just add new game modes

just add new game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Bugg.9231

Bugg.9231

I see a lot of crap about the current meta, although I’m no big fan either, it can be simply fixed by adding 1 to 2 new game modes. We’re stuck making high sustainable/tanky builds because we have to sit on a point to capture it. Stronghold is nice, but so much can be buggy with it. I’d suggest a simple TDM but on a bigger scale maybe 8v8 with larger maps to prevent huge team fights, add in map objectives that aren’t to wild to understand. And for the love of god can we get a capture the flag game. Pretty please anet.

just add new game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

One might argue that balance is more important than adding game modes and simply adding game modes requires more work. More balancing, more updates, fixes, and as a result, more work for the developers to accomplish which will span their focus wider.

If it were so easy.

just add new game modes

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

2v2 arena is still the dream

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

just add new game modes

in PvP

Bugg.9231

Seriously 2v2 or 3v3. Well they spent 3 years making HoT and only made 1 new map that’s not even playable. GG. Just saying take battle of kyhlo remove the objective to cap points base it off kills etc. Not that hard.

just add new game modes

in PvP

Leohart.4610

I was taking your examples into consideration at the time of my post, “8v8”, “TDM”, “bigger scale”, “capture the flag”.

Of course, the 2 v 2 tourneys in the past seemed fun, even when they were ridden with cancer (but top tier players managed fine).

Unless you’re at ArenaNet and working on the programmings, planning, etc. I find it difficult to understand how you’d assume it were so easy.

flex #RIPzoobuilds #capricorn2016

(edited by Leohart.4610)

just add new game modes

in PvP

Bugg.9231

Don’t take it so literally. Yes it take time to do it. But it can’t be that hard for them to do. Obviously it takes time. I mean took 3 years for HoT.

just add new game modes

in PvP

Leohart.4610

Time isn’t anywhere in my posts (apologies for my literal interpretation), but yeah I agree it’ll take time. It’s just with all that’s going on, especially the pro leagues and the balancing problems, adding game modes might prove to be more detrimental than advantageous. Considering Stronghold being put on hold, it’s blatant they have their hands full.