is pvp reward track faster than wvw?

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i have a reward track i need to complete 6 times and was wonder if its faster or slower than the wvw ones

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Way, way faster.

in PvP

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Like day and night.. booster up and have fun.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Have an alt character (with the same spells if you want -so you can have 2 long ultis or spells rdy to use) , and fully stack it with boosters

Play with you main and near the end switch it and that wayyou will maintain the boosters for longer time

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

More or less the same. WvW is just more consistent whereas PvP can range from being quicker to being longer depending on various factors.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

More or less the same. WvW is just more consistent whereas PvP can range from being quicker to being longer depending on various factors.

The only way PVP is longer is if you have ridiculous queue times. WvW, you only get a tier (500) every 15+ minutes (195 cap + 10% potion + ???). PVP, you get more than a reward tier every time you win unranked/ranked matches, and most of a tier even if you lose (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Reward_Track). Each game is going to be less than 15 minutes.

Edit: realized I made a mistake with the wvw tick calculations being every 5 minutes, not 15.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

(edited by alemfi.5107)

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

The only way PVP is longer is if you have ridiculous queue times. WvW, you only get a tier (500) every 30+ minutes (195 cap + 10% potion + ???). PVP, you get more than a reward tier every time you win unranked/ranked matches, and most of a tier even if you lose (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Reward_Track). Each game is going to be less than 15 minutes.

You get more than 500 within 30 minutes when doing WvW. That’s without using any boosters. For PvP you’re missing queue times, time it takes to start the match, duration of match, and whether you win or lose. All of these can contribute to how long it takes to complete a reward track.

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

Way faster? The same? A lot of bad information in here.

Let’s say you’re using max boosters and no tourneys are going on (unreliable). You’re max progress on a track per win is 3.5% times the 70% from boosters, or 5.95% of a full track.

Needing to get to 100% requires 16.8 rounded up to 17 wins…. IN A ROW. Now take an average match lasting 10 minutes plus 5 minutes of queue time plus 2 minutes of waiting for 10 people to never press “ready” and you’re looking at 17*17 minutes or 4 hours and 48 minutes per track…. if you have a 100% winning percentage. Let’s say you’re like everybody else and have a 50% winning percentage.

With a 50% winning percentage you’re looking at a game being either a win or a loss meaning max boosters it’s going up 1.19% or 5.95%. The average of these is 3.57%. This is 28 games you have to play. 17 minutes per and that’s 7 hours and 56 minutes.

Take WvW max boosters and you get 195 times 1.6 is 312 per 5 minute tick. 8 tiers a track with 5 rewards a tier and 500 per reward is 65 5 minute ticks is 5 hours and 25 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Way faster? The same? A lot of bad information in here.

Let’s say you’re using max boosters and no tourneys are going on (unreliable). You’re max progress on a track per win is 3.5% times the 70% from boosters, or 5.95% of a full track.

Needing to get to 100% requires 16.8 rounded up to 17 wins…. IN A ROW. Now take an average match lasting 10 minutes plus 5 minutes of queue time plus 2 minutes of waiting for 10 people to never press “ready” and you’re looking at 17*17 minutes or 4 hours and 48 minutes per track…. if you have a 100% winning percentage. Let’s say you’re like everybody else and have a 50% winning percentage.

With a 50% winning percentage you’re looking at a game being either a win or a loss meaning max boosters it’s going up 1.19% or 5.95%. The average of these is 3.57%. This is 28 games you have to play. 17 minutes per and that’s 7 hours and 56 minutes.

Take WvW max boosters and you get 195 times 1.6 is 312 per 5 minute tick. 8 tiers a track with 5 rewards a tier and 500 per reward is 65 5 minute ticks is 5 hours and 25 minutes.

Don’t forget about the WvW Reward Track advancment via player kills. If you are in T1 it’s way way way way more faster then sPvP if you are on unfavorable terms with ANets awesome MM system. In T2 it’s still alot faster, in T3 It’s only faster during SEA, late EU, and NA prime times. I’d even dare to say if you are getting bags and kill during off hours it’s faster there as well. T4…., lol just stick to sPvP for reward track advancment.

Here is the only strife about trying to get reward tracks fast in WvW. You have to engage in mostly mindlessly follow the leader(commander) and his 30 plus zerglings. [At times I am a zergling as well] Sometimes it can be actually fun to zerg, most times it’s more so fun to roam solo or small gang type on non stealth condi build. In my opinion running near brain dead easy mode Condi PU Chrono’s and DDs, just kinda takes away from the I accomplished something factor when every I kill somebody.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Wvw has a ramp-up time, which takes between 10 and 45 minutes to max out participation depending on what’s happening on the maps.

If you’re only going to play a half hour at a time, spvp is probably faster, if you’re going to play for an hour or two, wvw is probably faster.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Wvw has a ramp-up time, which takes between 10 and 45 minutes to max out participation depending on what’s happening on the maps.

If you’re only going to play a half hour at a time, spvp is probably faster, if you’re going to play for an hour or two, wvw is probably faster.

This is true.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Well if you had Heroic Booster + Experience Booster + Guild WvW Reward Track Boost from Guild Hall and kept participation at 100% for the entire duration of 4 hours you could get ~14000/20000 of the reward track. You will get 314 reward track points per tick which is every 5 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

10-45 minutes O.o never taken me that long between dollys Shrinesband Sentrys it takes at most 5 minutes