issues with practice mode

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i find it very difficult nowadays to get some proper practice on build tryouts.

the intended mode to do so would be practice mode. but since you are able to switch teams as your liking, i see a lot of people in practice mode waiting for a team to get in front to join it. in addition those guys run the ‘safe way’ – they start to blob.

on first hand i didnt care, because it wasnt about winning for me, but for practicing/trying some stuff. as soon as a team gets the lead by about 100 points, people start to leave the team behind. this results in unbalanced match-up where auto-balance comes in. so say a 5vs3 leads into a 4vs4 which opens the option for observing players (like the one who left the losing team) to join the winning team. now we have a 5vs4 situation, where as well no one joins the losing team. so for the next 2 minutes it is still unbalanced until someone gets frustrated again and leaves (the losing team). again auto-balance comes into play and again there is a open spot in winning team.
but since there is the possibility to switch teams it forces those narrow minded players to always join the winning team (and if not possible simply waiting for a free spot – since auto balance is active, and losing team gets frustrated very quick, there will always be a free spot anytime soon).

the best solution to this is by simply deactivate the ‘join blue’ and ‘join red’ option. so you still are able to ‘hot join’ practice mode by ‘join random’, but will always get randomised. no need to touch auto-balance or whatsoever. just take away the option to chose a team. no need to argue about fairness because it would be more fair than the actual mode.

and dont tell me you cant do it.
its your game, you can tell us ’okay people, this is the reason and therefore the option to switch teams in practice is turned off from nowon/for a test month/for whatever.

what do you think? why isn’t there any solution yet to this problem? is it because they have to wait for major updates and can’t change things simply as that?
i dont believe they dont want to change it, because this is the first thing destroying new-user-experience

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

here i have some very interesting screenshots.
i like the beginning, where the match starts with 4vs4, blue team gets in a 6 point lead and gets another player. 5sec later red team brings an orb and as soon as this happened, the 5th player immediatly switched to red team.

http://imgur.com/a/dXD06

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”