loads of venom, often long after the game has ended, but it may help them reflect ton their lives. Who knows? Apparently when you lose a game you need to ‘get back to pve, noob’ and ‘L2p’ and all that, and the angry is awesome and the rest are all crap.

Good times.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

(edited by Exxcalibur.6203)

is it worth boyz?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m climbing diamond and no, it’s not worth it. Bugs, balance issues and people exploiting match making.

PvP is garbage now.