leagues going to be bad for PvP Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Warning you now Anet. Leagues will destroy the little SPvP population we have. Creating an elitist circle with even smaller niche than SPvP already is, isnt healthy for the pvp element of the game.

and especially with you nerfing the reward tracks, we going to have the same situation WoW went through and their developers admitted openly to regretting heading in that design direction.

Be prepared.
at the end of the day this will be all on you.

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

lmao stop, this game has enough casuals. STOP.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

and especially with you nerfing the reward tracks, we going to have the same situation that game went through and their developers admitted openly to regretting heading in that design direction.

You mean the disgustingly over simplified build and skill direction that a 2 year old could understand? Or that game’s constant nerf and buff of classes because they fail at game balances?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dont worry about sPvP population, it will probably get quite a boost after Anet kills WvW on weekends. Everything working as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

You mean the fact that good players will play in iper ranked matches, leaving finally noob players and newbye players in matches that they can fight because there’s not a player that can kill 3 of them at once?

leagues will finally make a difference of spaces between pro and newbye players, granting them matches that they can fight newbye vs noobs, balancing a little the problem of premade teams of pro players fighting newbye and bad players, making pro win easy and new/bad players feel frustrated why they haven’t time to practice and improve they’re skills in spvp whyle slaughtered by pro players.

At the beggining you will see a lot of newbye/noob blood everywhere, but the time the pro players go up in rank and you will see good fights of noobs vs noobs.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

You mean the fact that good players will play in iper ranked matches, leaving finally noob players and newbye players in matches that they can fight because there’s not a player that can kill 3 of them at once?

leagues will finally make a difference of spaces between pro and newbye players, granting them matches that they can fight newbye vs noobs, balancing a little the problem of premade teams of pro players fighting newbye and bad players, making pro win easy and new/bad players feel frustrated why they haven’t time to practice and improve they’re skills in spvp whyle slaughtered by pro players.

At the beggining you will see a lot of newbye/noob blood everywhere, but the time the pro players go up in rank and you will see good fights of noobs vs noobs.

and you seriously believe the queue wont get longer than it currently is under that system?

and that more people wont leave out and not play SPvP at all due to that kind of queue?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

and you seriously believe the queue wont get longer than it currently is under that system?

and that more people wont leave out and not play SPvP at all due to that kind of queue?

I wish Evan or someone could give us a statistic on how many sPvP players there are or the mean number of concurrent matches at any given time during a day so we can see how this might impact the queue and the size of the community.

There are several days where I will fight 75% the same people in every match. I’m not sure if this is because of the MMR system or just the size of the community being that small. This concerns me because if the community is that small and the leagues will further divide us, I would not want to play the same people every day for months until I move up (or down) in a league.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET really needs to give us a ready-up on the league system. Too many unanswered questions and so everyone here is just guessing on what will happen.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The fact that I can get in matches and win 3v1s on a puppying necro is a pretty good indicator we near leagues. I’m nowhere near ESL level, but I don’t belong playing in games like that. Leagues should fix it.

Only people who don’t like leagues are the ones who have claimed to be so good for a while now they are scared they will have a little badge that tells everyone how crappy they really are. Everyone else will be happy to be playing close to equal skilled players.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Dont worry about sPvP population, it will probably get quite a boost after Anet kills WvW on weekends. Everything working as intended.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: DroolingDawg.9637

DroolingDawg.9637

The queue time will likely increase in the higher tiers of league but I doubt the lower tiers will see much change. I imagine more people will move into doing league queue depending on if it is more rewarding in the long run — other than getting the legendary backpiece at the highest level.

TBH — I don’t care if I end up sitting in a queue for 30 minutes. At the start of the game paid tournies used to have queues up to an hour easily while you waited for enough teams to join. This game has loooong needed a solid PvP structure and decent rewards to make it enticing. I’m glad I’ll finally get to have that. Most of the PvPers I know who’ve been around since the start are also happy to have this.

The main loss of much of the original sPvP community is BECAUSE there was nothing. Just solo queue and team queue, no tournies, no rewards. This is finally a good step in the right direction, the esports scene seems to be improving with their latest announcement for a world tourny structure as well. It’s finally moving in a nice direction, now we just need to wait another 3 years for when they learn to balance each class to be viable with more than one build ;p

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

I totally disagree. Im happy to finally have a goal to reach in sPvP.