in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

yes because it’s fun

is there an actual reason to play ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

If you’re not having fun, then no, there is absolutely no reason to play whatsoever.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If you don’t have fun playing the game, why play it?

A game is an activity that provides entertainment or amusement. If you’re not having any of those, you should probably find a better way to spend your free time.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Not unless you like sitting in the hotm for 10 minutes, and then play the same spec you have played for 1 to 3 years on the same maps you have played for 3 years.

No new map in 3 years.
No balance changes in 12 months
no in game tournaments so if you want to compete you need to:
1, base your life around being free on sundays and thursdays – probably all day too because teams can just afk for hours with no punishment
2, enjoy playing vs the same 3 other teams over and over
Really anet most normal people base their social lives around weekends, please give us some automated in game tournaments to have some fun in and have some fun competiti8n (win or lose)

No leaderboards to be competitive in game to work towards progression.
No way to be competitive as a solo player due to no solo queue

This game is basically totally no reason to play right now.

i saw someone saying anets priorities seem to be giving away college fund money to a bunch of people who are commited to esports. This is so ridiculous, and their pvp is dying as a result. Invest inyour core game anet. Those 5 teams entering the tournaments have fun i am sure but that is 25 ppl out of 5 million

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Puppet.8139

Puppet.8139

To have fun. If you are not having fun, I am not sure why you are here. You play games to have fun. Only other reason there is to play a game is if it makes you money, or gives you BJ’s. Both of which you are probably not getting, because you play this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

To have fun. If you are not having fun, I am not sure why you are here. You play games to have fun. Only other reason there is to play a game is if it makes you money, or gives you BJ’s. Both of which you are probably not getting, because you play this game.

That is a 2003 answer sorry you are out dated now.

A large reason people stick with mmos like gw2 (even though they suck) is because they made friends in the game and so they are “stuck” with it.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

If you’re not having fun, then no, stop logging in, nobody is forcing you to.
I’m having GREAT fun with GW2, therefore, the reason I play is—— to have fun!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Mom said i have to destroy 1,000 golems daily or I won’t get dinner.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

And no don’t say fun.

Proc Wars 2 is definitely not fun

If you are not having fun, then quit. With the amount of QQ that comes from you, I would say quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself, but that would be me assuming I know what goes through your mind.

There is no reason to do anything other than to eat, sleep, drink water and poop.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: avalanche.2795

avalanche.2795

Does anyone else remember HoH in Guild Wars 1?

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

And no don’t say fun.

If you are not having fun, then quit. With the amount of QQ that comes from you, I would say quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself, but that would be me assuming I know what goes through your mind.

There is no reason to do anything other than to eat, sleep, drink water and poop.

Rofl i’ve already quit.

I’m just asking why do people continue to play this game ( PvP) since

no skill progression ( no tiers, terrible matches vs randoms instead of players of your skill level)

joke leaderboard

no competition

terrible meta

cheese gameplay based on unavoidable things such instant skills and procs/weap swap

ridicolous power creep

I’m seriously just asking.

And, anyway, it’s been like 2 weeks from my last post so i dunno where is this “qq” you’re talking about coming from.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

GW2 has the best PvP in any MMO…I find that reason enough to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

dis

in PvP

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Tomes of Knowledge?

Only reason I wasted time in PvP (it may not be a good reason but is a reason nonetheless.)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

+1 too.
I’ve dabbled with other mmopvp’s and i’m disgusted with the tank, heals, dps trinity. GW2 offers the best pvp hands down.

It lacks competitiveness for sure. This is due to the game’s lack of competitive elements like 2v2 and 3v3, duel functions (out of combat is a pain in custome arenas). The biggest of these is lack of leaderboard. Its been bad since launch. I feel for you because these are frustrating elements for any competitive player.

To be honest; however frustrating, I still enjoy this game’s pvp nature in spite the lack of competitiveness in Ranked. Competing in Tournaments is frustrating because it’s hard finding a 5man team and setting up schedules. That’s why most MMO’s did away with 5v5 and concentrated more with small skirmishes like 2v2 and 3v3.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I play because its fun.

Edit- Yes and also has the best pvp in any mmo I have played.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

And no don’t say fun.

Rofl i’ve already quit.

no skill progression ( no tiers, terrible matches vs randoms instead of players of your skill level)

joke leaderboard

no competition

terrible meta

cheese gameplay based on unavoidable things such instant skills and procs/weap swap

ridicolous power creep

And, anyway, it’s been like 2 weeks from my last post so i dunno where is this “qq” you’re talking about coming from.

Your right!….
But i’m playing despite all it’s fault, for the pvp. But be warn Anet!!!!! & i am not the only one…… I am already playing just a few games per day compared to the days i use to play alote. & i am playing now a few games per day……… till i get another MMO to fill what’s missing with out this frustration. So you got till then before you loose me permanently. & i am not the only one…

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

And no don’t say fun.

Rofl i’ve already quit.

joke leaderboard

no competition

terrible meta

ridicolous power creep

oh well , atm spvp is a new place to farming pve stuff and daily achievement…

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

You must play PvP. You have to play PvP.
If you do not play PvP, you will end up without a girlfriend, just like this guy

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If not fun… Hmph…

If you’re desperate, to look at Human Females (°¤° ). lol.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

And no don’t say fun.

Rofl i’ve already quit.

joke leaderboard

no competition

terrible meta

ridicolous power creep

Oh goody.

Now if only you would simply move on now.

You remind me of one of those loser (not that you are) that was the star quarterback (America football) of his little pathetic town and failed to be accepted by any college teams. So to reclaim his old glory he puts on his lettered jacket and goes back to his old high school for that brief 15 minutes of recognition by coach Buddy Smith.

So you quit congratulations. Now if only you could move on and don’t worry about what the others who are still playing. (Yes, it is within your rights to keep posting here, but why would you?).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

1) Fun.
2) Rank which awards a pretty cool finisher but unfortunately this got ruined by Arenant allowing every pleb to get them via hotjoins.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

You must play PvP. You have to play PvP.
If you do not play PvP, you will end up without a girlfriend, just like this guy

y u no look at ma signature

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

1) Fun.
2) Rank which awards a pretty cool finisher but unfortunately this got ruined by Arenant allowing every pleb to get them via hotjoins.

I agree with you for the “fun part”. But you old timers need to stop with the “finishers don’t mean anything now”. They never meant anything, just that you played more. As it is now, it’s faster to obtain pvp ranks by just playing in ranked or unranked, even if you loose three times out of four. Rank farm servers are honestly just there fro PvE AP farmers who are repulsed at the idea of doing anything else than a boring grind. Rank still shows experience in pvp, but I don’t think you should feel special because you play more. If you want to show people you’re better, just play well.

in PvP

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

And no don’t say fun.

Rofl i’ve already quit.

/thread

Nothing to be seen here except someone who has problems to understand that not everybody shares his view of the world.