killed in 1.5 sec by a thief litterally

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

No, half second delay means the combo is already done and through, unless that thief is a noob. Also, except for endure pain, blink and lightning flash, you need multiple reacts to break it. Even if you do dodge backstab, that thief is still stealthed and half the damage already connected.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I jsut want to say that in guildwars one. We all knew how the game was balanced around teamplay and noone cared about 1v1 really.

If an ele without blocks or a mesmer without blocks ran by and got spiked by a sin, if he didn’t use any means like a blind or missed his interrupt. He was probably going to die terribly fast, and by fast I mean pretty much just as fast as this thief is killing right now.

That was ok, we knew the game wasn’t so centered around 1v1 and it wasn’t something that happened often unless you responded to a split solo. The game was balanced around two teams of 8 clashing and you seen that more than anything other than some teams that split 2-4 people and had turtle builds at stand. conquest is more of a mess and there really isn’t any positioning here that remotely resembles how organized you had to be in combat in gw1 unless you were brave about it.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Oh thieves…what a lot of bs.

You have the ability to dissapear+do damage at will using c+d on basically 0 cooldown (oh no..it’s so SO hard to get initiative back, please tell me how difficult it is…).

So you risk absolutely nothing in a fight. I just watched a thief video of him spamming button 1 for his pistol and c+d inbetween as soon as he was targetted, then back to button 1 on his pistol and killing multiples in WvW. He honestly used 2 buttons the entire video.

Tell me again how hard it is being a thief….

Of course he only uses his auto attack. Have you seen P/D’s skill set? 1 is P/D’s main damage dealer. 2’s Body Shot which is used to inflict vulerability, 3’s Shadow Strike, which is a melee attck that shadowsteps you back on hit, 4’s Dancing Dagger which is bouncing cripple that hits up to 3 targets and 5’s CnD which is an on hit stealth. In otherwords Auto-Attack is P/D’s only spammable attack skill. Also, WvW is a poor place to gauge balance and talk is cheap. So if you reply to this why not post said video.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

It means during all of this, you can press your “save me” button at any time and live.

You can read the thief and dodge his steal combo as well. I play with no stunbreak on my thief and snub openers all the time with LDB/dodge rolls.

Also, unless the target is standing still, you have to typically take a step forward/backwards for positioning. Which means the combo time for all of this is typically 0.6seconds. That’s 3x the average human reaction time.

Also, having protection will prevent you from being instantly killed if you don’t have the hp/armor to live through this opener.

Not really making a good point here, outside that you’re 3x slower than the average human when it comes to reacting and you are incapable of predicting movements.

And that the OP is 7x slower than the average human.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in PvP

Navzar.2938

You forgot the 100~200ms from ping. Also, the target WILL be standing still. One would obviously use a venom with the build. Either basilisk or devourer, or both. And lets not forget quicklness either, that wasn’t factored into the .5sec time for the 3 hit combo.

in PvP

Daays.4317

The answer is quite simple.

If you don’t have the reaction time to react to a 0.5second opener, then you need to create a spec that allows you more time to react.

The only way you’ll instantly die to an opener from 100-0 is if you’re a glass cannon.
Any class running with soldiers amulet cannot be killed from this opener.
Any class with protection cannot be killed from this opener.
Any class with aegis cannot be killed from this opener.
Any class with a melee/ranged blind cannot be killed from this opener.
Any class with blocks cannot be killed from this opener.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in PvP

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

More backstab trash talk ? you can play backstab all you want, as a thief i got no problems with it
nor on my mesmer…
nor on my guardian…
nor on my ranger with s/d gs…
nor on my engineer with bomb kit…
nor on my a/m hammer warrior…
nor on my d/d or s/d and staff ele…
Nor on my s/d staff necro…
Bloody hell thats all of the classes…Thief sure is OP every class has build to counter him heavily…

I am sure, you all want to roll berserkers amulet but that is not the best amulet on many classes. I only use it on thief and mesmer since only 2 of them can survive ok with… well also rifle knockback engineers too, if played well.

Other classes do not have enough survivability with berserkers amulet, they just dont… You take bersers amulet and then cry i got killed in 1.5 second by a thief or w/e else.
Maybe think, that it is not working strategy ? or you want to make it a working strategy by nerfing thief.

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

in PvP

Posted by: labotimy.2439

labotimy.2439

@knight the day has come when a mesmer is complaining about a thief lol ? where are you clones bro ? Do I really need to start with the l2p thing.

typical thief player response. looked at your post history, obvious thief player is obvious. why low ttk is considered acceptable, i have no idea. you thief players are in similar positions BW/sorcs in war and mages in rift(or even sabs which had 5+ second ttk). you have the capability of 2 second TTK which is completely outrageous and has no place in any pvp mmo, and yet you argue to leave it the same. all your doing is lowering the casual pvp player population which results in gw2 sucking balls, since the community slowly withers until only a small minority of “true fans” remain.

i can go so far as to say most seasoned pvp mmoers are probably disgusted by low TTK, and only the kiddie 1 shot wonder players are amused by this. currently thief and even warrior burst reminds me of playing 300 agility rogues in WoW at level 19, and yes its honestly that BAD. this type of 1 shot wonder BS does not encourage skilled play in any way shape or form period, as a matter of FACT it does the opposite. it promotes the use of specific builds, and restricts character diversity. for example low ttk will reduce the effectiveness of all support besides say prot boon due to the lower amount of time the support spells have to be effective. putting regen/retal/stability on a friendly will not stop him from being downed in 2 seconds from 100b/backstab when it lands(although i guess you have a better chance since you can guaranteed dodge roll with stability up). im sorry but in what way is this skilled game play?

in PvP

labotimy.2439

No.

I’m making an analogy to the reaction time needed to succeed. You say 1/2 a second is too short. It needs to be longer. You can’t react.

Scripted PvE events in another game require multiple people to react within half a second or your entire team fails.

If you think half a second is too short, then your reaction time is too slow. Improve upon it.

You are missing the point of this thread. Your point is only valid if all classes had the ability to kill and opponent in .5 seconds.

this ^. if i decide to roll an engi or a ele or a guard or an alternate built thief, why is it not even possible to do this kind of damage in this kind of time frame, oh yea imbalance.

/logic

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

this ^. if i decide to roll an engi or a ele or a guard or an alternate built thief, why is it not even possible to do this kind of damage in this kind of time frame, oh yea imbalance.

/logic

Not every class is the same. If you want the damage of a Thief, you would have to have to same type of utility as a Thief. If you have the same type of utility as a Thief, you are pretty much a Thief. This would be class homogenization.

Look at TF2 for instance. Classes are not homogenized, yet there is still a fine balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Guys, why are you complaining about thieves burst. They obviously fixed the problem by removing the 10-15k backstabs and making it more like a 8-10k backstab followed by 4 hits upwards of 6k, this is real progress. Maybe next balance it’ll be 7 hits of 5k each.

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

@labotimy funny reply , basically only a low ranked glory player who doesnt tpvp ( or paid ) has issues with glass cannon thieves running 14k hp. Having a 3 sec traited stealth with an immovable shadow refuge small aoe stealth can you still talk ? Did you ever play paid tpvp ? I hardly doubt it and if you did ? have you tried playing a glass cannon thief by any chance ? You obviously have no constructive feedback nor you know game mechanics as such.

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Navzar.2938

Good thief=.5sec combo time. good thief with quickness, now its .25sec. Average reaction time = .215sec That’s a 35ms leeway. But unless you have godly connection, ping is going to be more than that. result? average person can’t react. gogo math skillz
edit: Fixed some things to clear up the message.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in PvP

labotimy.2439

/logic

Not every class is the same. If you want the damage of a Thief, you would have to have to same type of utility as a Thief. If you have the same type of utility as a Thief, you are pretty much a Thief. This would be class homogenization.

Look at TF2 for instance. Classes are not homogenized, yet there is still a fine balance.

so what your saying is a war is actually a thief since it has similar burst and utility skills that amplify or CC your burst’s target?

as a matter of fact i dont think the damage of thief/war/shatter mesmer belong in this game at all. burst is way to high atm and class balance will never be achieved with this level of dps unless all classes can do it, homogenized or not either nerf the burst or give it to all.

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

Burst in this game is a different thing though too. All someone bursting you can do is down you. This is not a kill in gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Burst in this game is a different thing though too. All someone bursting you can do is down you. This is not a kill in gw2.

This might be why people are speccing for downed state and try to get themselves killed because the burst/damage on all classes is insanely high anyways. The other way around it is to be a tank/bunker.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in PvP

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

with my build i have no worries about glass cannon thieves because:
1.i have 3.4k armor (check), and at 50% i get free protection buff, wohoo
2.i have evade on heal and is instant cast(check, also breaks any imobilise they can spawn)
3.i do a lot of conf dmg in return(check)
4.most targets watch the fight and stay still, just asking to get backstabbed (check)
5.most noobs like to complain a lot but 0 pvp skill (check)

in PvP

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Why are 90% of these discussions about hot join 1v1? A good thief does not start fights he ends them. And he is way too good at it.

(edited by Nuhj.8372)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

DanH says, “with my build i have no worries about glass cannon thieves because:
1.i have 3.4k armor (check), and at 50% i get free protection buff, wohoo
2.i have evade on heal and is instant cast(check, also breaks any imobilise they can spawn)
3.i do a lot of conf dmg in return(check)
4.most targets watch the fight and stay still, just asking to get backstabbed (check)
5.most noobs like to complain a lot but 0 pvp skill (check)”

so build as a bunker and you won’t die fast. such an insightful observation. any other pearls of wisdom Captain Obvious?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

labotimy.2439

@labotimy funny reply , basically only a low ranked glory player who doesnt tpvp ( or paid ) has issues with glass cannon thieves running 14k hp. Having a 3 sec traited stealth with an immovable shadow refuge small aoe stealth can you still talk ? Did you ever play paid tpvp ? I hardly doubt it and if you did ? have you tried playing a glass cannon thief by any chance ? You obviously have no constructive feedback nor you know game mechanics as such.

oh man you totally demolished me with this response mr. pro gamer. i have done tournies prolly around 30 or 40 maybe more, not paid seeing as how they came out like last week and i already moved on. as posted previously im rank 2x and hit 2x during beta as well. no i have not tried a glass thief in tourny play, but have had at least 1 GLASS backstab using thief in just about every team i joined.

nice troll attempt btw, although not unique, basically every little piss ant that disagrees with a balance discussion will resort to the l2p argument.

in PvP

Posted by: Legicon.7952

Legicon.7952

I don’t play a thief. I play warrior and eng as my main pvp toons. But I’ll be honest….the constant crying about thieves is getting annoying.

There will always be that one guy who will destroy you! Complaining and whining to forums about it is getting old!
Yes work on your strategy.

Mesmers too! I’ve been completely demolished by both classes. Do I spam them and cry about it? No. I work on my build and try to find strats to counter this.

I have nothing against these thieves. In fact I enjoy facing them. Mesmers as well.

Stop spamming the forums with this QQ

in PvP

labotimy.2439

I don’t play a thief. I play warrior and eng as my main pvp toons. But I’ll be honest….the constant crying about thieves is getting annoying.

There will always be that one guy who will destroy you! Complaining and whining to forums about it is getting old!
Yes work on your strategy.

Mesmers too! I’ve been completely demolished by both classes. Do I spam them and cry about it? No. I work on my build and try to find strats to counter this.

I have nothing against these thieves. In fact I enjoy facing them. Mesmers as well.

Stop spamming the forums with this QQ

another mouth breather claiming a discussion about balance is nothing other then QQ. great argument so far bucko.

in PvP

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

Why are we all pretending that stealth rendering doesn’t happen theives currently can stay invis for almost the entire fight.

There’s endless video’s of players getting hit over and over agian by a guy they cannot target or see.

If your saying Armor with protection save’s you then your flat out playing a theif and lying. Only retaliation can counter theives atm and not everyone can trigger this.

If burst of this game doesn’t get toned down for all classes and protection stacking nerfed, and stealth rendering fixed, then this game won’t last till christmas.

in PvP

offence.4726

oh man you totally demolished me with this response mr. pro gamer. i have done tournies prolly around 30 or 40 maybe more, not paid seeing as how they came out like last week and i already moved on. as posted previously im rank 2x and hit 2x during beta as well. no i have not tried a glass thief in tourny play, but have had at least 1 GLASS backstab using thief in just about every team i joined.

nice troll attempt btw, although not unique, basically every little piss ant that disagrees with a balance discussion will resort to the l2p argument.

This comming from the guy who walked away from tpvp and paid , letting us know how skilled is in his hotjoin PoV. Untill you try and run that glass cannon thief in a decent premade you have no argument. Also if you “walked” away why are you still concerned about the pvp situation which is extremely good atm. Hotjoin should be balanced by limiting the classes numbers per join , not by destroying a certain class untill it becomes unplayable , not from the cries of newcommers who dont know the game mechanics because if they did they wouldnt post in here and would be in game like most of us.

play hard , go pro.

(edited by offence.4726)

in PvP

Posted by: Godorn.2931

Godorn.2931

That kind of damage in that short of a time period is extreme. IMO, the pvp n this game is a joke. WVW is a mess with Orb hacking, latency issues, and extreme damage.

I feel like I got ripped off buying this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Asterisk.2564

Asterisk.2564

I blame this kind of damage on the fact there is no full healer in this game that can cast prot spirit or guardian like in gw1. Just my rant on how i want my M/W healer back. lol

in PvP

Godorn.2931

I heard so many good things about GW1 that I was excited to try this game. So far I have been disappointed on pretty much all fronts. The pve is ok, WVW is a Orb hack fest mired by free transfers to imbalance populations, bots run rampant in the pve zones, sand box pvp is a gankfest.

Did I miss anything?

in PvP

Posted by: TheSavage.2370

TheSavage.2370

i didn’t read everybodies kitten, but i hate thiefs too yes.. but if they are specced as pure damage, killing u easily , fast. . they do within 2 seconds also .. it’s a win win for both sides .

in PvP

Posted by: TheSavage.2370

TheSavage.2370

think of it like a bee, it hurts badly but they kill there selfs stinging you.

in PvP

offence.4726

I heard so many good things about GW1 that I was excited to try this game. So far I have been disappointed on pretty much all fronts. The pve is ok, WVW is a Orb hack fest mired by free transfers to imbalance populations, bots run rampant in the pve zones, sand box pvp is a gankfest.

Did I miss anything?

Maybe try and play some organized wvw and start playing competitive tpvp and paid ( with a premade, guild , friends ) and you’ll see the state of pvp is more then good. You can always get back to hotjoin for some pubstomp little zerg.

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Godorn.2931

“Maybe try and play some organized wvw and start playing competitive tpvp and paid ( with a premade, guild , friends ) and you’ll see the state of pvp is more then good. You can always get back to hotjoin for some pubstomp little zerg.”

There is no way that I am investing one more dime in this game, with the balance the way it is. The SS offered by the OP is all the definitive proof I need that I have wasted my time with this company. They are walking on egg shells with the thief class at the expense of other players which is their call, but I refuse to reward them for it.

I have done WVW in organized groups and its a joke. Ppl die so fast in this game it may as well be a FPS.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I’m glad that you still find value in this product. However, I do not because of the things I mentioned above. Many of the ppl in my guild are logging on less and less, and I am more inclined to play Warhammer as dead as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Seriously, this topic again..?
Just l2p dude, with my mes backstabbin’ thiefs last usually no longer than 10 secs. They are basically glasscannons (you need massive power, a lot of precision and critical damage for those hits so no room for toughness or vitality = death), just learn to use your stunbreakers. The common backstab combo uses what’s the only way that build has to stun you: basilisk venom. Blink that and you’re done. You have at least 3 ways of stealthing you (do i have to list them for you..?), use one of them, illusionary duellist, magic bullet, switch weap, ill berserk, 5 and 3 on your gs and the thief’s dead. That’s all..
I play 40% mes 40% tihef and 20% other classes, i’m sure that all people agrees that the backstab build is far from being the most powerfull build you can achieve with a thief. Try killing a ele point defender with a backstab build. And post here what’s your result. What? Your backstab hit him for nothing and he healed that and more with a dodge? u.u
And the list of examples can go on forever, backstab thief is just a noob smashing build. The best way to counter it? L2p^^

in PvP

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

@ isendel

Well…..you mainly play mesmer (lol okay)…. and a thief….so…you saying l2p isnt saying anything much, when you are using the 2 of the most played class in spvp. Maybe if you were to play like, idk..a spirit ranger, then you can say “thieves arent imba l2p”

in PvP

offence.4726

“Maybe try and play some organized wvw and start playing competitive tpvp and paid ( with a premade, guild , friends ) and you’ll see the state of pvp is more then good. You can always get back to hotjoin for some pubstomp little zerg.”

There is no way that I am investing one more dime in this game, with the balance the way it is. The SS offered by the OP is all the definitive proof I need that I have wasted my time with this company. They are walking on egg shells with the thief class at the expense of other players which is their call, but I refuse to reward them for it.

I have done WVW in organized groups and its a joke. Ppl die so fast in this game it may as well be a FPS.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I’m glad that you still find value in this product. However, I do not because of the things I mentioned above. Many of the ppl in my guild are logging on less and less, and I am more inclined to play Warhammer as dead as it is.

Maybe pvp is not the scene for you as seeing that most of the ppl I know left the game and are now back playing tpvp and paid like mad. I recommend watching some vids of the organized WvW battles, you stated above that ppl are dying like in a FPS its completely untrue. You are catering to the OP which is probably another hotjoin player using the wrong traits , sigils , runes . I recommend getting some knowledge , info , tryouts with the certain OP classes and maybe you will understand how untrue and hard to play they actually are atleast in a competitive enviroment. I for one will not be comming back to the official forums because its riddled with too much cry for nerfs im gonna stay on “guru” where people actually have constructive feedback and theorycraft for a change.

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

What I find mildly amusing in this whole thread is the defensive argumentation like…
1. You need better reactions
2. You need to build you character to survive that burst
3. Stealth does nothing, You are just bad. Just spam aoe and autoattacks

Here some food for thought:
1. Does any other class’ glass cannon spec offer this kind of combination of extreme dps/control/survivability?

2. If 2 glass cannon specs of other classes meet each other, is the winner at one match-up nearly guaranteed?

3. Does any other class require your to spec in a certain way to have a good fighting chance?

4. Should other classes which have a much higher skill cap not have a kind of slight advantage at the peak of the skill curve?

in PvP

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

allowing a class to one-shot another class is a terrible design. What other class can oneshot another? You can see a warrior approaching you for his 100 blades, thieves approach from stealth. Its over before you can even see them.

That’s a bad design.

in PvP

Posted by: slacker.9352

slacker.9352

Me and some guildies tested the bs thief burst build vs some stuff.. example:
A warrior with 3600 armor and 22k hp is downed by a thief in less than 2 seconds.
A elementalist staff support build with cleric ammy is downed in less then 0.5 seconds.. People seem to not think of the combo with haste which means that you can throw everything u got pretty much or probably calculated as INSTANT. I wont link the build since theres enough thief bs builds as it is but you could probably figure it out and test it yourself. Just want to add to all that defends this type of build that if you ever faced a bs thief 1vs1 as any other class with any kind of specc you like and won you faced a bad thief that didnt know how to do the combos properly or had cds.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

i didn’t read everybodies kitten, but i hate thiefs too yes.. but if they are specced as pure damage, killing u easily , fast. . they do within 2 seconds also .. it’s a win win for both sides .

Well unfortunately no; the great thing about playing thief is that you can spec glass canon and still have amazing survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

Besides their 0.5 sec combo, which melts any other class of glass cannon, thieves have such good running away options. If they backstab you and fail—they will just stealth and run away. They dont pay a price. Theres no risk. Its not like there is actual detection in this game (aside from my traps, but thats because I’m a ranger. still, it strangely doesnt reveal them.. even though they have sprung my traps and are taking damage). In games like WoW (sorry, I just have to), if a thief (rogue) backstabs someone and fails, he’ll most likely end up like roadkill.

in PvP

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Thieves are ridiculous right now, easiest to play class and ridiculous burst damage

in PvP

Posted by: Wooyadeen.6491

Wooyadeen.6491

You stated above that ppl are dying like in a FPS its completely untrue.

I guess you never played competitive FPS game. In this game, thief can unload on someone and kill him much faster then in Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3 and Quake Live. I played those games on semi-pro competition (i won few tourneys with real money rewards) and i can tell you this:

Here thief can unload and kill you (when you are full hp) in 2-3 hits (less then 10 sec i guess) but lets be generous and lets say that you need 1 minute, .

On the other hand i need to hit twice with railgun + few bullets from machinegun, keep in mind that railgun reload time is 1500ms and execution is 200ms at same time your enemy can run around walls and regain HP/Armor much faster, also keep in mind that players with best railgun accuracy can hit ~75%. So if you execute it perfect i guess you need atleast 2 minutes to catch and kill other player in fastest and most balanced FPS ever (Quake any part).

*this is only kill speed count. Keep in mind that in quake enemy have same odds as you and that he can hit you at same time with same weapon and give you same dmg (only player skill decides winner).

in PvP

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

No.

I’m making an analogy to the reaction time needed to succeed. You say 1/2 a second is too short. It needs to be longer. You can’t react.

Scripted PvE events in another game require multiple people to react within half a second or your entire team fails.

If you think half a second is too short, then your reaction time is too slow. Improve upon it.

There is a major difference between scripted events, and PvP.

If you don’t understand that, then there is nothing anyone can say that will change your mind.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in PvP

Godorn.2931

Offence, I don’t think you get it, and it really does not matter what you think or say.

I do not support game companies that subscribe to the FPS model of gankfest pvp. Its uninspired laziness, that I will not tolerate.

ANet can do whatever they like and I will respond accordingly. Here is the bottom line, I will not under any circumstances support a game company financially that allows that kind of burst relative to hit points, mitigation, and/or healing.

At the moment, IMO, this game is nothing more than a FPS style of play I find unsatisfying and I prefer not to support. That alone is enough for me to retract my support.

Additionally, I am not satisfied with the WVW model, its bonus system, punitive repair bills for the undermanned faction, Orb hacking, latency issues in regard to stealth, and myriad of ineffective builds on almost every single career.

Not only do I find that solo burst damage is ridiculous, and thieves are not the only culprits. The problem is further compounded by assisting dps. Its why WVW is a joke IMO, and why heal power should be reevaluated.

It was a novel approach to disregard the Holy Trinity, but its was implemented poorly.

in PvP

Daays.4317

No.

If you don’t understand that, then there is nothing anyone can say that will change your mind.

There’s nothing I can say to change yours. You failed to draw that same conclusion that Blizzard designed a PvE raid encounter around a 0.5sec interrupt rotation across multiple people. It was designed to be beaten. You could react fast enough.

Yet I’m being told half a second is too fast when the average human takes 0.215 seconds to react to something.

Not only is half a second too fast though, I was told that it should be increased to 2-3seconds.

Over 10x the reaction time of an average person.

So since it takes a couple of days to fully change someone’s mind, I’ll see you in 20. Maybe then you’ll see how ridiculous it is claiming you have fast reflexes and need at least 2 seconds to react.

in PvP

Sky.9347

No.

There’s nothing I can say to change yours. You failed to draw that same conclusion that Blizzard designed a PvE raid encounter around a 0.5sec interrupt rotation across multiple people. It was designed to be beaten. You could react fast enough.

Yet I’m being told half a second is too fast when the average human takes 0.215 seconds to react to something.

Not only is half a second too fast though, I was told that it should be increased to 2-3seconds.

Over 10x the reaction time of an average person.

So since it takes a couple of days to fully change someone’s mind, I’ll see you in 20. Maybe then you’ll see how ridiculous it is claiming you have fast reflexes and need at least 2 seconds to react.

Come on man… scripted events are SCRIPTED. You know when the ability is going to be used, and as a matter of fact there are addons that put a huge sound and headline across your screen that says MOVE MORON.

In PvP, especially with a highly mobile, stealthed enemy… you have no such warning.

I’m not on the hate thieves bandwagon or anything, but your argument that a player in a competitive PvP environment isn’t any stronger than a RAID BOSS in a PvE environment is disingenuous.

EDIT: I don’t think anyone needs 2-3 seconds either, which is an eternity in PvP.

in PvP

Daays.4317

So you’re saying that a thief is stealing + c&d + bs you from stealth?

And no. I’m saying that in PvE, a half second cast time is considered a joke of an encounter. That when this boss swaps to this phase and RANDOMLY casts a half second raid wipe ability, you must interrupt it.

Yet in PvP, I’m told that half second is too fast. It needs to be at least 2 seconds. And not reacting 1.5seconds after being engaged upon is now considered to be having “good reflexes”.

(edited by Daays.4317)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

0.5 sec is too short? Have you ever played an HA pd mez in gw1? A good pd mez can see a 0.5 sec cast skill, cast pd (That is istant)…and interrupt that skill…all before the 0.5 cast time passed

LOL QQ more noobs…so hilarious

watch and l2p

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Sky.9347

0.5 sec is too short? Have you ever played an HA pd mez in gw1? A good pd mez can see a 0.5 sec cast skill, cast pd (That is istant)…and interrupt that skill…all before the 0.5 cast time passed

watch and l2p

In this video, the interrupter is standing and waiting for skills he knows will be cast. In fact, NOTHING is happening except a demonstration of interrupts. The skills are 0.5 seconds, and even though he is waiting for it he just barely makes it happen with an instant cast skill.

So, to relate that to this situation:

Instead of knowing this is about to happen and interrupting the skill within 5 seconds, we have to spontaneously react with a stunbreak AND a dodge or other invulnerability skill or something.

The result of the failure in your video example is that the skill gets cast.
The result of the failure in this situation is death of your character.

Seriously, you don’t see that as a problem? I’m not saying people can’t react quickly… I can hit the brakes in my car within that time frame without a problem. I’m also not saying that people should have 2 or more seconds to react to this, because that would effectively neuter thieves.

I think what we are saying is that this is an awfully short time frame to determine the life or death of a character, when the rest of the game is built around longer fights.

We aren’t talking about a single interrupt while you are COOPERATING with the spell-caster and WATCHING his health bar for a casting animation. Instead we are talking about something that happens from stealth, from distance, and is followed by more stealth and potentially more of the same burst – OR a complete and effective escape which nullifies any inherit risk.

Besides, ANet has said they are actively looking into this at the moment and plan to nerf the burst in favor for some other kind of buff. They can see the issue here, why can’t you?

in PvP

Daays.4317

Except you know it’s coming.

First off, you can’t steal + c&d + bs from stealth. It’s not possible.
Second, the thief will apply basilisk venom before going in. It has a 1 second cast time. He gets a venom buff. You know it’s coming.

If the thief buffs himself from stealth, waits out stealth, then goes in, then you should be counting. If he healed to get the stealth buff, then count to 3. If he SR, then count to 10.

You being completely oblivious to how other class mechanics work doesn’t help. You not having a game plan for when being engaged by a thief doesn’t help.

Should educate yourself on other class abilities. And if you can’t react in time, design a spec that has access to protection so you cannot get killed in the opener.

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

watch and l2p

In this video, the interrupter is standing and waiting for skills he knows will be cast. In fact, NOTHING is happening except a demonstration of interrupts. The skills are 0.5 seconds, and even though he is waiting for it he just barely makes it happen with an instant cast skill.

So, to relate that to this situation:

Instead of knowing this is about to happen and interrupting the skill within 5 seconds, we have to spontaneously react with a stunbreak AND a dodge or other invulnerability skill or something.

The result of the failure in your video example is that the skill gets cast.
The result of the failure in this situation is death of your character.

Seriously, you don’t see that as a problem? I’m not saying people can’t react quickly… I can hit the brakes in my car within that time frame without a problem. I’m also not saying that people should have 2 or more seconds to react to this, because that would effectively neuter thieves.

I think what we are saying is that this is an awfully short time frame to determine the life or death of a character, when the rest of the game is built around longer fights.

We aren’t talking about a single interrupt while you are COOPERATING with the spell-caster and WATCHING his health bar for a casting animation. Instead we are talking about something that happens from stealth, from distance, and is followed by more stealth and potentially more of the same burst – OR a complete and effective escape which nullifies any inherit risk.

Besides, ANet has said they are actively looking into this at the moment and plan to nerf the burst in favor for some other kind of buff. They can see the issue here, why can’t you?

That video is a bad example.

The monk is having arcane corundum cast on him, which if memory serves me right slows down spells.